The Official Anime Thread

i am currently watching the anime "monster" it is set in germany after the berlin wall is knocked down and is fkn class

Monster-1.jpg

Apparently Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Pacific Rim) is going to develop this into a TV series for HBO:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-04-24/guillermo-del-toro-develops-monster-manga-as-possible-hbo-show

I don't know what to think about that at all tbh. Done right this could compete with Game of Thrones but I have my reservations into making this in the first place. It's such a classic anime/manga already.

Only open spoiler if you've watched the anime or read manga

I always though Lunge was a character that could be massive if it was developed into a real life tv series. TBH all the characters Tenma, Johan, Dieter etc could hand some actors the role of their lifetime

Ghost in the Shell is also getting a hollywood remake too from the director of the recent snow white film :fainthv9::

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jan/27/rupert-sanders-direct-hollywood-ghost-in-the-shell

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the anime music video for Watanabe's upcoming Space Dandy (this is also the theme song for Space Dandy btw).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nMlqbd2bE

Not exactly "Tank!" is it? But I'm sure it'll work well in its shortened form.

What do you make out of this anime? I am starting to dig it a bit.

What do you make out of this anime? I am starting to dig it a bit.

Unfortunately I actually still haven't got around to watching it, been quite busy :(. Seen bits and bobs here and there but that's about it. What do you think of it? How does it compare to Watanabe's other work?

Unfortunately I actually still haven't got around to watching it, been quite busy :(. Seen bits and bobs here and there but that's about it. What do you think of it? How does it compare to Watanabe's other work?

It's not that serious. It's funny but still good animation. BTW, have you ever seen Black Lagoon? They just started showing it in the States, but I am sure it's edited. I got an uncut version of it & I love it. It's a poor man's Cowboy Bebop.

black_lagoon.jpg

It's not that serious. It's funny but still good animation. BTW, have you ever seen Black Lagoon? They just started showing it in the States, but I am sure it's edited. I got an uncut version of it & I love it. It's a poor man's Cowboy Bebop.

black_lagoon.jpg

Yh definitely didn't expect it to be serious :)

Black Lagoon, another great anime I've had in my queue for like, ever :D.

Here's my animelist if you're interested (missing some stuff):

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ET93

Naruto just get ugly ......The End.......

I've enjoyed the last few Naruto chapters, really looking forward to each new chapter from now on. :)

WARNING, do not open spoiler if you're not reading the Naruto manga:

naruto_and_sasuke_vs_madara_senjutsu_and

Such an awesome panel :D Sasuke's perfect rinnegan looks great, as does Naruto's power up. Can't believe Naruto going to end soon :( , been going on for so long.

I've enjoyed the last few Naruto chapters, really looking forward to each new chapter from now on. :)

WARNING, do not open spoiler if you're not reading the Naruto manga:

naruto_and_sasuke_vs_madara_senjutsu_and

Such an awesome panel :D Sasuke's perfect rinnegan looks great, as does Naruto's power up. Can't believe Naruto going to end soon :( , been going on for so long.

did u see how fast naruto was?? It going to match which I can't afford to miss

• 1 month later...

Just began watching Ergo Proxy here. Series is over 8 years old, but I like the ambiance so far. Not sure that the plot will do much however. Dome city, androids, virus, a secretive group of rulers, and only one character with whom to connect.

Anyone got a recommendation for another dystopian sci-fi series?

• 4 weeks later...