Ligue Un Discussion Thread

BlueLion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not that anyone seems to care but :

Nominees for best Ligue 1 player this season :

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, striker - AS Saint Etienne (34 matches, 19 goals, 8 assists)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, striker - Paris Saint Germain (31 matches, 27 goals, 7 assists
Blaise Matuidi, defensive midfielder - Paris Saint Germain (34 matches, 4 goals)
Thiago Silva, centre back - Paris Saint Germain (22 matches)

Young player of the season :

Marco Verratti, midfielder - Paris Saint Germain (26 matches, 0 goals, 3 assists)
Lucas Digne, left back - Lille OSC (30 matches, 2 goals, 2 assists)
Florian Thauvin, offensive midfielder - SC Bastia (30 matches, 10 goals, 2 assists)
Rémy Cabella, offensive midfielder - Montpellier HSC (28 matches, 7 goals, 5 assists)

Goalkeeper of the season :

Mickael Landreau - Lille OSC and SC Bastia
Salvatore Sirigu - Paris Saint Germain
Stephane Ruffier - AS Saint Etienne
Steve Mandanda - Olympique de Marseille

Coach of the season :

Elie Baup - Olympique de Marseille
Claude Puel - OGC Nice
Carlo Ancelotti - Paris Saint Germain
Christophe Galtier - AS Saint Etienne

What it will probably be :
Ibra - Thauvin - Sirigu - Galtier or Ancelotti

What i would choose :

Matuidi - Digne - Ruffier - Puel

i have to say ligue 1 is better than liga do brasil. i do rate the brazillian league quite highly and there are some good sides like miniero , fluminense ect. but the top teams in france are better.

That is your opinion and you have every right to think that way, I just disagree!

In order of quality:

1. PSG

2. Atletico Mineiro, Fluminense and Corinthians

3. OM, Lyon and Lille

4. Sao Paulo, Internacional, Gremio, Cruzeiro and Botafogo

3. Rest of Ligue 1

4. Rest of Brasileirao

In other words: PSG would win, top Brazilian teams would complete the rest of a top4, but the bottom half of Brazil is very shit compared to rest of Ligue 1.

Meaning that one isnt better than the other, about the same level of quality! (IMO)

That is your opinion and you have every right to think that way, I just disagree!

In order of quality:

1. PSG

2. Atletico Mineiro, Fluminense and Corinthians

3. OM, Lyon and Lille

4. Sao Paulo, Internacional, Gremio, Cruzeiro and Botafogo

3. Rest of Ligue 1

4. Rest of Brasileirao

In other words: PSG would win, top Brazilian teams would complete the rest of a top4, but the bottom half of Brazil is very shit compared to rest of Ligue 1.

Meaning that one isnt better than the other, about the same level of quality! (IMO)

yeah there isnt much between them. people do underrate the south american leagues too much

• 1 month later...

U20 world champion Lucas Digne signed a 5 years contrat wth PSG (15m €) today.

I'm so fucking annoyed by my board. The last gem from our youth academy, gone at 19 years old, while our president claimed no less than a week ago that we are financially balanced and in no need for cash right now.

And first choice of Lucas Digne was to stay at least one more year in the club that made him what he is now : the LOSC, who did not hesitate to push him away first chance they got to cash in a big check.

It's a deep blow to my supporter's heart. I will need time to get over this :cry: