test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueLion.

Ligue Un Discussion Thread

Started by BlueLion.,

255 posts in this topic

Relief for Carlo at PSG. And perhaps it was a good time for them to play Lille after they went through 120 minutes of football last week.

Just listened to the start of David Beckhams press conference at PSG -not one question about football for the first three questions, and then ''Why did you choose PSG ?''

Usual bollocks about being honoured and priviliged, greatest club etc (in a slight French accent ala Barton :D ).

I am sure the Qatari owners are very pleased that they have a plaything and they can boast to their wives that they signed Beckham and the product will sell loads of shirts, have a midfield dynamo with loads of stamina

Still, fair play to the squeaky voiced anorexic shagger, hes giving his salary to a childrens charidee

I was pretty surprised to see him go there and giving up on his salary in particular. Lots of respect for him now.

Not that anyone seems to care but :

Nominees for best Ligue 1 player this season :

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, striker - AS Saint Etienne (34 matches, 19 goals, 8 assists)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, striker - Paris Saint Germain (31 matches, 27 goals, 7 assists
Blaise Matuidi, defensive midfielder - Paris Saint Germain (34 matches, 4 goals)
Thiago Silva, centre back - Paris Saint Germain (22 matches)

Young player of the season :

Marco Verratti, midfielder - Paris Saint Germain (26 matches, 0 goals, 3 assists)
Lucas Digne, left back - Lille OSC (30 matches, 2 goals, 2 assists)
Florian Thauvin, offensive midfielder - SC Bastia (30 matches, 10 goals, 2 assists)
Rémy Cabella, offensive midfielder - Montpellier HSC (28 matches, 7 goals, 5 assists)

Goalkeeper of the season :

Mickael Landreau - Lille OSC and SC Bastia
Salvatore Sirigu - Paris Saint Germain
Stephane Ruffier - AS Saint Etienne
Steve Mandanda - Olympique de Marseille

Coach of the season :

Elie Baup - Olympique de Marseille
Claude Puel - OGC Nice
Carlo Ancelotti - Paris Saint Germain
Christophe Galtier - AS Saint Etienne

What it will probably be :
Ibra - Thauvin - Sirigu - Galtier or Ancelotti

What i would choose :

Matuidi - Digne - Ruffier - Puel

i have to say ligue 1 is better than liga do brasil. i do rate the brazillian league quite highly and there are some good sides like miniero , fluminense ect. but the top teams in france are better.

That is your opinion and you have every right to think that way, I just disagree!

In order of quality:

1. PSG

2. Atletico Mineiro, Fluminense and Corinthians

3. OM, Lyon and Lille

4. Sao Paulo, Internacional, Gremio, Cruzeiro and Botafogo

3. Rest of Ligue 1

4. Rest of Brasileirao

In other words: PSG would win, top Brazilian teams would complete the rest of a top4, but the bottom half of Brazil is very shit compared to rest of Ligue 1.

Meaning that one isnt better than the other, about the same level of quality! (IMO)

That is your opinion and you have every right to think that way, I just disagree!

In order of quality:

1. PSG

2. Atletico Mineiro, Fluminense and Corinthians

3. OM, Lyon and Lille

4. Sao Paulo, Internacional, Gremio, Cruzeiro and Botafogo

3. Rest of Ligue 1

4. Rest of Brasileirao

In other words: PSG would win, top Brazilian teams would complete the rest of a top4, but the bottom half of Brazil is very shit compared to rest of Ligue 1.

Meaning that one isnt better than the other, about the same level of quality! (IMO)

yeah there isnt much between them. people do underrate the south american leagues too much

Rmpr likes this

U20 world champion Lucas Digne signed a 5 years contrat wth PSG (15m €) today.

I'm so fucking annoyed by my board. The last gem from our youth academy, gone at 19 years old, while our president claimed no less than a week ago that we are financially balanced and in no need for cash right now.

And first choice of Lucas Digne was to stay at least one more year in the club that made him what he is now : the LOSC, who did not hesitate to push him away first chance they got to cash in a big check.

It's a deep blow to my supporter's heart. I will need time to get over this :cry: