Oscar

themightyblue

I only just realised this from reading another forum. I think Oscar is the most important member of our team for the style of football we ideally want to play.

Think back to both last season and the start of this season when he was playing well. Bloody hell we looked good didn't we? As long as Oscar was playing well so were we.

Is it a coincidence to think that the last great game we played so far was against Swansea when he netted twice? When his form dropped however, we started playing really turgid football and it wasn't as fluid as whenever he was on form.

Of course if we played a more counter attacking style like against City then he isn't required as much. But he is definitely an important piece of the Mourinho puzzle. I really wish he could be much more consistent because if he doesn't then we might need someone else who can fill that void.

When Oscar is on form, the team looks like a world beater. You can subsitute him for x, however, how do you guys know that x will supposedly play his role towards jose' liking and not get wiped out in the second half of the season?

Koke is a fantastic player as is Pogba, but, neither really can lead the press as well as Oscar. If this wasn't a Jose mourinho team, it would make sense, but, it is a jose team.

Watch Koke play for Spain and you can see the huge difference with Spain-Atletico. Pogba, I love as a player. Pretty much fantastic in everything outside of workrate/stamina. When your already labeled as world class, you think a player like Pogba is going to do dogwork like Oscar does without any defiance? One thing people take granted is Oscar pretty much sucked in his ego and played how Jose wanted and the team, not for himself. Those types of players, especially young knowned players are very difficult to find...

It isn't a coincidence at all. He's 10x the #10 Fabregas is.

^obvious troll is an obvious troll.

There's not trollish about that comment and stop pretending you even watch Atleti regularly outside the Champions League.

The usual suspects in here criticize Oscar was his supposed lack of flair, vision and dribbling ability but Koke is definitely Zidane right? Or is this just another case of the grass is greener on the other side syndrome.

sure dude.. koke is just marginally better than oscar.

go and say that to a pundit or some neutral and see what kind of a reply you get. :clown:

Well tbf pundits say all sorts of stuff. Off the top of my head Ivanovic is an easy example, they talk of him as if he is this unbeatable RB all the time when he has obvious deficiencies such as not closing down a winger or a likelihood of brain farts. (Don't get me wrong I still love him)

I do think Koke is a fantastic player but just not the kind we really need.

There's not trollish about that comment and stop pretending you even watch Atleti regularly outside the Champions League.

The usual suspects in here criticize Oscar was his supposed lack of flair, vision and dribbling ability but Koke is definitely Zidane right? Or is this just another case of the grass is greener on the other side syndrome.

I have wrotten a couple of posts since morning of the difference between koke and oscar. You should probably gove it a read.

I don't have to pretend that I watxh atm cos I actually do unlike majority on here whi are judging koke on last night.

You should guve it a try watchong atm without the oscar gogles on. Might see the massove dearth on class between those 2.

Also, could not u put it this way that the only people whi think koke is marginally bettet than oscar are the ones wearong the oscar goggles. I mean the guy is considered to be the best replacement for the likes of xavi/inoesta which is light years ahead of soneone who holds his place on chelsea's first team in front of willian only cpa the manager is hell bent on proving that this guy has the potential.

Its not that hard to see the reality if u stop trolling. But who am I talking to.. someone who called oscar a GOAT.. :lol:

Well tbf pundits say all sorts of stuff. Off the top of my head Ivanovic is an easy example, they talk of him as if he is this unbeatable RB all the time when he has obvious deficiencies such as not closing down a winger or a likelihood of brain farts. (Don't get me wrong I still love him)

I do think Koke is a fantastic player but just not the kind we really need.

yes, sometimes pundits do say weird things. But name one who has said mikel is a better DM than matic. Somethings are obvious and the differemce in class of oscar and koke is one of them.

Koke is clearly an average player. He has great workrate and a great cross on him but he's nothing special at all.Oscar obviously has the higher ceiling. Not sure why some of you are pretending he's the second coming of Iniesta or something.

Clearly? I don't think so. You're clearly a big Oscar fan and the fact that he has done fuck all from January on for the last 3 seasons tells me all i need to know, really.

IMO Oscar has higher ceiling than most people think here. But people will realise that only when he will play for PSG or somewhere else.

That said, currently Koke is better than Oscar in most aspects of game.

I have wrotten a couple of posts since morning of the difference between koke and oscar. You should probably gove it a read.

I don't have to pretend that I watxh atm cos I actually do unlike majority on here whi are judging koke on last night.

You should guve it a try watchong atm without the oscar gogles on. Might see the massove dearth on class between those 2.

Also, could not u put it this way that the only people whi think koke is marginally bettet than oscar are the ones wearong the oscar goggles. I mean the guy is considered to be the best replacement for the likes of xavi/inoesta which is light years ahead of soneone who holds his place on chelsea's first team in front of willian only cpa the manager is hell bent on proving that this guy has the potential.

Its not that hard to see the reality if u stop trolling. But who am I talking to.. someone who called oscar a GOAT.. :lol:

He rarely ever even plays in CM but he's supposedly a Xavi/Iniesta replacement? LOL. That's reserved for Thiago and Isco respectively.

Koke is way ahead of Oscar in terms of physical development and is more consistent but I see nothing in his game that makes me think he's streets ahead of Oscar like you keep suggesting. You keep repeating he's miles ahead because pundits claim so, as if that's supposed to make me change my opinion.

Koke is a good player but he's more of a workhorse than this unheralded genius you keep insinuating he is. Excellent set piece taker & crosser but again, there's nothing in his game Oscar should be overly envious of. I'd rather have Oscar in my team because he has more potential.

Biggest troll lately.

I'm a troll because I have the audacity to support one of our players that receives OTT vitriolic abuse from his own fans? How about you put up a decent rebuttal as to why Koke is miles ahead of Oscar instead of clogging up this thread with even more nonsense.

He rarely ever even plays in CM but he's supposedly a Xavi/Iniesta replacement? LOL. That's reserved for Thiago and Isco respectively.

Koke is way ahead of Oscar in terms of physical development and is more consistent but I see nothing in his game that makes me think he's streets ahead of Oscar like you keep suggesting. You keep repeating he's miles ahead because pundits claim so, as if that's supposed to make me change my opinion.

Koke is a good player but he's more of a workhorse than this unheralded genius you keep insinuating he is. Excellent set piece taker & crosser but again, there's nothing in his game Oscar should be overly envious of. I'd rather have Oscar in my team because he has more potential.

POTENTIAL??? what potential is this that you keep talking about?

potential to give away the ball every second touch? or unable to make a 5 yard pass? i have been watching the same thing for the past 3 years, and sorry to say, i dont see anything bright or worthwhile to give his so called potential another year to bring the club down.

this is so weird, but are u sure u r watching the right koke. when i see him, he has great ball control, one touch passing, link up play, control of midfield along with his defensive prowess which makes him the perfect candidate as a xavi/iniesta replacement in barca or a DLP for us. his crosses and set pieces are plus not his USP

POTENTIAL??? what potential is this that you keep talking about?

potential to give away the ball every second touch? or unable to make a 5 yard pass? i have been watching the same thing for the past 3 years, and sorry to say, i dont see anything bright or worthwhile to give his so called potential another year to bring the club down.

this is so weird, but are u sure u r watching the right koke. when i see him, he has great ball control, one touch passing, link up play, control of midfield along with his defensive prowess which makes him the perfect candidate as a xavi/iniesta replacement in barca or a DLP for us. his crosses and set pieces are plus not his USP

give away the ball every second touch??? Unable to make a 5 yard pass??? :lol: either you dont watch Oscar play much or your just talking shit as always.

This thread is fucking hilarious. :lol:

Our most important player, Koke only marginally better, the reason for our early form.

and dont forget the other side of it

Oscar cant make a five yard pass, Oscar has no ball control, Oscar doesnt put in any effort :rolleyes:

People forget how important Oscar was in the 1st half of the season. He's had an awful 2nd half but he's still a great player. We can't keep selling people if they don't perform in a handful of games. Look how good Mata looks now