test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Oscar

Started by BlueLion.,

12,586 posts in this topic
40 minutes ago, Tomo said:

oscar is expected to earn £350,000-a-week and set to become the third highest paid footballer in the world (ronaldo first messi second)

God if an average player like Oscar can earn that much money I should've tried to become a pro footballer and changed my nationality and name to a Brazilian one.

Insane deal. Kante cost us less than half of this £60m fee.

I generally don't like the "He's got to go..." etc. stuff that happens in modern football (ie. loyalty is a one way street).  But, for that kind of money...Christ, I don't even know what to say.  Wrap him up in cotton, make sure nothing happens to him.  This deal going through would be amazing.

2 x Kante for 1 Oscar?  Okay.  

AVB was a big Mikel fan too...

5 hours ago, lucashm said:

Good news guys, he just gave an interview to Globoesporte ( Brazil´s biggest sporting media outlet) that his transfer to China is 90% complete, and that only a few bureaucratic issues are missing, so there you go, another 80M euros in the bank, straight from the Lions mouth

Can you find a source for this?

9 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

1st of January to 26th of February. 

We are going have to wrap Oscar in bubble wrap  till 1st of January we can't  have him getting  injured :D

I know hes not lived up to the potential we hoped but the lads showed moments of pure genius that I thank him for..

His/OUR problem is/was that there just wasn't enough of them.

I dont hate the guy but  just like Mikel/RLC/Iva theyre just collecting dust and need upgrading.

This thread tho is reminding me of Luiz's. Just take a few minutes and take a looksee at some of the hate posts made about him at the time he was leaving!.

Amazing how things change eh!

pHaRaOn and blues.bridge like this

55 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I know hes not lived up to the potential we hoped but the lads showed moments of pure genius that I thank him for..

His/OUR problem is/was that there just wasn't enough of them.

I dont hate the guy but  just like Mikel/RLC/Iva theyre just collecting dust and need upgrading.

This thread tho is reminding me of Luiz's. Just take a few minutes and take a looksee at some of the hate posts made about him at the time he was leaving!.

Amazing how things change eh!

I was happy when Luiz got sold. I do however believe that there is a difference between the situations. Luiz had clear ability, and a passing range/technique rarely found in central defenders. There were games where he was pure steel in the back, while pinging accurate balls around the pitch. Unfortunately, he also showed a strong tendency to lose his head/focus, and negatively impact a game a bit too often. He played with us for several years, and that tendency did not disappear, so I simply assumed it something he would retain.

Indeed, you can still see it when he plays today, such as when Spurs scored against us lately. For the amount of money offered, selling him was the right choice. The difference to me when comparing with Oscar, is that Luiz only needed to improve his concentration and decision making. If he managed that, he was a world-class defender. Whether it is Conte, his years in Paris, the new formation or whatever, it seems that he has improved enough in those two aspects to be at the very least close to world class. 
For Oscar, I can not say that he is amazing in some regards but just shy of some characteristics to become world-class. He is good at passing, he is strong for his size, he works hard and has a nice shot in him. However, he is not an amazing at any of those areas while also being slow, rarely beating his man and being inconsistent. There is simply too many areas where he is lacking, and some of them are related to what kind of a player he is. He is a Mata that is better defensively, but worse attacking-wise in almost every sense. At best I would put him in a team like Everton, but even then its barely. 

He is average, and I do not see him ever justifying such a transaction fee purely on ability for a team in Europe. The money can be put to much better use, it is an incredible deal for us.