test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Oscar

Started by BlueLion.,

12,585 posts in this topic

Oscar stuck between CM and ACM. He definitely upgrades with Conte but he's not a good match with Matic because both going too forward and going back to deep.

The problem with Oscar, in my opinion, is that due to being slow and not possessing the ability to beat a man, he would need a range of passing at the level of Fabregas to be worth his spot in the starting lineup. Sure, sometimes he plays a killer pass, but he is far to inconsistent at it. When Mata or Fabregas has played, CFC has shown a tendency to score more, but when we rely on the creativity from the likes of Oscar and Matic then our gameplan is to pressure the other team into mistakes, not to score from our own ability (as a team). 

With Matic and Kante, I think we could afford a player with more flair in front of them. Fabregas is not at his best there, so I dont think he is the answer. We would need a tenacious and creative player who can play as either an advanced CM, or a 10. I honestly cant come up with one that would be a good alternative right now. Perhaps the club couldnt either. I am just tired of CFC for the last few seasons forcing mediocre players on the pitch just because we have no alternatives. I am happy with Costa, Bats, Hazard, Kante, Zouma, Luiz, Azpili, Courtois and possibly Alonso, but the rest are either squad players or just inadequate at the level CFC wants to reach. 

DDA likes this

He sure was quick to tweet his excitement for a team Brazil call up right after that loss. He wants to emulate Lampard and isn't fit to tie Lamp's shoes. He's better fitted for Serie A. 

The one game where I think Oscar would have been important - his aggression and work rate - and we start dead beat fabregas because oh his performance midweek against Leicester reserves...

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Oscar, 25, could leave the club in January, with AC Milan interested in signing the Brazil international. (Talksport)

That would be great news...

Muzchap likes this

7 hours ago, Kieran. said:

What happened to Oscar? Seen a couple CFC players giving him a shout out along with Willian to "stay strong"

Something family related 

Oscar needs to go hes not a winger and he doesn't fit in the 3-4-3 formation I hope a Chinese club comes in with a crazy bid for him 

4 hours ago, the wes said:

Oscar needs to go hes not a winger and he doesn't fit in the 3-4-3 formation I hope a Chinese club comes in with a crazy bid for him 

I think the number 10 role or Cm is the last chance saloon for Oscar, agree he is becoming a expensive player who isn't consistent enough to be here for the long term unless Conte&co can sort it out.