Oscar

themightyblue

Ramires has done far more for Chelsea than Oscar ever as. the disrespect of the former is quite shameful. He was the players player of the year in 2012 and many thought should have won the chelsea POTY that year instead of Mata. he was also quite instrumental in our CL win and has performed consistently well for us bar his first couple of months here and 2nd part of last season. He has proven to be a much more reliable and valuable asset for the team than Oscar. If it came down to it, there's no logical reason to keep oscar at the expense of ramires.

in layman's term I will sell Oscar before i ever consider selling ramires.

No shit Ramires has done more for us, because he's 3 and a half years older and has been here for 2 years longer! And please do enlighten me as to who exactly was 'disrespecting' Ramires?

maybe you could be right, because we never know what is his 'problem' actually (physical condition, sickness, his minds, etc). But for sure he is not getting regular playing time, and that didn't help him at all. As I wrote in my 3rd paragraph, I think it is almost sure because Jose preferred another system when playing particular opponents (big teams away), to get the points. Jose could stubbornly played Oscar in 4231 formation in every match, and I think we will get 'Tottenham away score' when playing City away, Liverpool away for example.

Please, Oscar has clocked nearly 2000 minutes this season, he's played regularly enough.

The Mo Salah analogy is poor, I doubt Salah even got 2000 minutes in his whole CFC career.

Please, Oscar has clocked nearly 2000 minutes this season, he's played regularly enough.

The Mo Salah analogy is poor, I doubt Salah even got 2000 minutes in his whole CFC career.

Where do you get that minutes from? how it is compared with other starter players?

My point is that when away he is not very often playing, if he is given enough time also while playing away, his goals and assist tally will be much better, but the risks is we could lose some matches, because our attacking formation leaves holes here and there. You choose.

Where do you get that minutes from? how it is compared with other starter players?

My point is that when away he is not very often playing, if he is given enough time also while playing away, his goals and assist tally will be much better, but the risks is we could lose some matches, because our attacking formation leaves holes here and there. You choose.

Because in those games we can only afford one of Oscar and Cesc and Cesc should always play since he only need one pass to decide a game. Oscar did play some of those games and we've seen what happened against United and Spurs away. Our midfield got completely dominated.

Can you link me?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_%28footballer,_born_1991%29

Read the Chelsea section.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/10/16/6968855/chelsea-ffp-database

His amortized fee is 6.5m meaning his salary for a 5yr contract and transfer fee combined is averaged to be 6.5 total. If he was purchased for 25m his salary makes him grossly underpaid.

Because in those games we can only afford one of Oscar and Cesc and Cesc should always play since he only need one pass to decide a game. Oscar did play some of those games and we've seen what happened against United and Spurs away. Our midfield got completely dominated.

Yes, it has been discussed though, it is the system preferred by Jose, he doesn't want to take a risk by putting offensive formation to make sure grab some points in certain matches. So I completely understand the decision to dropped Oscar.

If Mou can't trust him in big games...

who on earth said Mourinho doesnt trust him in big games??? he started against Man City at Home, Liverpool at Home in the coc and away in the pL, Spurs home and away and Man United away. so please explain how Mourinho doesnt trust him in big games?

Fact is in the games where Mourinho wants to play 4-3-3 of course the number 10 would get dropped for an extra Midfielder, usually Ramires or Mikel. So i have no idea where you think Jose doesnt trust him from.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_%28footballer,_born_1991%29

Read the Chelsea section.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/10/16/6968855/chelsea-ffp-database

His amortized fee is 6.5m meaning his salary for a 5yr contract and transfer fee combined is averaged to be 6.5 total. If he was purchased for 25m his salary makes him grossly underpaid.

I'm not going to take Wikipedia or WAGNH over BBC, The Telegraph, Reuters, The Guardian etc.

Minutes are from whoscored.com.

Well, any player will struggle to show his best if they're not playing weeks in weeks out. He is play today, dropped next match, play again next, dropped again, dropped again, play again.

See how Salah doing at Fio, weaker league aside? that's what you get from playing regularly.

So unfortunate for Oscar, against particular opponents, Jose prefer more a system that doesn't need Oscar style of play. I don't have a complain though as it is for the team first what is most important.

Also in addition, he just signed the extension for 5 more year not long time ago, so whether you have to 'accept' that he will be stick around for a while now, or you will be 'forced dying to accept' that later

i swore to myself that i would not write in this thread until the end of season (and i have not for some matches).

but dude, this is just wrong. what exactly do you expect jose to do? put oscar and salah's private form and troubles first and foremost before the whole team. if oscar is not playing regularly (RIGHT NOW), its cos we have had a line of "big" games and he simply does not cut it to be in our first 11. end of. i dont understand why jose would not play him against spurs if he was good enough to start a match of that pressure for us.

also, how can you say he has not got minutes.

oscar has played a total of 2375 minutes (http://www.transfermarkt.com/oscar/profil/spieler/85314), which is a LOT. simple conclusion, he has not been good enough.or at the least, please dont argue with lack of gametime that is just not true.

i swore to myself that i would not write in this thread until the end of season (and i have not for some matches).

but dude, this is just wrong. what exactly do you expect jose to do? put oscar and salah's private form and troubles first and foremost before the whole team. if oscar is not playing regularly (RIGHT NOW), its cos we have had a line of "big" games and he simply does not cut it to be in our first 11. end of. i dont understand why jose would not play him against spurs if he was good enough to start a match of that pressure for us.

also, how can you say he has not got minutes.

oscar has played a total of 2375 minutes (http://www.transfermarkt.com/oscar/profil/spieler/85314), which is a LOT. simple conclusion, he has not been good enough.or at the least, please dont argue with lack of gametime that is just not true.

Okay, if you guys think he is having enough playing time, then he is still one of our important player then. Also he has a good goal and assist ratio. So basically what the fussed is all about?

Every player having an off days, Hazard, Fabregas, Matic, Costa. I am personally think in several games they're all invisible, or in strong words 'they're shit' too. The same applied with Oscar. Why Oscar have a different treatment? So it is between you hate Oscar personally or having double standard in this case. I'm still stick with the assumption it is all about the system Jose preferred, Oscar not playing in away games.

And then when Oscar having one bad game despite scoring or assisting, woo people asking for his head. When he is not playing, woo he is not good enough. When he is playing, woo how come this man playing, we're all doomed, Coutinho this better, Coutinho that better. Basically everything he do is all wrong, despite scoring or assisting, in front of some peoples. Positive minded mate, don't be negative all the time about this fella.

Okay, if you guys think he is having enough playing time, then he is still one of our important player then. Also he has a good goal and assist ratio. So basically what the fussed is all about?

Every player having an off days, Hazard, Fabregas, Matic, Costa. I am personally think in several games they're all invisible, or in strong words 'they're shit' too. The same applied with Oscar. Why Oscar have a different treatment? So it is between you hate Oscar personally or having double standard in this case. I'm still stick with the assumption it is all about the system Jose preferred, Oscar not playing in away games.

And then when Oscar having one bad game despite scoring or assisting, woo people asking for his head. When he is not playing, woo he is not good enough. When he is playing, woo how come this man playing, we're all doomed, Coutinho this better, Coutinho that better. Basically everything he do is all wrong, despite scoring or assisting, in front of some peoples. Positive minded mate, don't be negative all the time about this fella.

You can't compare Hazard, Fabregas, Matic and Costa with Oscar or any other player because they are our best players. They are better than Oscar, more consistent, they are better in everything.

The numbers of Oscar in terms of goals and asssits right now are OK, his performances are not. At the end of the season it seams that both aren't going to be OK like last season.

You all said that Ozil was horrible in Arsenal, anyway for all of you that like a lot statistics, Ozil comtributed with more goals+assists in last season than Oscar, playing out of position and in less 100 minutes than Oscar. This season posiblly he will do it again even having a major injury.

This is for example the guy that was taged as a failure.

If at the end of the day we conclude that Silva is better than Oscar, Ozil is better than Oscar, Cazorla is better than Oscar, maybe Coutinho is better than Oscar, we have a problem because we just have 1 number 10 and he is not a great player and many of our rivales have or can have without many effort a better player than Oscar.

You can't compare Hazard, Fabregas, Matic and Costa with Oscar or any other player because they are our best players. They are better than Oscar, more consistent, they are better in everything.

The numbers of Oscar in terms of goals and asssits right now are OK, his performances are not. At the end of the season it seams that both aren't going to be OK like last season.

You all said that Ozil was horrible in Arsenal, anyway for all of you that like a lot statistics, Ozil comtributed with more goals+assists in last season than Oscar, playing out of position and in less 100 minutes than Oscar. This season posiblly he will do it again even having a major injury.

This is for example the guy that was taged as a failure.

If at the end of the day we conclude that Silva is better than Oscar, Ozil is better than Oscar, Cazorla is better than Oscar, maybe Coutinho is better than Oscar, we have a problem because we just have 1 number 10 and he is not a great player and many of our rivales have or can have without many effort a better player than Oscar.

Well, I am comparing the treatment the players get, not try to compare this player is better than that player in terms of skill, technique etc. Okay about consistency is debatable, but how can you compare one player is better everything than other when they're barely played at the same position?

What you mentioned next is a different topic, as I believe it has been discussed couple of months ago. Personally, I don't care about his overall performance as long as he is still giving an important contribution on the field by scoring or assisting. I prefer this kind of player, being shit but did that, than having player doing okay performance in almost every game he played, but ended up only score or assist below 5 at the end of season.

About every other no 10 comparison, my response will be in one sentence. Ozil is 26, Silva is 29, Cazorla is 30.

We could buy a 'ready' no. 10 with a hope of much better performance. But Oscar was here before Jose coming back, he is the reason we sold Mata, Jose likes him, Jose gave him the extension, Jose still preferred a system without traditional offensive freedom no 10 when playing big games, we all think about the future.

2375 minutes for 15 goals/assists at about 160 minutes for a goal/assist is not a return that we should be bragging about. he was supposed to be our no.1 no.10 and his return is good at best. and if you consider his "PERFORMANCES" and his ability to not be able to hold the ball under any pressure + his ability to misplace a 5 yard pass with an accuracy which makes ramires proud of + his inconsistency, it makes for a massive argument against him.

really? comparing oscar with matic/hazard/cesc/costa. our 4 best players of this season. and then you ask why some of us are so hard on oscar. i am not even going to waste my time trying to measure up oscar to any of them.

ONE BAD GAME!!!!! hahahahhaha... i am out. this is just not worth it. i was better when spending my time in players' thread who were actually doing something which was benifitting us.

ps - give me a single post of mine saying coutinho is better.

2375 minutes for 15 goals/assists at about 160 minutes for a goal/assist is not a return that we should be bragging about. he was supposed to be our no.1 no.10 and his return is good at best. and if you consider his "PERFORMANCES" and his ability to not be able to hold the ball under any pressure + his ability to misplace a 5 yard pass with an accuracy which makes ramires proud of + his inconsistency, it makes for a massive argument against him.

really? comparing oscar with matic/hazard/cesc/costa. our 4 best players of this season. and then you ask why some of us are so hard on oscar. i am not even going to waste my time trying to measure up oscar to any of them.

ONE BAD GAME!!!!! hahahahhaha... i am out. this is just not worth it. i was better when spending my time in players' thread who were actually doing something which was benifitting us.

ps - give me a single post of mine saying coutinho is better.

All the players having a lot of off days in several occasions. Including all the player I mentioned, including Oscar, not just once obviously. Again I don't care about his performance, all I care is contribution, and Oscar not too far behind from other teams no 10 contributions in England.

The Coutinho part is not for you. I am mocking the Coutinho worshippers in here.

All the players having a lot of off days in several occasions. Including all the player I mentioned, including Oscar, not just once obviously. Again I don't care about his performance, all I care is contribution, and Oscar not too far behind from other teams no 10 contributions in England.

The Coutinho part is not for you. I am mocking the Coutinho worshippers in here.

all other no.10s in england. is that an elite bunch? PL has been screwed over and over and over again in europe in the past 3/4 seasons. you want CFC players to have that standard.

how many off days has matic had? how many has hazard had?

case in point

cesc - 4 goals, 20 assists - 2866 minutes - 120 minutes/goalosassist

costa - 17 goals, 3 assists - 2412 minutes - 120 minutes/goal or assist

hazard - 13 goals, 13 assists - 3236 minutes - 125 minutes/goal or assist.

even in stats these players are much better than oscar. and by the way, YOU dont care about performances, most of us do. a player can not score a goal/assist and still be a massive asset to the team - costa against liverpool carling cup semi, where he made a complete nuisance of himself throughout the match and kept their defence busy. on the other hand, some of oscar's performances this season have been painful to watch (to say the least). he has not just had a couple of off days like the players you mentioned above but he has had an off season for me and thats the difference