Oscar

themightyblue

Not sure why people keep on thinking PSG will bid for Oscar when he hasn't shown any brilliance on a consistent basis to attract them or any other club for that matter. At this point, we'll be lucky to even have a big club wanting to buy Oscar for a good amount of money.

Maybe but how long more can we really be patient with him though? Think this is like the third year in a row where he's showing signs of tailing off in the second half of the season and not to mention, he's not shown any consistency in his performances throughout the campaign.

Mou should do it with Cesc too: Give them a week off, that usually sets back fatigue.

Having said that though, when William has played #10 I've been impressed. If we were to sell him to buy another Cesc-style midfielder I'd say he's not untouchable anymore.

Although if we did that would leave our AMs quite depleted. We only have 3 wingers for 2 places, and, I think another 3 for CAM? 4 if you include RLC but like Cesc, he is really a CM.

Hmm. Tbh though, unless Real want to get rid of Isco... I don't really see many midfielders that are really much better overall, especially if you want Cesc in the team the 10 has to overlap him. Serie A has made Salah look good, don't forget.

That didn't stop them buying Luiz! In fairness though he was (apart from the OG) very good in the two legs against them and especially excellent in the second one. Maybe if Oscar plays well against them then they'll be interested... In fact didn't Oscar say he had talks with them in the summer? Probably because he hit the crossbar from that FK! 'Twas a nice strike.

You can't be serious in suggesting PSG only bought Luiz because of his performances against them in the Champions League?

Mou should do it with Cesc too: Give them a week off, that usually sets back fatigue.

Having said that though, when William has played #10 I've been impressed. If we were to sell him to buy another Cesc-style midfielder I'd say he's not untouchable anymore.

Although if we did that would leave our AMs quite depleted. We only have 3 wingers for 2 places, and, I think another 3 for CAM? 4 if you include RLC but like Cesc, he is really a CM.

Hmm. Tbh though, unless Real want to get rid of Isco... I don't really see many midfielders that are really much better overall, especially if you want Cesc in the team the 10 has to overlap him. Serie A has made Salah look good, don't forget.

If we need another player like Fabregas or an attacking midfielder, we could look at Gundogan or Pjanic.

Not sure what you find so outrageous. Take Salah for example. You're kidding yourself if you think we didn't buy him based on his performances (and goals) for Basel against us.

I'm finding it ridiculous that you're suggesting the sole reason we bought those players was because of their performances against us and PSG buying Luiz for the same reason.

Luiz wasn't even a guaranteed starter for us last season and didn't exactly have a fantastic season and they still paid a record price for him. They clearly like buying super marketable players and really wanted the Brazilian national team defensive partnership. Not outrageous to assume that they'd also be interested in Brazil's second best attacking player.

Luiz wasn't even a guaranteed starter for us last season and didn't exactly have a fantastic season and they still paid a record price for him. They clearly like buying super marketable players and really wanted the Brazilian national team defensive partnership. Not outrageous to assume that they'd also be interested in Brazil's second best attacking player.

Luiz's brainfart moments aside, he clearly got his qualities and we enjoyed tons of them during his time here. It's no surprise that a big club wanted him, just maybe not for the money PSG paid for him.

I'm finding it ridiculous that you're suggesting the sole reason we bought those players was because of their performances against us and PSG buying Luiz for the same reason.

It would obviously not have been the sole reason but it is not so outrageous to think that the PSG board were watching their CL tie versus us with very close attention and happened to be very impressed by Luiz's performances (I know I was). That could have been the cause of their interest. And we would never have bought Salah if he didn't play well against us! I'm surprised you find that so hard to believe.

It would obviously not have been the sole reason but it is not so outrageous to think that the PSG board were watching their CL tie versus us with very close attention and happened to be very impressed by Luiz's performances (I know I was). And that could have been the cause of their interest. And we would never have bought Salah if he didn't play well against us! I'm surprised you find that so hard to believe.

Of course it's hard to believe when you're ridiculously suggesting we only bought Salah because of his performances against us, as though you have proof to say we hadn't scouted him before that and were interested in buying him. I could easily turn around and say, we were interested in Salah and went out to buy him because Liverpool nearly signed him. Otherwise, we would have scouted him for a little while longer and maybe purchase him 1-2 years down the road.

Luiz's brainfart moments aside, he clearly got his qualities and we enjoyed tons of them during his time here. It's no surprise that a big club wanted him, just maybe not for the money PSG paid for him.

True. I just hope that José doesn't think of Oscar as an untouchable. That no matter how poor and inconsistent he is there's no way he goes.

If he has a subpar remainder of the season then we should be shopping him around.

True. I just hope that José doesn't think of Oscar as an untouchable. That no matter how poor and inconsistent he is there's no way he goes. If he has a subpar remainder of the season then we should be shopping him around.
There was an article in the Daily Fail about Jose's 6 untouchables yesterday - Ivanovic, Terry, Matic, Cesc, Hazard and Costa. I think that's about right, and Oscar is regularly dropped for big away games so he definitely isn't one. If a good offer came in for him I think we'd let him go.

Something is off with Oscar as he is clearly not as fit as he was At the start of the season.

Not even talking about assists or creativity but workrate itself - he used to do more and used to actually enjoy himself in those big away matches.

Once again we will not get the info - not the type of stuff clubs will disclose as it may give a competitive advantage to the opposition.

I don't really understand the knocking of Oscar's performance yesterday, I actually thought he was quite good. He made some important contributions going forward, especially in the first half. His second half was poor, but it was his first full game back from injury so he was bound to drop off.

His ball control on first touch was well above his normal standard, and he gave the ball away no more than Hazard and Luis who were our two best on the day.

I don't really understand the knocking of Oscar's performance yesterday, I actually thought he was quite good. He made some important contributions going forward, especially in the first half. His second half was poor, but it was his first full game back from injury so he was bound to drop off.

His ball control on first touch was well above his normal standard, and he gave the ball away no more than Hazard and Luis who were our two best on the day.

Agreed

He was only behind hazard up front. Fab and costa were well below their normal.

This is when having a small squad may hurt us.