Oscar

themightyblue

Going into this final part of the season this is what JM will be looking at, for me. Who can play that 10 role and bring the utmost confidence to this team playing there.

Oscar is having a tough time for me, whilst Willian hasn't been pulling up trees.......For me Mourinho has a tough choice and Willian edges it.

Mou has a soft spot for Oscar though.

Going into this final part of the season this is what JM will be looking at, for me. Who can play that 10 role and bring the utmost confidence to this team playing there.

Oscar is having a tough time for me, whilst Willian hasn't been pulling up trees.......For me Mourinho has a tough choice and Willian edges it.

The amount of goals Oscar contributed the last two months in addition to chances created and link up with Hazard, Cesc and Costa is probably more than Willian's two seasons here, so I have no idea what edge you're talking about. Both disappear in way too many games, but Oscar at least offers goals and assists whereas Willian offers literally nothing to our attack...

Would anyone be truly upset if we cashed in on Oscar for big money (£35m +) and replaced him with a genuine, creative, natural #10? Do you think we have enough hard working, industrious players in the team already that we can afford a more attack minded player there?

It's tough for me. I really, really like Oscar and know he's capable of so much more but how long is it going to take? He's got the odd fantastic match in him but goes missing far too often for a player in such an important position for a top team.

The problem (if you can call it that) with potentially getting rid of him is that we have Cesc in the middle of the pitch who, let's be honest, isn't the quickest or most athletic. If we had a prototypical #10 in place of Oscar it could leave Cesc too exposed and as we've seen quite a few times this season, athletic or pacey players can run by him quite easily. He benefits from Oscar harassing and pressing players defensively and allowing him more space offensively.

Would we be a worse side if we replaced Oscar with say an Eriksen or Mata ( :( ) type? I sort of think José would feel we would be and hence Oscar won't be sold any time soon.

The amount of goals Oscar contributed the last two months in addition to chances created and link up with Hazard, Cesc and Costa is probably more than Willian's two seasons here, so I have no idea what edge you're talking about. Both disappear in way too many games, but Oscar at least offers goals and assists whereas Willian thing literally nothing to our attack...

The issue is that Oscar's best performances have come against mid-table to relegation threatened EPL teams....he hasn't scored or assisted a single goal against a top 6 side this season

Against the big teams, I would love to see: Hazard -- Willian -- Cuadrado

Would anyone be truly upset if we cashed in on Oscar for big money (£35m +) and replaced him with a genuine, creative, natural #10? Do you think we have enough hard working, industrious players in the team already that we can afford a more attack minded player there?

It's tough for me. I really, really like Oscar and know he's capable of so much more but how long is it going to take? He's got the odd fantastic match in him but goes missing far too often for a player in such an important position for a top team.

The problem (if you can call it that) with potentially getting rid of him is that we have Cesc in the middle of the pitch who, let's be honest, isn't the quickest or most athletic. If we had a prototypical #10 in place of Oscar it could leave Cesc too exposed and as we've seen quite a few times this season, athletic or pacey players can run by him quite easily. He benefits from Oscar harassing and pressing players defensively and allowing him more space offensively.

Would we be a worse side if we replaced Oscar with say an Eriksen or Mata ( :( ) type? I sort of think José would feel we would be and hence Oscar won't be sold any time soon.

I don't think we need a natural #10...I'd rather invest that money into the CB position and sign a class defender capable of filling the gap left by JT

The issue is that Oscar's best performances have come against mid-table to relegation threatened EPL teams....he hasn't scored or assisted a single goal against a top 6 side this season

Yes, the grass is always greener...

If the coach had started this guy...

Had we had this fellow...

thats always true until they play and aren't that different from the ones they replace

Right now I'd plonk Coutinho right in there ahead of Oscar without even thinking about it. Coutinho is fucking brilliant

Eh, I disagree. Tidy little player who's fun to watch but I couldnt see him working in our team.

Eriksen I'd have, though. If Özil hadn't gone to Arse I'm sure he'd love to work with José again. In fact, if you asked Özil himself privately and off the record he'd say he'd join us in a heartbeat.

Right now I'd plonk Coutinho right in there ahead of Oscar without even thinking about it. Coutinho is fucking brilliant

To be fair, since their 2-2 draw against Arsenal (21-12-14)...Coutinho has been their best player and he seems to be switched on

Nobody in Brazil thinks he's brilliant, nobody complained about his absence in the WC, so except Liverpool fans and now you I know no one that thinks he's brilliant. Odd

Eh, I disagree. Tidy little player who's fun to watch but I couldnt see him working in our team.

Eriksen I'd have, though. If Özil hadn't gone to Arse I'm sure he'd love to work with José again. In fact, if you asked Özil himself privately and off the record he'd say he'd join us in a heartbeat.

Not a fan of Ozil either. Comes down to opinions and all that but I like Eriksen too. Right now the best #10 around is Coutinho for me

Still better than Willian, who has only scored 1 and assisted 1 in the league this season and they both came against Aston Villa! :doh: