Oscar

themightyblue

Big teams press us more, Oscar is the worst of our attacking midfielders under pressure. He clearly suffers and ends up losing the ball a lot under pressure. Maybe he can improve, he's still has years ahead of him, comparing how Carzola could control the ball under city pressure and oscar in big matches you see a huge difference. Hopefully cuadrado is better than him in tight spaces and under pressure.

Carzola is at the end of his development at 30 years old Oscar is 23 and when Santi was that age no one here knew of him.. Younger players need time and patience to develop .. We have the same members that want Oscar replaced also want Jose to bring players like baker boga rlc and solanke into the team.. If we were to do that and they show inconsistencies we'll be looking to buy a prospect from another team.. you can't ask for patience for certain players and completely right off others that hypocritical..

and by you I don't mean you in particular its a general YOU to the usual suspects that wait for a poor Oscar performance to come in his thread to suit their agenda

I think Cuadrado's shadow already influenced Willian's performances.

Still it's a joke for people here to say Willian has been influencing our games more than Oscar, but well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how little sense it makes.

With Ramires back on form, I'm curious to see what Mourinho will choose to do. He could deploy him in the pivot, and Cesc in the #10, but he could also deploy Rami as a RW (he loves to do that) because even having atrocious passing at times, Ramires brings more impact to the attack than Willian does and they offer the same work rate, running, pace that are important for our defending and pressing. On form, Ramires is already an upgrade to Willian.

Time will tell if Cuadrado is going to play there on big games, but I wouldn't be surprised at all by Mourinho playing Mikel alongisde Matic, Cesc as #10 and Rami as RW - displacing both Oscar and Willian. We know Mourinho loves Ramires... If we had a player like Luiz to play in the pivot (because Mourinho knows quite well about Mikel's limitations) I would bet all my money on Ramires in the RW instead of Cuadrado, Willian or Oscar... but as we only have Mikel, it gives Willian and Cuadrado more chances to play because between Rami and Mikel in the pivot, I think Mourinho will still pick Rami, with the RW game being less likely.

Carzola is at the end of his development at 30 years old Oscar is 23 and when Santi was that age no one here knew of him.. Younger players need time and patience to develop .. We have the same members that want Oscar replaced also want Jose to bring players like baker boga rlc and solanke into the team.. If we were to do that and they show inconsistencies we'll be looking to buy a prospect from another team.. you can't ask for patience for certain players and completely right off others that hypocritical..

and by you I don't mean you in particular its a general YOU to the usual suspects that wait for a poor Oscar performance to come in his thread to suit their agenda

Hey, hey, hey, more respect for Santi. A Villarreal legend and a fine player since a very young age, mind you.

Oscar is a first team player and a starter for the most part. So he should be judged on his performances like any other player, regardless of his age. But yes, there is (most likely) more to come from Oscar and that's why I think it's silly to write him off. But not everyone rates him, that's okay. Though I think some are harsh concerning his season overall. But he has disappeared against the higher quality sides.

Right now, Oscar is not good enough to be starter (not yet anyway) at this level so I would encourage a new signing for the #10 position in the summer. Willian is definitely not the answer imo. He might think he's a #10, though I've never heard him say so himself, but he doesn't suit the role.

To be fair to Willian, we didn't have Costa or Fabregas then, and you can add Cuadrado into the mix now as well.

I think Willian is a better complimentary player than Oscar because he does the basics better, something which was crystal clear in yesterday's game.

Fabregas - Matic

Cuadrado - Willian - Hazard

Costa

Interesting to see how that works.

The only worry about Willian playing as a number 10 is his shocking final pass...

Willian hasn't contributed more than 4 goals this season, let's face it oscar is still more creative.

But against bigger teams, the more players who can keep the ball under pressure and cover distance with speed, the better the attacking in those games. Unless the big team doesn't press and let's us have the ball.

Oscar not a n10

i dont think you've seen Koke play if you think he can play the n10 role for Chelsea... Koke is like a better and more physical version of KDB, without the wicked shooting ability KDB possessess.

Like I said before he's still very young, I mean look at Matic's development. Holding onto balls under pressure is the only area which he has to develop crucially imo. When you play in the center, there are bodies everywhere and if you're soft like Mata you lose the ball or pass out quickly because you're not confident enough to keep it or win a foul.

He already can't dribble, he has little chance of developing that part of his game, but if he doesn't learn how to use his back to shield the ball in tight spaces, sooner or later Mourinho will stop playing him against teams that press us.

Oscar is not the only one who goes missing in big games, so does Cesc. IDK maybe Mou negative approach has something to do with it. The most positive we played in a big game was against arsenal, confidently both were fantastic and Oscar was by many considerd MOTM.

Fabregas will usually influence a big game with an assist even if he doesn't play too well. Oscar on the other is 99% non existent in them and adds nothing.

i dont think you've seen Koke play if you think he can play the n10 role for Chelsea... Koke is like a better and more physical version of KDB, without the wicked shooting ability KDB possessess.

He doesn't have KDB's creativity either tbh. He isn't a number 10.

If Koke was next to Matic Cesc would be allowed to play as a more natural number 10 of course...

Not too sure about that. Can Fabregas really do what Mourinho wants with his No.10 in that position? He doesn't have the stamina, workrate and mobility to be moving around the pitch for 90 minutes, like Oscar and Willian. That is why those two are often played in the No.10 position more often than not. Mourinho has played Fabregas in that role a few times this season but has never really convinced and our pressing game tends to suffer from it. Sometimes, one can see Costa going a bit mad when he's doing the all the pressing from the front and no one else really helping him.