test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Oscar

Started by BlueLion.,

12,568 posts in this topic

Thinking something like this ChouChou?

LW: Hazard, Marin

CAM: Hazard, Mata, Oscar

RW: Hazard, Oscar, Marin

Yeah except Rambo instead of Eden as our second/third choice RW. Don't think Eden plays there.

Yeah except Rambo instead of Eden as our second/third choice RW. Don't think Eden plays there.

We have very good balance and choices in that area, it seems. We'll see if that turns out to be true very soon. Though, I must say I'm confident about the new boys. The might not gel together quickly but I'm sure it won't be long before they will be MOTM awards.

We have very good balance and choices in that area, it seems. We'll see if that turns out to be true very soon. Though, I must say I'm confident about the new boys. The might not gel together quickly but I'm sure it won't be long before they will be MOTM awards.

The great thing is that they're all young with tons of potential. Even if they don't exactly rip through defenses this season, I'm sure in a couple of years time, we'd have one of the most fearsome attacks in Europe. The future looks bright my friend :D

The great thing is that they're all young with tons of potential. Even if they don't exactly rip through defenses this season, I'm sure in a couple of years time, we'd have one of the most fearsome attacks in Europe. The future looks bright my friend :D

I hope I'm not the only one disturbed by the knowledge your exact post could be applied to Arsenal in 2004...

KonohasOrangeFlash likes this

I hope I'm not the only one disturbed by the knowledge your exact post could be applied to Arsenal in 2004...

I'm not disturbed by that at all. Arsenal could have had a phenomenal squad that would have been up with best in Europe had they spent some money on experience players and some decent defenders.

zolayes likes this

Can't wait until the EPL starts all these signing will give us a completely new outlook and approach to games. After winning the CL, with a core that's been around for nearly a decade - we now are building up another CL winning squad.

Happy days.

Haven't seen much of Oscar so I will be watching the Olympics very closely

I'm not disturbed by that at all. Arsenal could have had a phenomenal squad that would have been up with best in Europe had they spent some money on experience players and some decent defenders.

Also, their problem has been that all of their best players have left when they reached their peak. Nasri, Fabregas, Adebayor, Toure (even Glichy and Flamini to some extent) and now Persie. I'm sure their team would be a lot, lot stronger if those players would've stayed. Fortunately we have never had this problem and probably never will while we have mr. Abramovich.

Joker10 likes this

Just because a player is playing slightly wider than the man in the middle doesn't necessarily make him a winger, unless we want to introduce a 4-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation so everyone can play in the middle. They are just 3 attacking players in front or 2 defensive ones. Hazard and Mata are LW's by trade, even Mata introduced himself in a vid i saw a few days ago as a LW.

And even Marin, by trade is a LW. They all played LW for their previous clubs and just like Ashley young, who is also a LW by trade, they can all play as a SS or CAM. Oscar is a CAM so he has more chance playing in the middle because all the others can play wider and have experience wider but they will probably interchange between themselves.

Just because a player is playing slightly wider than the man in the middle doesn't necessarily make him a winger, unless we want to introduce a 4-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation so everyone can play in the middle. They are just 3 attacking players in front or 2 defensive ones. Hazard and Mata are LW's by trade, even Mata introduced himself in a vid i saw a few days ago as a LW.

this was exactly what I was reffering to...

Mata on the left wing is a crime, let alone on the right.

According to Henrique, his original position is on the right wing and I believe that is where he will feature most here. It's the only way this transfer would make sense to me.

How is Mata on the left wing a crime? He was our best player at the start of the season from the left, he made his name on the left too and its where he's broken into the spanish national team. He's brilliant there

How is Mata on the left wing a crime? He was our best player at the start of the season from the left, he made his name on the left too and its where he's broken into the spanish national team. He's brilliant there

He made his name because he has world-class passing skills, vision and intelligence, that has nothing to do with were he is playing. Yes he was deployed on the left at the start of last season but always "naturally" drifted centrally. Even under AVB, whenever we used 4-2-3-1 (which was AVB's plan 'B') Mata played in the hole because it was obvious (to me at least) that on the wing he more often than not leaves Cole on his own defensively. Even on the offense, despite having exceptional dribbling skills, he lacks the pace to beat most defenders on the flanks especially on counter attacks.

He made his name because he has world-class passing skills, vision and intelligence, that has nothing to do with were he is playing. Yes he was deployed on the left at the start of last season but always "naturally" drifted centrally. Even under AVB, whenever we used 4-2-3-1 (which was AVB's plan 'B') Mata played in the hole because it was obvious (to me at least) that on the wing he more often than not leaves Cole on his own defensively. Even on the offense, despite having exceptional dribbling skills, he lacks the pace to beat most defenders on the flanks especially on counter attacks.

Yes and he was showing that intelligence and passing playing on the left and drifting all over the place. That drifting is also the beauty of Mata, that's what made him so hard to mark and track. Not saying that he wasn't good in the centre, but he was perfectly fine on the left and was why people were raving about him. Part of the reason why Cole was exposed was not just because Mata was in front of him but because of how high and aggressive Avb made the team press playing in a 433. This is completely different to playing wide in a 4231 and Rdm doesn't seem to be as aggressive as Avb was in his pressing and pressurising game. Mata also isn't your typical winger so it doesn't matter if he's not beating people for pace, he was still dangerous playing on the left because of his drifting etc. Being a winger isn't all about pace, you get different types of wingers just like you get different types of number 10s. This is off topic though. I hope Oscar plays central with Mata right and Hazard left

Miguelito likes this

Just a heads up to all the english folk out there, the brazil game vs egypt is on bbc olympics 3HD from 7:35... If you have virgin media thats channel 552.

Fuck Team GB, thats what i am gonna be watching.

Surely he starts tonight... right?

Yep, same lineup as the last friendly I believe.

Definitely watching this one over Team GB.

Yep, same lineup as the last friendly I believe.

Definitely watching this one over Team GB.

Amen to that...