test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Daniel Sturridge

Started by BlueLion.,

4,136 posts in this topic

who knows!? maybe because that happened to be the season where he scored 21 goals and he hasn't been able to repeat it. And I wouldn't call it an argument, but rather a consideration. However, I do understand that ignoring pertinent variables to make one's point is routine around here.

So, if I acknowledge the fact he scored 21 goals that season, which keeps cropping up here, I feel entitled to mention the circumstances under which that took place.

Well it's obvious there's a number of mitigating factors other than Suarez that explains why he hasn't got 21 goals in other seasons, injuries, mismanagement/lack of chances etc. but you were implying he only 'poached goals' because he was playing with Suarez.

That season his record was better without Suarez, he scored goals for Bolton, goals for us (not said often but he averaged a goal every 188 minutes for us, or every 2 games), and has continued to score goals for Liverpool the few times he hasn't been injured.

In 13/14 he also certainly didn't poach goals, he scored a whole manner of good goals that season, this is all fact that goes against the baseless statements that suggest Sturridge isn't an excellent player in his own right and not due to Suarez.

Well it's obvious there's a number of mitigating factors other than Suarez that explains why he hasn't got 21 goals in other seasons, injuries, mismanagement/lack of chances etc. but you were implying he only 'poached goals' because he was playing with Suarez.

That season his record was better without Suarez, he scored goals for Bolton, goals for us (not said often but he averaged a goal every 188 minutes for us, or every 2 games), and has continued to score goals for Liverpool the few times he hasn't been injured.

In 13/14 he also certainly didn't poach goals, he scored a whole manner of good goals that season, this is all fact that goes against the baseless statements that suggest Sturridge isn't an excellent player in his own right and not due to Suarez.

Did not say he isn't a good player on his own right, only that I am not entirely sure he is a 21-goal a season striker just yet - because of the many circumstances that led him to achieve that in one season and not in others.

Besides, it's not just Suarez, but the fact they played with two strikers in that season, which is rare these days.

Again my point isn't that he cannot lead the line for a top club, but rather that I don't share the certainty that others here do. Esp considering his many injuries.

whatever anyone felt about his attitude when with us it is impossible not to feel sympathy for him ,, I feel mocking him is in extremely bad taste. Btw I was quite happy when

he left us

Gutted for him. He'd easily be one of the best 5 strikers in the World if his body didn't keep failing him. That cunt Klopp claiming he doesn't know the difference between "pain" and "real pain" must look like an idiot now.

And this is why he didn't make it here. He kept getting injured when he got his chance. It wasn't because Roman forced Torres to play. I'm sick and tired of that dumb myth.

I have absolutely no emotional attachment to the bloke, but it is hilarious that he's still played more games for Chelsea than Liverpool.

That stat just made my day :D

BlueLion. likes this

Do football coaches ever tell these guys to do yoga & body realignment? I had chronic shoulder and back pains, but it turned out that it was caused by my neck, & posture, and so focusing on making my neck better was what helped everything else, even pains in my wrist.

If Danny is always hurting his wee legs, they may not be the issue - it could be his core.

Spoiler

I always did think he was heartless...:P

His goal yesterday and Hazard's goal vs Tottenham have been the only goals I've properly celebrated in the last season of football. Hasn't been mentioned a lot but I thought it was interesting that yesterday was the first time in ages Sturridge played wide right, probably the first time since Chelsea days all that time ago.

His skill set as a striker is quite unique and I'm glad he's been called up. Probably England's most technical and skilful player. And always brings a goal threat. Some of his long distance shots yesterday were array yes, but he created those chances for himself, in a way no one else in the squad could. He himself had a big hand in the 1st goal and set up Rooney for a good chance later.

I will never get it why these guys move so quick. I know he wanted to play, but he is not playing in Pool, partly because of injuries but also because he aint as good as it was expected. If he sticked to us, he might not get injured so much, he might not be our leading guy, but he would be accepted by fans and he would get decent amount of chances even with Diego. And we wouldnt need to buy all these players like Remy, Ba or Bats. I think he would be more than decent for us as second choice striker.

Its a shame realy. Back then it looked as if he made right choice, but I think overall he would of had better career if he stayed here and fought for place. We had awful strikers few years ago.

silviupastean likes this