test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Daniel Sturridge

Started by BlueLion.,

4,151 posts in this topic

What annoys me the most is not the fact Sturridge might be leaving (that still annoys me a lot) but what grates my gears is the single figure sums getting discussed (IE Stoke for £6m).

He is better than fucking Carroll so as far as im concerned if Danny leaves for anything less than £40m i will be livid.

Edited by Tomo-91
eldo likes this

Way to put pressure on him in what are essentially meaningless games. %28N%29.gif

Bad man-managment from AVB there methinks.

Disagree with you.

Don't think he's exerting that much pressure on Sturridge that isn't placed on anyone else. He's made it clear we're looking in the market at players who become available, so in a sense, everyone's place is under threat. No doubt the likes of Anelka, Malouda & Kalou will also be closely watched. But they will be watched to figure if they're leaving for good or not.

Villas-Boas praised Sturridge's future on the other hand. He realised the kid's potential and implied he's a very much part of his long-term plans. I think it's great encouragement for Sturridge.

Sheva. likes this

We must not let Sturridge go. Huge loss if we do.

Some time ago it was stated that unless the holder will stay at the club, you see the new season as it holds my interest much?

AvB's full quotes re Sturridge and transfer activity in general :

"I am still evaluating things at the moment. It is not that I have to change things radically and I will take it step by step.

"I think it is pretty obvious that we will go into the market at one time or the other but not with radical changes to the team. The team will keep itself (together) and most of the players."

"This is one of the decisions we have to take," Villas-Boas added.

"Daniel is a very, very interesting player with a tremendous future. The individual is highly regarded by myself.

"I have 15 days in Asia to make the best decision and I need those four games to continue to assess.

"When we get back from Asia we have a week running into the Rangers game and I think from then on a decision will have to be taken to be ready for the first game of the season.

"Then again it does not mean that we won't be active after that, because the market always gets very frenetic in the last days and you never know what will happen."

Asked if the players feel that their performances in pre-season will determine their role and future at Chelsea he answered: "No, I don't think so. I think the opposite because I gave them that flexibility from the beginning.

"Normally people would expect you to arrive at Chelsea and make radical changes and we are taking everything on board and making the right decisions.

"Again our arrival is much more about freeing these players and finding their talent rather than making radical changes."

Without doubt Danny is in Andre's long term plan, just remains to be seen if he is a massive part of this season.

Well I imagine he will be starting most of the pre-season games. Due to the fact he won't be playing in the first few games of the season, due to his suspension.

"I

'm here training in pre-season and looking forward to the start of the new season, where I can show everybody what I am capable of doing."

Sturridge is adamant he is happy to fight for a place and demonstrate his goalscoring ability to Villas-Boas.

He said: "It is the same in every team around the world. Every striker has got to fight for their place and it is no different here."

Sturridge added: "It is a thing every striker has got to be prepared to do. There are no guarantees in football at any club.

"It doesn't matter whether you are a star or not a star, you have to show the manager what you are capable of doing. Every season is a new season.

"The past is the past, in my opinion, so everyone has got to fight for their place."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7050520,00.html

His attitude never ceases to amaze despite being constantly dumped away by the club .

?? you mean by Carlo?

Really believe it was Carlo who sanctioned him out on loan while expertly instigating a record deadline day bid for Torres ? Carlo had 4 strings hooked on his arms and shoulders , the entire time .

Really believe it was Carlo who sanctioned him out on loan while expertly instigating a record deadline day bid for Torres ? Carlo had 4 strings hooked on his arms and shoulders , the entire time .

Carlo didn't exactly play him during the course of the season anyway. And with another forward coming in, it made sense to send him on loan for more first team opportunities.

Carlo didn't exactly play him during the course of the season anyway. And with another forward coming in, it made sense to send him on loan for more first team opportunities.

While there have been instances I've been dumbfounded when Kalou has been picked ahead of Sturridge - who was on form during the Cup games and reserves etc , the acquisition of another central striker by the club would be deterrent to a young player's hopes . The smart thing to do then was of course , sending him on loan which worked wonders . Here's hoping he gets a run out this season . If its more of the same frontline - he's certain to go out on loan again ., that'll show Sturridge of our faith in him , even after performing well .