Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I'm not that disappointed about this. Didn't fancy his chances of ever becoming our first choice striker, particularly with Lukaku and potential new signings around, never developed the right mentality either, far too selfish, infuriating to watch as a fan and probably infuriating to play with as a teammate. All left foot too. He might have a decent career at Liverpool but I don't think he will ever be a player capable of being the star striker of a team with realistic ambitions of challenging for the Champions League and Premier League.

Bit of a waste really. It was clear that he had genuine talent but he was just a bit of a bellend. He needed someone like Mourinho to tell him that he needs to be a team player and that he isn't half as good as he thinks he is. However, if he is arrogant enough to decide he is too good for us and sulk when he is played slightly out of position (model professional Michael Ballack never moaned about having to move for Lampard) then I will happily see the back of him and see him playing with average players at the bindippers. Suarez will still be their first choice striker won't he and they usually play with 1 up front so I don't see what Sturridge is gaining from this.

Now that he more or less is gone it is clear that we either have to recall Lukaku or buy 2 strikers in January. I expect and hope that we will go in for a top class striker like Falcao, Cavani or Lewandowski but we will still be left with only 2 strikers. We need a replacement that would be happy to be rotated.

It's all about fine tuning and man management. Somebody like Harry Redknapp will get the best out of him.

Harry being a good man manager is a myth, if your one of his "boys" it's all well and good, but if you have no purpose he doesn't want to know. He shafted Tarabt at Spurs without a second's thought, now down at QPR he is one of "his boys" because he aint got anyone better.

This is an example of his over rated man management.

Great move for us and for him. He plays as a second striker so there is no place in our team for him. He'll play along Suarez over there and I see him scoring many goals from that position. He's definitely talented so it'll be a good move for him. Hopefully the money we get would be used for adding a new out-and-out striker for us.