The MMA thread

robdog

Since Ollie started a Boxing Thread, I have to start a MMA Thread. I will start off the proceedings w/ the baddest freakin' dude on the Planet in the MMA World...Anderson 'Spyda' Silva!!! Let's Get it On!!!

vrf0k0.jpg

Again, this is a MMA thread. So discussion don't have to be limited to UFC. If you have some stuff that is awesome, then post it. Let's do this!!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson Silva is my all time favourite fighter, the most amazing fighter you will see in your lifetime, some are lucky enough to say they saw Ali fought in real time, we can say we saw Anderson Silva fight in real time.

Seriously, Spyda Silva is the closet thing we have to Bruce Lee that is living

abmgyt.gif

BTW, I will admit that I liked Pride FC more than I liked UFC. Don't get me wrong I am entertained by the UFC, Pride put out better atmospheres. Let's take a stroll down memory lane:

Aw yeah, I love this crazy mofo also

Wanderlei Silva!

wanderlei-silva.jpg

I do have a soft spot, but for me dude has been receiving end of some of the most vicious ko's of the sport.The type of ko's when smokey comes up to you & tells you that you got knocked the fucked out. For instance:

FSBelfortKOsWanderlei1.gif

or this one:

silva_vs_crocop_ii_hk.jpg

My favorite KO was when Henderson told Bisping to stfu

81847955.gif

Oh you peeps don't worry, Bisping said that he supported manure ;)

^ Henderson's KOing was just amazing. Not just the KO itself but the whole backstory with how much utter shit Bisping talked during the Ultimate Fighter season. I couldn't have asked for a better result in that fight.

Henderson is my favourite MMA fighter of all time. Can't wait till he fights Jon Jones, it's going to be a tough one for him but never doubt HENDO!!

^ Henderson's KOing was just amazing. Not just the KO itself but the whole backstory with how much utter shit Bisping talked during the Ultimate Fighter season. I couldn't have asked for a better result in that fight.

Henderson is my favourite MMA fighter of all time. Can't wait till he fights Jon Jones, it's going to be a tough one for him but never doubt HENDO!!

The best thing about Hendo is the fact that he fights dudes bigger than him. He doesn't care, he is willing to throw blows!!!

Chael Sonnen is my favourite, was disapointed at last saturday, Thought Chael controlled the first but then tried that stupid swinging backfist.

I am not trying to bash your hero, but lets be real. He was not going to beat the Best Pound for Pound fighter on The Planet. So you should be happy that Sonnen won the first round. BTW, homie is about to die as he moves up to 205. Dudes are just as quick as they are in 185, but much stronger. He won't be able to take them down & he will get hurt. Dude should become like Bas Rutten & just commentate on the MMA game.

I am not trying to bash your hero, but lets be real. He was not going to beat the Best Pound for Pound fighter on The Planet. So you should be happy that Sonnen won the first round.

He still won the first round.

And he was winning the first fight against Silva...

So ok he lost the 2, but don't be that arrogant... Silva could have lost this one. Like the first

I am not trying to bash your hero, but lets be real. He was not going to beat the Best Pound for Pound fighter on The Planet. So you should be happy that Sonnen won the first round. BTW, homie is about to die as he moves up to 205. Dudes are just as quick as they are in 185, but much stronger. He won't be able to take them down & he will get hurt. Dude should become like Bas Rutten & just commentate on the MMA game.

Why not? He took him down with ease in the first, and if he was more well rounded he would have won the fight. Silva will be beaten in his next 2 fights, which could take two years with his history of dodgeing fights.

Silva will be beaten in his next 2 fights, which could take two years with his history of dodgeing fights.

you want to make a sig bet on that??? BTW Vitor Belfort would mop the floor using Chael. Face it bro, Chael is an over-hyped truck. The Great White Hope. Dude is all talk. 6-5 UFC record :lol2: & that is considered great? come on dude you are making me laugh. BTW, even Sensei Segal predicted this outcome

you want to make a sig bet on that??? BTW Vitor Belfort would mop the floor using Chael. Face it bro, Chael is an over-hyped truck. The Great White Hope. Dude is all talk. 6-5 UFC record :lol2: & that is considered great? come on dude you are making me laugh. BTW, even Sensei Segal predicted this outcome

Without mentioning the outcome of the fight, If Anderson is so great and Chael is so bad, why did he dominate him for 4 and a half rounds? Then dominated the first of there rematch? If Sillva is what you say he is, and Chael is what you say he is, Silva would have went out and knocked him out in 10 seconds. And in UFC since 2008 when he returned his record is 7 and 3 which isn't great but two of those losses came to Anderson 'the great' Silva.

Without mentioning the outcome of the fight, If Anderson is so great and Chael is so bad, why did he dominate him for 4 and a half rounds?

So he dominated 4.5 rounds. Dude always made a mistake to lose. Either weak sub defense or silly spinning back-fist. Dude found a way to lose. BTW what is Spyda Silva's UFC record? Let's just leave the argument alone. Chael can goto the broadcast booth & do what he does best....Talk Oh, I forgot the real reason why Chael dominated the first fight. Remember he had 16 times the normal Testosterone of a normal man :o Remember he was suspended afterwards??? Short memories :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched Lyoto Machida vs Ryan Bader on UFC on FOX. Lovely fight and I'm really happy to see a shotokan karate fighter have so much success in the UFC because I trained it for 10 years and will get back to it this year probably.

wBTtgf.jpg