Luke Shaw

Joker10

Stating the obvious but United are idiots if they are seriously paying Shaw 160k p/w, never mind the ridiculous amount of 100k already for a 19 y/o. Ed Woodward seriously needs to be sacked!

On the other hand, guess that shows where Shaw's loyalty lies...

Would you turn down a ridiculous contract like that if it was offered to you? People like to talk about how he would eventually get that kind of money anyway once he becomes truly world class but what if he never makes it? What if he just turns out to be a promising two season wonder who never develops further than that, or what if he gets a career changing injury that means he will never get the chance to be offered that kind of money again if he now turns it down?

£160k a week for five years amounts to a total of £42m over the length of the contract no matter happens with his development and any 19-year-old would be very stupid to snub that be it from any team in the world, especially a traditional huge club like Manchester United who play in the best league in the world and have the potential to be challenging for the title again in a year or two.

Anyway, I'm having a really hard time believing United would actually pay him that kind of money. If he got £160k a week now, how much would he demand when the club would be willing to extend his contract? £250k a week?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you turn down a ridiculous contract like that if it was offered to you? People like to talk about how he would eventually get that kind of money anyway once he becomes truly world class but what if he never makes it? What if he just turns out to be a promising two season wonder who never develops further than that, or what if he gets a career changing injury that means he will never get the chance to be offered that kind of money again if he now turns it down?

£160k a week for five years amounts to a total of £42m over the length of the contract no matter happens with his development and any 19-year-old would be very stupid to snub that be it from any team in the world, especially a traditional huge club like Manchester United who play in the best league in the world and have the potential to be challenging for the title again in a year or two.

Would like to think that there are still people in this world that find some things are more important than money (or maybe I'm just naive to think so). I'm not sure how strong are our interests on Shaw but would like to think we are interested a bit at the very least in signing him. Despite his claims about being a Chelsea fan and all that, he does seem pretty desperate to join United and join them because of the huge wages being offered. While I do agree slightly he may choose to accept this offer because it may never happen again if something bad happens but if you are a footballer with the potential to be one of the best in the game and have the confidence to realize that potential, would you really be concern about wages right now? Because if he continues to play well and develop himself and become a world class player, then sooner or later, he will receive that high wage anyway.

Would like to think that there are still people in this world that find some things are more important than money (or maybe I'm just naive to think so). I'm not sure how strong are our interests on Shaw but would like to think we are interested a bit at the very least in signing him. Despite his claims about being a Chelsea fan and all that, he does seem pretty desperate to join United and join them because of the huge wages being offered. While I do agree slightly he may choose to accept this offer because it may never happen again if something bad happens but if you are a footballer with the potential to be one of the best in the game and have the confidence to realize that potential, would you really be concern about wages right now? Because if he continues to play well and develop himself and become a world class player, then sooner or later, he will receive that high wage anyway.

It's not like he's going to Qatar or China because of the money, in fact he's actually joining one of the biggest clubs in the world to play under Louis Van Gaal who is known for developing young players into world beaters and if he also makes £160k a week in the process then all the better for him.

Being a fan of a club usually goes out the window once players start signing professional contracts that have a huge effect on the rest of their lives. While I would prefer Shaw coming to Chelsea, I won't be holding a grudge if he ends up at United and earns double the amount of money he would have received at his supposed 'dream club' because if I was in his shoes I would probably do just the same thing and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

People do know we have Van Aanholt who's been nothing short of outstanding these past couple seasons.

Have you watched his games? I haven't and that's why I'm asking.

The notion I have heard from a lot of people is that he hasn't improved much defensively at all but is still very very good going forward. And I've also heard that he is extremely inconsistent

Lol what?! He's getting offered double in wages what anyone else will give him. If I were him I'd take it and run. He was a Chelsea fan, but he's not gonna take half the pay to play with us when he can go to Man U for that money. You're really naive if you actually believe what you said. They do this as a career, for money. If not, they'd just do this in their spare time. I wish he'd come here, but I understand why he's not. Oh well. PVA is a beast too.

Have you watched his games? I haven't and that's why I'm asking.

The notion I have heard from a lot of people is that he hasn't improved much defensively at all but is still very very good going forward. And I've also heard that he is extremely inconsistent

Inconsistent? Not from what I've watched, he's improved immensely

He's been bloody quality from what I've watched.

How often did you watch him?

He's always been good going forward though, his biggest problem by far is defensively. He hasn't been tested thoroughly enough in the Eredivisie. There's a difference between looking quality against full backs in the Eredivisie and looking ok defensively against Eredivisie players and making that step up to a top division like the EPL.

Honestly you shouldn't get too excited over him doing quite well in the Eredivisie. He wasn't even the best LB this year (that was Jetro Willems).

Lol what?! He's getting offered double in wages what anyone else will give him. If I were him I'd take it and run. He was a Chelsea fan, but he's not gonna take half the pay to play with us when he can go to Man U for that money. You're really naive if you actually believe what you said. They do this as a career, for money. If not, they'd just do this in their spare time. I wish he'd come here, but I understand why he's not. Oh well. PVA is a beast too.

Well, maybe I am. Or maybe I'm not. Only looking at two sides of the coin. Won't begrudge him if he joins United as in the end, he just proves to be one of the typical ones despite appear seemingly otherwise.

Well, maybe I am. Or maybe I'm not. Only looking at two sides of the coin. Won't begrudge him if he joins United as in the end, he just proves to be one of the typical ones despite appear seemingly otherwise.

That's assuming he chose United over Chelsea because of money... We weren't ever that strongly in for him. United had no competition.

That's assuming he chose United over Chelsea because of money... We weren't ever that strongly in for him. United had no competition.

That's why I said what I said before. I'm not sure how strong is our interest on Shaw but would think we have some form of interest in him, slight interest at least. And speaking of assumption, aren't we all also practically assuming that Shaw has been offered 160k wages p/w and all these things with United?! So many have talked about it like it's black and white stuff already.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You