Luke Shaw

Joker10

Amazing to see how Shaw is streets ahead of Bertrand and is six years younger...
Streets ahead? Hyperbole much. He's not at all. IMO if Bertrand was at Southampton he'd probably be their starting left back.

Ryan has barely played left back this season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't see bertrand taking over the role of Cole, it would be a big drop in quality imo, and I can't see him improving that much in the next couple of years. Don't get me wrong, he is/will be a solid defender, and could start in plenty of EPL teams, but I think if Chelsea wants to be world class they will have to have word class or near world class players in every position, so if not Shaw, we need someone for that position.

Smart move by Roman to just keep an experienced top left back in place in Cole rather than spend large amounts on an experienced replacement because Shaw is too young to play for Chelsea right now with limited experience in top flight and Luke is smart to stay where he's at and work on his game.

Whoa whoa now I'm not saying Bertrand is a world clas talent and will be number one in a few years but does anyone remember rating Leighton Bainss highly at bertrands age? No he was mediocre or above average at best and now look a him, 28 years old and, in my opinion, the current #1 LB.. We write off people too early!!

Whoa whoa now I'm not saying Bertrand is a world clas talent and will be number one in a few years but does anyone remember rating Leighton Bainss highly at bertrands age? No he was mediocre or above average at best and now look a him, 28 years old and, in my opinion, the current #1 LB.. We write off people too early!!

True, if he will be given time and play games, he could turn great too. But hey this is Chelsea and people want best NOW. And other players are always more attractive than the ones we have. I bet if Ryan was Arsenal player and he would

play week in week out, people would go crazy about him on this forum...

True, if he will be given time and play games, he could turn great too. But hey this is Chelsea and people want best NOW. And other players are always more attractive than the ones we have. I bet if Ryan was Arsenal player and he would

play week in week out, people would go crazy about him on this forum...

Well Gibbs plays there pretty much week in and week out and doesn't get raved about on here. Personally I think that's because he's not that good.

Whilst I love Bertrand, he's simply not kicked on and if we're being honest he didn't look as good when he was 17 as Shaw does now. The kid just has a composure that you don't often see in players that age, and especially not in the Premier League.

Well Gibbs plays there pretty much week in and week out and doesn't get raved about on here. Personally I think that's because he's not that good.

Whilst I love Bertrand, he's simply not kicked on and if we're being honest he didn't look as good when he was 17 as Shaw does now. The kid just has a composure that you don't often see in players that age, and especially not in the Premier League.

Yup but one good season doesn't make a 'summer'... The lad has potential - but so many players fail to live up to expectation... I'd keep monitoring him, I don't think he's that much better than Bertrand at the moment - but if he improves considerably, then we have an option to buy him... Signing him now and 'stalling' his development wont help us or him...

As for loaning him out - great... We're going to have no 'player loyality' at all soon... with all of our 'future' prospects playing at other clubs... Something needs to be resolved around this and soon...

Yup but one good season doesn't make a 'summer'... The lad has potential - but so many players fail to live up to expectation... I'd keep monitoring him, I don't think he's that much better than Bertrand at the moment - but if he improves considerably, then we have an option to buy him... Signing him now and 'stalling' his development wont help us or him...

As for loaning him out - great... We're going to have no 'player loyality' at all soon... with all of our 'future' prospects playing at other clubs... Something needs to be resolved around this and soon...

I don't know if he's that much better than Bertrand right now, but he's about 6 years younger and shows a composure on the ball that Ryan has simply never had. I'd personally bring him in this summer and let him learn from Ashley, and they'd get about 30-odd games a season each.

Plus he's a Chelsea fan which is always nice.

well now that we've signed Ash on a year long deal, doubt anything will happen till next year.

and our chief scout Piet de Visser is very impressed by Van Aanholt , so can see Bertrand and Van Aanholt challenging for the LB position after next season. Shaw is great but think the board has other positions prioritized.

well now that we've signed Ash on a year long deal, doubt anything will happen till next year.

and our chief scout Piet de Visser is very impressed by Van Aanholt , so can see Bertrand and Van Aanholt challenging for the LB position after next season. Shaw is great but think the board has other positions prioritized.

From where did you get this? I am glad if it's true, I would like to give him and bertrand chance...

He also looks very strong for a 17 year old.

nah not really, rather average for his age, boys begin to develop their physique at 16/17. But footballers tend to become weaker and weaker these days, maybe they make him look bigger.

But physically he is still great for a 17 year old, e.g. he is faster than Azpilicueta, who is 6 years older.

Maybe because he doesn't play LB week in week out.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You