Luke Shaw

Joker10

Said hes a Chelsea fan on twitter. Don't think hes as good as everyone makes out, overhyped like most young English players, he had a good game against us so another thread... might as well sign Ricky Lambert too then...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said hes a Chelsea fan on twitter. Don't think hes as good as everyone makes out, overhyped like most young English players, he had a good game against us so another thread... might as well sign Ricky Lambert too then...

He's looked good almost every time I've seen him...and he's 17 and starting in the Premier League. He might not develop, but he's showing a lot at a very young age. I'd take Lambert too. Would be a perfect cheap backup to Ba.

Shaw is also blessed with a lot more raw pace than Bertie

Not quite. Bertrand is, with Ramires, the fastest in our team. According to Frank, anyway.

On Luke, leave the poor boy alone. He's doing very well at such a young age; no need to bring him here and ruin his career.

Not quite. Bertrand is, with Ramires, the fastest in our team. According to Frank, anyway.

On Luke, leave the poor boy alone. He's doing very well at such a young age; no need to bring him here and ruin his career.

i can't imagine Ramires and Bertrand faster than Hazard...

And do you really think that they are faster than Moses?

Yeah, a young inexperienced no mental strength player is exactly what we need now.

It's very rare you find 17 year olds with bags of experience, but I think people who want us to buy this kid are thinking a bit further than this season.

Not sure what you're on about with a lack of mental strength - he's done well at a young age in a tough situation. I'd take him in a heartbeat not just because he's looked very accomplished when I've seen him, but because he's English and he's also a Chelsea supporter. We are going to need a new left-back if Ashley leaves. Personally I'd like to see him stay and get this kid as backup.

No offence to Bertrand but he's going to be 24 before the start of next season and he's still not exactly shown a huge amount in his time here. The best compliment I can give him is that most of the time he looks dependable. Shaw looks exciting.

It's very rare you find 17 year olds with bags of experience, but I think people who want us to buy this kid are thinking a bit further than this season.

Not sure what you're on about with a lack of mental strength - he's done well at a young age in a tough situation. I'd take him in a heartbeat not just because he's looked very accomplished when I've seen him, but because he's English and he's also a Chelsea supporter. We are going to need a new left-back if Ashley leaves. Personally I'd like to see him stay and get this kid as backup.

No offence to Bertrand but he's going to be 24 before the start of next season and he's still not exactly shown a huge amount in his time here. The best compliment I can give him is that most of the time he looks dependable. Shaw looks exciting.

Fair enough, I can see where you're coming from. But at some point we need to start thinking about the present, not the future. Our last 2 season buys have been aimed at only for the future. I have a genuine concern of becoming a chaotic version of Arsenal - once threatening to dominate, then fading away into a team which serves as a platform for players to jump to better places. All we need for that downward spiral to kickstart is miss out on CL for one season and start being content with top 4 finishes season after season. I admit I know nothing about this Shaw guy, but if he is genuinely a talent with good work ethic and mentality and not just another English hype who will fade into obscurity, and if the price is right, then why not get him.

i can't imagine Ramires and Bertrand faster than Hazard...

And do you really think that they are faster than Moses?

Not sure about Bertrand but Ramires definitely has everyone pipped when it comes to speed. Hazard has the best acceleration though. Mata also has great acceleration, but his speed is nowhere near Hazard.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You