test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

25,840 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Maybe he's suddenly afraid of getting tackled? He has received plenty of rough tackles from the opposition players and the refs have done nothing to protect him whatsoever. The rough treatments appeared to have taken its toll this time around since he was injured for quite some time.

This is a very good point.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Maybe he's suddenly afraid of getting tackled? He has received plenty of rough tackles from the opposition players and the refs have done nothing to protect him whatsoever. The rough treatments appeared to have taken its toll this time around since he was injured for quite some time.

Really weird If thats the case. High skilled players usually receives rough tackles, If he is afraid, then thats a problem. Refs are not there to project specific players, so If he is afraid that speaks loud about his character, and considering the is yet to make a great game in a UCL knockout stage, you migh be right, perhaps he is a player that just doens't have the right character to be one of the best.

Muzchap likes this

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Maybe I expect too much from him. His second half was definitely better but still not to his (or mine?) standards. 

Game after game for me its pretty clear Hazard's mind is elsewhere. At the moment I Can't see him as a Chelsea playe next season. I think he lost his desire to be a Chelsea player due to Mourinho's tactics. Just remember at the end of 2013/14 season he said he was usually asked to things by himself, and suggested the team should play a more attacking football, no to mention that from time to time Mourinho criticized him for not being superb at the defense. Perhaps the new manager can change his mind, but Chelsea is really facing a uncertain future, and as he suggested days ago, he is seeking Champions League football. 

PSG is losing Ibra for next season, and they will look for a new star. For me its almost certinha Hazard will playing in France in August. 

Muzchap and Peace. like this

6 hours ago, Henrique said:

Game after game for me its pretty clear Hazard's mind is elsewhere. At the moment I Can't see him as a Chelsea playe next season. I think he lost his desire to be a Chelsea player due to Mourinho's tactics. Just remember at the end of 2013/14 season he said he was usually asked to things by himself, and suggested the team should play a more attacking football, no to mention that from time to time Mourinho criticized him for not being superb at the defense. Perhaps the new manager can change his mind, but Chelsea is really facing a uncertain future, and as he suggested days ago, he is seeking Champions League football. 

PSG is losing Ibra for next season, and they will look for a new star. For me its almost certinha Hazard will playing in France in August. 

If Real doesn't come this summer for him he'll stay. He doesn't care about going to PSG at all.

39 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

Two assists and a goal should be a MASSIVE boost for him. I really, really hope he does turn it around.

It would be fantastic if he turns it around. Especially now Willian is on form, we'll have two on form wingers finally. 

BlueLion. and Stats like this

I still think he's gone. Mourinho really, really was a big pull (no longer would be the case.) The idea of an up-and-coming player moving to the CL Winners to play under Mourinho? It's the stuff of dreams.

The reality has almost been a 180 of that though. The allure that we had, that brought and kept Hazard, is certainly gone. It's only logical that he'll now seek his next rush.

Essien19 likes this

Was good after the first goal. Even tracked back. Was taking on people. I take it as a good omen.

BTW Saw something brilliant today. Nothing compares to people opinion on Hazard as certain Gooner on Giroud.

Get him back on pen duties please. You could see in the post-match interview that he is unhappy about not being the designated penalty taker anymore. Fabregas even was giving Hazard a dig, stating he should of just took the ball and placed it on the spot. Hazard even referred to Oscar missing his last 2 pens, as if a way indicating he will regain the rights for penalty duties :D

He needs to be more like Cesc, demanding the ball whenever he can. Cesc looked bemused in the interview at the end of the game when he said that Eden should of taken the penalty and should always 'want more' which I think hes right, he should want more goals and more assists. Sure they are two different players in different positions but Cesc was always looking for the ball even if he didn't do anything special with it at times, always wanting it no matter if hes under pressure or not, Eden has all the ability in the world but needs to want to be the best player in the world and take games by the scruff of the neck, he did it last year so why can't he not do it again? 

kellzfresh, stroey and Stats like this

The Manchester game, did Hazard got more often the ball from his teammates? It sure looked that way to me.

Maybe they had a conversation or Roman did his saying.

I think we should think carefully about selling him. Perhaps it would be best. I don't think he will ever run the league again like last season - does anyone else think that either Hazard has lost athleticism or the rest of the league suddenly became incredibly athletic?! He can't seem to face someone one on one and run past them. He's either out muscled or out sprinted. Take out his dribbling ability, what has he got? His is not a goal scorer. His good at assists, but I'm questioning whether that can't be replaced relatively easily.

He's absolutely terrible at pressing with Costa and Willian. He actually slows down the game and hesitates on the ball which is only good when he is at his dribbling best, when he's not then it's detrimental to our attacks. 

When he's back to his best, I will change my mind in a snap, but the doubts are starting to grow that he's lot interest in England now he's won the league. Pep is at city, Jose most probably at United. Most importantly, his mind just sucks. Even cesc is seeing it. Not only should that give you food for thought about how much potential he fulfills, but especially how dangerous it is to base your team around him. He need to rebuild and at huge sale of Oscar and Hazard could really allow the manager to rebuild the team. 

Real were always buying everything with two legs.
Where do they find the money ?
I mean Spain is not even the richest country of Europe these days.
The only lame duck period for RM I can recall was the late sixties-early seventies.
Barcelona too of course in the last 10-15 years.
But CFC is also one of the teams enjoying high levels of international support. So why are we left behind ?
They talk of Hazard like as if he is a great talent that suddenly surfaced in some small village far-far away and so he is naturally theirs.