Eden Hazard

the wes

We're not a spanish club, we don't do 'clauses'..

Perhaps, Chelsea should?

Hazard is the most talented player on Chelsea´s squad & sooner of later someone will try to pry him away from Chelsea.

That clause acts as a deterrent.

Perhaps, Chelsea should?

Hazard is the most talented player on Chelsea´s squad & sooner of later someone will try to pry him away from Chelsea.

That clause acts as a deterrent.

These crazy release clauses is relly only a Spanish thing as far as I'm aware.

As long as Hazard is on a lengthy contract Chelsea have nothing to be worried about.

Great news by the way. Hazard is only getting started and we'll enjoy his prime at Chelsea.

That 100m is good enough for him. FFP lurks around PSG, Citeh, Barca soon Real...

150 would be more adequate

If you're gonna suggest putting a high figure clause in Hazard's contract just so other clubs won't be able to get him, we might as well just slap a 999 999 999 million amount as the clause!

Don't get the point of putting in clauses anyway. Without it, at least we can control and demand whatever we want if other clubs want to buy a particular player. By having a clause (even if it's a lot!), you're practically restricting yourself and keeping your options limited.

Or maybe no buy-out clause? I mean am I naive or does the inclusion of one just 'allow' sale of a player, or even encourage it?

Not necessarily. If there was a buy-out clause in Hazard's contract, maybe in the 100-150m region, and PSG or someone else was interested in getting him we could just refer to the clause by telling them we won't negotiate and it's either "pay up or fuck off". If the clause is set high enough and any interested parties told loud and clear that the club won't entertain offers below that, it will basically serve as a hands-off warning. That's what the Spanish giants do and it doesn't encourage anyone to try and buy their best players, just the opposite really.

Anyway, English clubs don't do buy-out clauses. Look at what happened to Suarez last year when everyone thought he had a 40m clause and Arsenal tried to trigger it.

Or maybe no buy-out clause? I mean am I naive or does the inclusion of one just 'allow' sale of a player, or even encourage it?

A bit of Chinese arithmetic?

Perhaps, 100m or more could be a deterrent?

I mean, after all how many clubs can afford to pay 100m?