Eden Hazard

the wes

Eden Hazard: Jose Mourinho was right about me, I have to do better for Chelsea... but I'll be back next season

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2630828/Eden-Hazard-Jose-Mourinho-right-I-better-Ill-season.html#ixzz31xkWjySt

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The Belgian winger also admitted that manager Jose Mourinho had been right to drive him hard and demand more from him. 'It’s true and it’s good,' said Hazard. 'I prefer it when we speak like this, rather than saying things like: "He’s the best and he doesn’t need to work".'

It's almost like Jose Mourinho knows how to motivate players...weird huh?

Fantastic response from Eden though and exactly what he needs to reach the highest levels.

You can tell there is a hint of arrogance mixed with confidence in him, that's not a bad thing. Looks like Jose has told him that you earn the right to be regarded as one of the worlds best and he isn't there yet. Hard work and all that natural talent, he will be one of the worlds best.

There is nothing worse in sport than seeing someone with amazing talent that doesn't work hard.

What do you expect him to say? To tell Mourinho to fuck off? This doesn't deflect from the fact that Mourinho's public criticism was bizarre and uncalled for especially since he has praised him for improving his defensive game. It's also clear to we fans that Hazard has improved his defensive game a lot this season, more than I expected and more than he should considering he is also our highest goalscorer and creator and get's double teamed every match.

Jose needs to keep his "criticisms" in-house because he's been misled a lot by the press to say stuff he otherwise wouldn't say publicly.

Like it or not Mourinho is the manager. He is the one that has to talk to the press more often than anyone. When the manager says that Eden has to work more and Eden himself fully backs him up and recognizes it (because guess what? that's the only think you have to do when you want to become one of the greatest) i don't see where the problem is for some ppl. That was a classy healthy exchange in front of the media between manager and player and does a lot of good to the club. Why do you fail to see that?

To be fair, we can't say "oh it's the media" when something goes against Chelsea and then defend it when something's said in a positive light.

..just saying :whistling:

To be clear: The Hazard comments "we don't play football" was, if not pure, then 85% media bullshit as well as the Eto'o "some fool..." recent comments. The Hazard comments "Mourinho is right to tell me i have to work harder next season" (Player of the Year awards) has nothing to to with the media thankfully. It's 100% Hazard classiness. No defending here on the media itself for posting actual words of some person. It's the minimum job of a journalist.

Of course they're quotes. I'm just saying it's unfair to blame speculation when the media do post quotes.. Even if they're taken out of context, you can never be sure about context anyway. It's not like Hazard disputed those "we don't play football" quotes.

To be clear: The Hazard comments "we don't play football" was, if not pure, then 85% media bullshit as well as the Eto'o "some fool..." recent comments. The Hazard comments "Mourinho is right to tell me i have to work harder next season" (Player of the Year awards) has nothing to to with the media thankfully. It's 100% Hazard classiness. No defending here on the media itself for posting actual words of some person. It's the minimum job of a journalist.