test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

25,983 posts in this topic

I don't know why most of you are on Kojo's back for not thinking Hazard is world class after two games at Chelsea. Let the season go on for about 10-15 games then we can start forming a proper opinion about the guy. Personally, i think he's been amazing to watch, he adds much needed creativity and threat to our attack.

Exactly...there isn't a Chelsea fan in the world who isn't wowed by Hazard's first two games, but they are just that. Two games and against poor sides. I worry that if people think that this is the new normal, they will feel let down when he isn't spectacular. I do expect him to have some bumps in the road because every player does. I do have every confidence that Hazard will be a fantastic player for us though.

Zone likes this

He hasn't played his best yet. I'll echo the sentiments of my fellow francophone that Hazard is just warming up. Of course he'll have bad games because you can't be on every single game but there are games where he shows himself at level that very few in the world can reach. He's already shown he can take a team like Lille and win a Ligue 1 title which is like winning the PL with Wolverhampton.

He makes things exciting and probably the biggest criticism of him is that he sometimes tries to be too creative.

mediator likes this

To compare the Wolves to Lille ...

Eden Hazard is world class , but he is always 'very good' when it comes the second part of the season , usually he starts slowly the season , very surprised that he was so fit and so good on the pitch.Still I think that he could be better as a number ten. :D

Wow!Simply just wow.Hazard is one gem of a player and I am really glad we signed him.I am sure if he plays most of the games then we'll have the opportunity to score at least one goal a game because of all the challenges he gets in the box.

It's like Hazard is contagious and makes everybody around him play better.

I would love to see the distance stats though. He was tireless all over the pitch.

With him and Mata, we may actually start to break tough defenses easily. The build-up to the offside goal, was kinda unusual for us, but yet that's what we should be aiming for with these players.

DDA, Arief and TrippingStep like this

I have to admit, I'm absolutely blown away by this young lad.

I'd heard all the hype, but now I've seen him actually play a couple of games the hype doesn't do him justice.

We've scored 6 goals and he's already got 5 assists, that's just mind boggling B)

As i said above, it was average Hazard you saw today. I even noticed some unnatural choices for him, when he could have done better, which shows he still has to adapt to his new team mates yet. At one time for exemple, he clearly stopped his move and turn back waiting for one of a classic run of Debuchy, our LR, but Ivanovic was still in defense. he's far from his top form. Trust me, i've seen many better games of Eden Hazard in my career as a LOSC supporter ;)

Hello again, i just wanted to show you concrete examples of what i was saying yesterday.

I couldn't put a word on it, but now i've thought about it and saw the focus vids on Hazard against reading and wigan, i know exactly what crucial quality of his you haven't seen yet : his ability to play in one touch, by deviating the ball and taking every defenders by surprise. Because for using these skills, he must know really, really well his partners ...

For example, in this vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmWgc9ZUSE

The action at 08:40, he would not have given it to Mata if playing for the LOSC. He would have made a one touch deviation to pass it in the timing of the run of Lampard (i think it's him).

manpe and Tomo like this

His creativity isn't actually the best thing tbh, he can pass a ball and his cross was good, but still not great creativity.

If that's the dumbest thing you've ever heard then your life has been shit, that's all i can say... go outside now.

Sloth please... you got to stop this dude :). Saying Eden Hazard is lacking creativity (you even said you could expect more creativity from a Championship player than from him) is just like stating Jenna Jameson is useless at sucking

cock_401.jpg

But I will give you credit on this one since you always base your opinion on a few games. I had to tell Jenna's sorry. She had an off day the 5 times you took her on a date :D

Hello again, i just wanted to show you concrete examples of what i was saying yesterday.

I couldn't put a word on it, but now i've thought about it and saw the focus vids on Hazard against reading and wigan, i know exactly what crucial quality of his you haven't seen yet : his ability to play in one touch, by deviating the ball and taking every defenders by surprise. Because for using these skills, he must know really, really well his partners ...

For example, in this vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmWgc9ZUSE

The action at 08:40, he would not have given it to Mata if playing for the LOSC. He would have made a one touch deviation to pass it in the timing of the run of Lampard (i think it's him).

I hear what you're saying. He actually messed up what would've been a good opportunity. But that will come with time as you said as he grows a good understanding.