Eden Hazard

the wes

My fellow countrymen,

With the arrival of Lukaku, Courtois, De Bruyne & especially now with Eden Hazard... a lot of us have found their ways to the Talk Chelsea forum!

This can only be a good thing since our national squad is full of talent and we are first row experts as it comes to Belgian soccer (players).

BUT I think we have to watch out. When I'm scrolling through the last pages of this Hazard thread I almost see more Belgian Flags than on tuesday in the Koning Boudewijn Stadion :).

If we don't want to get criticised by the other Talk Chelsea members, I think we should well consider the quantity/quality of our posts! Of course we all love Eden and we are his biggest fans... but I think we should really watch out that we don't all start posting/commenting the same things over and over again ...

Keep the blue (and belgian B) ) flag flying high!!

Agree. But I guess that when Belgium plays, it is only normal that inputs by Belgian flags increase.We can only hope the posts about his performances or problems in the national team will be of interest for non-Belgian Talkchelsea members.

When he came on last Tuesday I thought he was okay but not great. Something is troubling me about Hazard's performances, but it is hard to identify. The guy looks very self-assured but at the same time I think there is some of lack of confidence. When there is space he should just run into it with is quality, but very often you just see him choosing an easier option. I also don't think it was correct of him to claim the two free kicks, but that's something the coach has to decide on as well. Curious how he will continue to evolve at Chelsea this season!

My fellow countrymen,

With the arrival of Lukaku, Courtois, De Bruyne & especially now with Eden Hazard... a lot of us have found their ways to the Talk Chelsea forum!

This can only be a good thing since our national squad is full of talent and we are first row experts as it comes to Belgian soccer (players).

BUT I think we have to watch out. When I'm scrolling through the last pages of this Hazard thread I almost see more Belgian Flags than on tuesday in the Koning Boudewijn Stadion :).

If we don't want to get criticised by the other Talk Chelsea members, I think we should well consider the quantity/quality of our posts! Of course we all love Eden and we are his biggest fans... but I think we should really watch out that we don't all start posting/commenting the same things over and over again ...

Keep the blue (and belgian B) ) flag flying high!!

no need to worry ..I hope most members feel like I do about the Belgium fans ...I think Hamilton was the first to arrive and he kept us informed

of how our players were doing .. The players themselves are making a good impression. looking forward to when they are all on the pitch for us.

Starts (8)

Wigan (away)

Reading (home)

Newcastle (home)

QPR (away)

Stoke (home)

Arsenal (away)

Norwich (home)

Tottenham (away)

Assists (6)

Pass to Ivanovic (Wigan away)

Pass to Cahill (Reading home)

Layoff to Ivanovic (Reading home)

Backheel to Torres (Newcastle home)

Corner that Gallas headed only for Cahill to volley (Tottenham away)

Through ball to Mata (Tottenham away)

Goals (2)

Penalty against Newcastle away (won by Torres)

One one with the Keeper against Norwich home (pass from Mata)

Penalties won (2)

Won penalty that Lampard converted (Wigan away)

Won penalty that Lampard converted (Reading home)

MOTM (3)

v Wigan (away)

v Reading (home)

v Newcastle (home)

Starts (8)

Wigan (away)

Reading (home)

Newcastle (home)

QPR (away)

Stoke (home)

Arsenal (away)

Norwich (home)

Tottenham (away)

Assists (4)

Pass to Ivanovic (Wigan away)

Pass to Cahill (Reading home)

Layoff to Ivanovic (Reading home)

Backheel to Torres (Newcastle home)

Through ball to Mata (Tottenham away)

Goals (2)

Penalty against Newcastle away (won by Torres)

One one with the Keeper against Norwich home (pass from Mata)

Penalties won (2)

Won penalty that Lampard converted (Wigan away)

Won penalty that Lampard converted (Reading home)

MOTM (3)

v Wigan (away)

v Reading (home)

v Newcastle (home)

Isn't his corner kick that Gallas deflected and Cahill scored technically an assist? lol!

I saw the game today, Chelsea played but it pained me to see Hazard like this. He was shite :(

So shy, unwilling to display all of his abilities, i don't understand why. He is reluctant to dribble whereas in Lille he managed most dribbles than anyone else in the league. He tries to be a bit too collective, in order to not get too much responsabilities. That doesn't fit to his character at all, at Lille he was the man, he carried the team and he loved it.

Maybe he's tired in that case RDM should put him at rest soon. Maybe it's a lack of confidence, and then it won't get better without at least trying to make the difference by himself. He has the abilities to create so much danger, to eliminate on his own one or two defendes before releasing the ball...

I saw the game today, Chelsea played but it pained me to see Hazard like this. He was shite :(

So shy, unwilling to display all of his abilities, i don't understand why. He is reluctant to dribble whereas in Lille he managed most dribbles than anyone else in the league. He tries to be a bit too collective, in order to not get too much responsabilities. That doesn't fit to his character at all, at Lille he was the man, he carried the team and he loved it.

Maybe he's tired in that case RDM should put him at rest soon. Maybe it's a lack of confidence, and then it won't get better without at least trying to make the difference by himself. He has the abilities to create so much danger, to eliminate on his own one or two defendes before releasing the ball...

I agree except on the part where you say he was shite. That is completely false I think. I do think he is experiencing some bad/lesser form issues the last weeks (ergo the belgian national team). You can notice that by his pace and speed of execution dropping a bit, making him show less initiative.

But even when he has bad form, he is still very, very usefull/good. He will get around to it, I think. What I do notice is that sometimes he doesn't get the ball as much as in Lille and he does need a lot of touches to 'heat up'.

When I think of it, he had a couple of those periods in Lille too. He isn't god-like yet like he can be, but he sure is good! Soon, his form curve will change, no question about that.

I agree except on the part where you say he was shite. That is completely false I think. I do think he is experiencing some bad/lesser form issues the last weeks (ergo the belgian national team). You can notice that by his pace and speed of execution dropping a bit, making him show less initiative.

But even when he has bad form, he is still very, very usefull/good. He will get around to it, I think. What I do notice is that sometimes he doesn't get the ball as much as in Lille and he does need a lot of touches to 'heat up'.

When I think of it, he had a couple of those periods in Lille too. He isn't god-like yet like he can be, but he sure is good! Soon, his form curve will change, no question about that.

Shite is a relative term. If Stuart Downing had played like this, i'd have said good game. But i've seen enough games of Hazard to know that compared to what he can produce he had a shitty game today.

Shite is a relative term. If Stuart Downing had played like this, i'd have said good game. But i've seen enough games of Hazard to know that compared to what he can produce he had a shitty game today.

Exactly. That is what i meant. Relatively it was shite. Objectively it was good! I just don't want to call a performance like his shite, just because he can do even better.

We dont need Eden to carry us ... KTF that he will win us games the way Juan did today

You need to have Eden at his full potential though. RDM should encourage him to take risks, and play like he did in Lille. It would be with absolute certainty beneficial to the whole team.

You need to have Eden at his full potential though. RDM should encourage him to take risks, and play like he did in Lille. It would be with absolute certainty beneficial to the whole team.

Very true. When at his full potential he is awesome :fainthv9: . He should be encouraged to try and dribble, start actions, ...