Eden Hazard

the wes

I'm actually getting a little bit worried.

I don't think he will turn out good, because i've been noticing all he has is ball control and dribbling.

He has no creativity, crossing or anything.

What's the point if you only have ball control and can take on players, it's pretty useless. I have a feeling this wont turn out so great as people are expecting, i haven't seen him make one good pass, cross or anything so far in this pre season, i have with Marin, not Hazard though. All he seems to be is just fancy on the ball.

May I just stop you there. His creativity is excellent and one of his best atrributes. He led the assists chart in the French League last season with a total of 16 assists, that is brilliant considering he got 21 league goals last season. We are getting a player who can create and score. Here are the statistics for the record.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/assists/_/league/fra.1/year/2011/french-ligue-1?cc=5739

A bit like the mad Chelsea squad thread, this Hazard and Chelsea squad concern has came because of a pre season friendly. It's shocking lol. The squad is young, Hazard is young but Hazard will be world class and this Chelsea squad in a few years time could be the best team in the world. Maybe a bit far with that remark but it's possible. The squad and the players we've bought are very, very young. Hazard is already a fantastic player. His best years are ahead of him, as is the same for most of the squad.

Next season's Chelsea will be something none of us have ever seen before so instead of all the negativity, lighten up and get excited about the potential we have bought. Hazard doesn't give a shit about a friendly. Friendlies are for fitness and getting to know your team mates. He doesn't wanna get injured like Robben did against Roma and miss the first 3rd of the season to then play catch up.

Hazard is a class act. End of. He'll be the signing of the season.

Your best post ever.

And you get all that from a few friendly games? Bit early to judge new players in the way that you do. Yes, he does have the control and the dribbling, but to state at this moment that that's all there is to his game is premature. Last year in France he racked up assists and goals, so he does have the quality to give a final ball or score himself. He's 21 and he's playing in another club than Lille for the first time in his life, a club that is at another level than Lille too. Give him some time to adjust to that club and that level.

You say we Belgian seem to overhype Belgian players. That may be true, but jumping to conclusions based on a few friendly games in hot conditions isn't the right way either.

The french league?, no where near as strong as the Premier League. And some of his assists at Lillie didn't look creative, besides about 3.

I've watched games from Lillie also, i haven't claimed that i'm basing them off friendlies, i'm getting sick of this shit logic you accuse me of. I brought up friendlies, that was about it. For me he doesn't look anything special besides being fancy on the ball.

Against Sounders Hazard was the best buy of the decade, a couple games on and he is overrated. I worry bout our fans I really do.

That's an over exaggerated post, i certainly wasn't saying he was the best ever. I was going to post my thought on Hazard anyway, i don't think he's anything fancy besides on the ball, where i think we desperately need players who can cross and have creativity, Hazard doesn't seem to have that. It's like i could expect more from a Championship player in those departments.

That's an over exaggerated post, i certainly wasn't saying he was the best ever. I was going to post my thought on Hazard anyway, i don't think he's anything fancy besides on the ball, where i think we desperately need players who can cross and have creativity, Hazard doesn't seem to have that. It's like i could expect more from a Championship player in those departments.

Hazard can't cross?

:D

Lol the last 2 pages has more ppl complaining about people complaining, than ppl actually complaining.

But what I hear from some is that he's more Iniesta than he is a guy that likes to take ppl on 9/10 times?

I don't know what it is about Hazard, but he just seems to have 'it'.

He will be a massive player over the next few seasons at Chelsea but he must be given time. Luckily thanks to the abundance of riches we now have at our disposal in the attacking midfield department, time is something that we can afford him.

I've said on here a couple of times, a combined contribution of goals and assists at around the 20 mark in all competitions would be an excellent first campaign at the club.

You mean he didn't score 32 goals against the MLS All Stars? Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. We are going to be relegated ot the Championship next season. Oh fuck, oh fuck, Oh fuck, oh fuck, Oh fuck, oh fuck, Oh fuck, oh fuk. West Ham will be the team to do it too, they'll send us down with a hattrick from Carlton Cole. FUUUUUCK

Why would he cross when he is playing behind the striker? On the odd occasion he was on the wing, he had Lukaku, who doesnt know what the word positioning is, to aim at. No creativity? You have seen him play for 150mins, yet you assume he has no creativity? Also he isnt " anything fancy besides on the ball"? This is football mate that counts for a lot.

I knew it, non Belgian fan over here compared Hazard to Messi. It's Arsenal's defender Vermaelen who does.. Is he a troll over here? :D

"Hazard has the quality to set the Premier League on fire. I know he will do good at Chelsea."

"Eden is a exceptional talent, to be that good every week is something else.. But i think he will come good. You can compare him to Messi, small, low gravity point so he's strong on his legs with very quick ball movement. They should give him a free roll like we did with Belgium against England."

Don't shoot me guys, i'm just the messenger...

No-one is actually saying he is as good as Messi. That's what I hate. Whenever someone says Player X is similar to Messi in the way he plays, they will get shot down big time. So now no-one can be Similar to Messi? (low centre of gravity, close ball control, quick feet etc). What has the world come to. As I have said before, too much circle jerking over Messi.

The french league?, no where near as strong as the Premier League. And some of his assists at Lillie didn't look creative, besides about 3.

I've watched games from Lillie also, i haven't claimed that i'm basing them off friendlies, i'm getting sick of this shit logic you accuse me of. I brought up friendlies, that was about it. For me he doesn't look anything special besides being fancy on the ball.

France is an excellent sporting nation. To dismiss their league as 'nowhere near as strong' is enormously ignorant. Lets not forget that many of the greatest ever Premiership players were either products of Ligue 1 or directly purchased from a French club.