test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

25,877 posts in this topic

Yep. Almost like-for-like technique with how they choose to pass the ball and cross. Both equally adept to playing out wide or through the centre and adjust their play accordingly. Both like a little rabona here and there. Both have this incredible way of getting the ball to dip after shooting it quite high making it really difficult for the keeper to save.

Here's Ronaldinho at a similar age I believe to what Hazard is now. Play just like eachother. (Edit: Actually, Hazard is a lot less selfish. So not quite the same.)

He is very similar to Hazard in this video; Ronaldinho seemed to favor pace back then, he became a more axial, more "playmaking" later, maybe that's how Hazard will evolve himself... Wenger once said that Hazard will end up in the center of the pitch later in his career.

For me you are overdoing it with the Ronaldinho comparison.

In the brief time that Ronaldinho was top dog, that was probably the best I ever seen in my whole life!

Better then Messi and Ronaldo combine.

He was just epic and out of this world. If he would have hold that form for a couple of years, he could have easily been the best player ever of the history of this sport.

That being said, Hazard is good but nowhere near close the level that Ronaldinho was.

Totally agree.

And I would say the same of Zidane. In his best moments he was better than both Messi and Ronaldo. Won't be easy to see such players come along again for long.

Ronaldinho and Zidane were a class apart they practically had and did everything and football actually flowed in their veins when they played. Hazard for me will be top two in his generation. As for Neymar? I think lucas moura can be better than him because lucas is a natural athlete (stronger,more energy,more powerful shot, more speed, more direct play, also very skillful) goetze and co. Will be no where near hazards level in a few years time. Oscar could be up there but he is a very different type of player so they can't be compared.

For me you are overdoing it with the Ronaldinho comparison.

In the brief time that Ronaldinho was top dog, that was probably the best I ever seen in my whole life!

Better then Messi and Ronaldo combine.

He was just epic and out of this world. If he would have hold that form for a couple of years, he could have easily been the best player ever of the history of this sport.

That being said, Hazard is good but nowhere near close the level that Ronaldinho was

Indeed, you're right. However, Hazard is still very young, while the Ronaldinho you're talking about was at his best when playing for FC Barcelona...

The same applies for Zidane, of course very good when young, but as his best at Real Madrid.

You can't expect from a 20-year old to be as good as those legends...

Ronaldinho and Zidane were a class apart they practically had and did everything and football actually flowed in their veins when they played. Hazard for me will be top two in his generation. As for Neymar? I think lucas moura can be better than him because lucas is a natural athlete (stronger,more energy,more powerful shot, more speed, more direct play, also very skillful) goetze and co. Will be no where near hazards level in a few years time. Oscar could be up there but he is a very different type of player so they can't be compared.

I dont think so.

Both Neymar and hazard are potential world best players for their generation.

Neymar has football skills in his veins at the level of ronaldinho at that age, in no way is lucas moura near neymars potential. The only thing neymar lacks is strength, which he can develop on, but the skills he has, only ronaldinho and ronaldo were brazilians at that level at age 21.

Lucas moura is at the level of gotze and isco and the rest that will fall behind both neymar and hazard for world best players.

I dont think so.

Neymar has football skills in his veins at the level of ronaldinho at that age, in no way is lucas moura near neymars potential. The only thing neymar lacks is strength, which he can develop on, but the skills he has, only ronaldinho and ronaldo were brazilians at that level at age 21.

Lucas moura is at the level of gotze and isco and the rest that will fall behind both neymar and hazard for world best players.

IMO, Gotze is up there with Hazard and Neymar in terms of potential

No doubt.Infact most people regard him as the best U-21 player right now.

I'd have Hazard and Neymar over Gotze any day though.

I'd have hazard over gotze aswell but neymar?????For me gotze>neymar.

I'd have Hazard and Neymar over Gotze any day though.

I think so too...

While Gotze is a great prospect, IMO he's not as good as Hazard or Neymar.

kellzfresh likes this

I haven't watched Gotze much but I heard he was more of the hard-working, no-nonsense type compared to Hazard; isn't he more comparable to De Bruyne then?

Gotze doesn't have half the pure skill hazard and neymar have, he's more of just a close ball control dribbler. Even isco has more skills(leg overs, backheels, scissors crosses, etc) dan him.

I guess maybe some people like me like skills than just running with the ball like messi :D

Gotze doesn't have half the pure skill hazard and neymar have, he's more of just a close ball control dribbler. Even isco has more skills(leg overs, backheels, scissors crosses, etc) dan him.

I guess maybe some people like me like skills than just running with the ball like messi :D

In terms of pure skills, Hatem Ben Arfa must be the best in the world.

That doesn't mean that he's better than Gotze. Fortunately, football isn't only about skills, it's also about vision. And IMO Gotze is the U21 player with the best vision and football intelligence in the world

Mufassir08, Tomo and James like this

In terms of pure skills, Hatem Ben Arfa must be the best in the world.

That doesn't mean that he's better than Gotze. Fortunately, football isn't only about skills, it's also about vision. And IMO Gotze is the U21 player with the best vision and football intelligence in the world

Im sorry but these days, vision alone will only get you as far as what iniesta and xavi get, 3rd and 4th.

What takes you to the top is goal scoring ability and pure dribbling or skills on another level.

For example, zidane has the same vision which iniesta and xavi has but his elegance in dribbling skills made him by far better than them.

I'd have hazard over gotze aswell but neymar?????For me gotze>neymar.

Nah. I'd have Neymar over Gotze in my team any day. Neymar has more talent than Gotze and in my opinion has a higher ceiling as well.
Heisenberg and kellzfresh like this

I dont think so.

But you said it yourself "strength". Don't be fooled lucas moura is younger than hazard and Neymar and he did superbly against Barca in last years champions league. My point is lucas has much more room to develop than Neymar.