test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

Decisions comes with consequences.

Hazard chose to leave us. He could have been our next Terry, Cech, Lamps etc. spending all their good years in Chelsea. There were certain games this season showed that we missed Hazard.

Such a shame. It’s looking like a very poor end to his career. He may get some goals next season, but he won’t reach that PL legendary status he got with us in La Liga. He looked like a lost puppy all season. But hey, he got a La Liga title I guess.

Oh well, meh. I still don’t really care about Hazard in the end. He’s just another opposition player now to me. And right now, he’s bang average.

Also like Jason said. Pulisic wouldn’t have emerged if Hazard was still around. Don’t want him back here.

BXL70 and Ryan Fong like this

On hindsight, am glad that we sold Hazard last summer and got the money that we did because let's face it, he probably only has 2-3 years left at the top level and especially when you consider he doesn't seem to take good care of his physical condition.
Plus had Hazard stayed, we probably wouldn't have seen the emergence of Pulisic. If he can stay fit or stay fit more often than not, then we would almost have a like-for-like replacement and someone a lot younger too. 

Totally agree, for Chelsea’s perspective it’s definitely a very good business. I just feel sad for Eden personally for such unfortunate adjustment of his footballer career. But heck, what am I to judge, maybe it suits his laid back personality perfectly and we are just being over concerned.
Iggy Doonican likes this

3 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Totally agree, for Chelsea’s perspective it’s definitely a very good business. I just feel sad for Eden personally for such unfortunate adjustment of his footballer career. But heck, what am I to judge, maybe it suits his laid back personality perfectly and we are just being over concerned.

He looked totally lost last night but apart from being an outstanding footballer he came across as a really decent bloke very laid back and didn't take himself to seriously not an utter narcissist like that oily prick Ronaldo.

He looked totally lost last night but apart from being an outstanding footballer he came across as a really decent bloke very laid back and didn't take himself to seriously not an utter narcissist like that oily prick Ronaldo.

Oh yeh he’s definitely a much better bloke to hang out with in personal life than Ronaldo. I can’t stop laughing at “oily prick” lololol, it’s a good one.

Eden is 30 in 5 months. Even if he has 2 great next seasons it is not worth it for 130m.

But I do not think Real really cares. They always have money. Rodrygo and Vinicius will develop in the time Eden is there and no doubt Real will go for Mbappe next summer (only two years left on contract).

kellzfresh likes this

2 hours ago, Rapkun said:

I can't believe Marina managed to convince them to pay 160m with only 1 year remaining on his contract. She should go to prison for this.

She didn't

This journo is the only one saying these crazy high numbers. Literally the only one.

And I want tge ENTIRE article posted verbatim. It is paywalled. 

I, of all people, am owed that entire paywalled article being posted. 

I have posted dozens of paywalled articles for all on here to read.

I want to parse this with a fine tooth comb.

Massive difference between

potentially may have to pay

and will guarantee pay

and has already paid

If I start seeing people claim that we sold Hazard for €160m (which will, knowing this board, soon be called £160m) and infer we already got that much, with nothing to back that up, I will always have a go

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I know facts are important but shouldn't we be happy if Marina really got £143 million in total for Hazard?

of course, but I need to see facts and documentation from more than one source, plus potential payouts do not equal 'already banked' payouts

I have said we would end up getting £115m to £125m at the end of the day, so the difference is not massive

if that one journo is correct, then it also puts ALL the others in a very poor light

which is distressing in and of itself, as how can you trust anything you read anymore, even from the so-called 'reputable' ones

So much talent just wasted because of lack of effort and desire. Glad someone with this attitude is not our best player again 

Eden did wind me up at times. WHEN he was full of swag he was almost unplayable. But there were times he might as well been invisible. Hands on hips. Walking about looking at the floor. Then that interview he did after Conte said summet about motivating him. He said he didn't care what managers said as long as HE was happy with his game.I hope he gets it together.

BXL70 likes this

Unbelievable he would come back overweight from off-season, AGAIN.

Especially after a first disastrous season in Madrid. I just can't get my head around the fact he is not doing everything he can to give himself a chance to really succeed in his dream club.

Such a shame Eden :(

kellzfresh, DDA and Unionjack like this

After a first disastrous season at Real Madrid, we'll see next season what he can deliver to RM. At the moment, it does not bode well. He is not fit and he decided to miss training with RM to join instead his teammates for Belgium for this Nations League that almost no-one bother about. And he did not play either because the coach of Belgium Martinez estimated he is not fit enough. And indeed he is again over-weighted following summer holidays. RM is infuriated and I can understand that given the fee they paid and his huge salaries. Although I very much like what Eden did for Chelsea, this situation does not displease me: it sounds as a warning for those stars that want to leave our club. They better have to think twice before leaving our club.

Fernando, Unionjack and kellzfresh like this