test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

19 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

💬 Didier Drogba: 

"No one can replace Eden Hazard, he is special. But someone else will come, [and] step up. Eden Hazard is a legend at Chelsea. That's life, that's football."

#CFC 🔵

There's always a new lion king at the Bridge.

Fulham Broadway likes this

Im very excited at the prospect of Neymar joining Barcelona. If it happens, we can end this debate on who is better between Hazard and Neymar. No more "Chelsea is defensive" "Hazard is the only star" "Hazard is tackled/fouled more without cards in the EPL" excuses. We will know who is better once and for all.

28 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Im very excited at the prospect of Neymar joining Barcelona. If it happens, we can end this debate on who is better between Hazard and Neymar. No more "Chelsea is defensive" "Hazard is the only star" "Hazard is tackled/fouled more without cards in the EPL" excuses. We will know who is better once and for all.

Where do you stand on this KF?

kellzfresh likes this

11 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Think Neymar game is more complete, his movement off the ball is much more dangerous. I think this is where Hazard game is lacking, he lacks the killer off the ball movement of Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Salah, or even Mane. But on the ball he is only behind Messi in that department. 

Overall i would take Hazard, mainly due to his professionalism and ability to step up when counted on. Think Neymar doesn't play up to his ability often time.  

Robchels likes this

I would say the opposite. I'd say Hazard is more complete than Neymar, but Neymar has the ruthlessness in front of net that can be compared to Ronaldo, Messi ,and Salah. 

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I would say the opposite. I'd say Hazard is more complete than Neymar, but Neymar has the ruthlessness in front of net that can be compared to Ronaldo, Messi ,and Salah. 

Think they do belong in the same tier, and both slightly overrated. :) 

Hard to call hazards game complete when he’s that poor at shooting from afar. It’s kinda important skill. 

Would also give Neymar the edge for off the ball movement and key passes.

dribbling is where hazard is way ahead.

Id take de bruyne over either one in for a tough match where you need a win.

I have learned recently that Neymar is actually very dedicated at practice. I mean he obviously parties a lot, but is usually in amazing form.

28 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Hard to call hazards game complete when he’s that poor at shooting from afar. It’s kinda important skill. 

I have learned recently that Neymar is actually very dedicated at practice. I mean he obviously parties a lot, but is usually in amazing form.

I didn't call it complete, I said more complete than Neymar's :)

Key passes I'd disagree. Hazard's chance creation over the years is immaculate. 

Robchels likes this

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I didn't call it complete, I said more complete than Neymar's :)

Key passes I'd disagree. Hazard's chance creation over the years is immaculate. 

Sure but Neymar is better at shooting from afar.

Yeah maybe I’m overrating Neymar key passes. Still think de bruyne is way ahead than both esp in key passes and passing in general.

kinda hard to remember a great tough cL match where either one dominated.

Just now, Robchels said:

Sure but Neymar is better at shooting from afar.

Yeah maybe I’m overrating Neymar key passes. Still think de bruyne is way ahead than both esp in key passes and passing in general.

kinda hard to remember a great tough cL match where either one dominated.

Against PSG in 2017 for Neymar

Hazard has yet to really show, however he's redeemed that in the WC last summer. 

I'm very intrigued to see Hazard in a better team in general, as DeBruyne and Neymar both have that luxury compared to him. 

Robchels likes this

24 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Against PSG in 2017 for Neymar

Hazard has yet to really show, however he's redeemed that in the WC last summer. 

I'm very intrigued to see Hazard in a better team in general, as DeBruyne and Neymar both have that luxury compared to him. 

Yeah hazard did well in the world cup, but think his actual contribution against the tough sides was not there, otherwise perhaps Belgium would’ve made to the final.

against Brazil, de bruyne was the key player imo. Hazard has a corner to Fernandinho.

yeah it’s going to be interesting to see what hazard will do at real. I personally think his style does not gel that well with better players. He will see more spaces though.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've always leaned towards Neymar in the past, and I still think he is. I value goals immensely and Neymar beats Hazard in this category by far both internationally and club level. But Neymar seems injury prone now which is a huge minus. 

1 hour ago, Robchels said:

I completely disagree that Hazard is way ahead of Neymar in dribbling. Neymar is in the same league as Hazard in dribbling, Hazard is just marginally better.

Robchels likes this

19 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

How about you? What is your opinion?

On 26/06/2019 at 10:57 AM, 11Drogba said:

How about you? What is your opinion?

Well, every rating system gives it to Neymar but I think it's closer than this suggests.

Playing in a genuinely effective team makes so big a difference that Eden has been at a huge disadvantage for the bulk of his career. When your side moves the ball quickly, with purpose and with the kind of quality which wrong foots defenders, then running lanes open and the impact of any movement is multiplied. When your passes are collected by Messi or Suarez then your statistics are going to get a boost. I think this compensates for the differences which lead to Neymar being consistently rated above Eden.

manpe, communicate and 11Drogba like this

I appreciate all this guy did for the team and hope he enjoys his time at Real Madrid. 

However I just get this feeling that he might not be as good as they want. Kinda of like Bale, and hence the club will never be in love with him like Chelsea was. 

But the good thing is that he didn't burn his bridges like Courtois. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

What the fuck, i didn't know there was a Chelsea Foundation academy at Sani Resort (though it kinda makes sense because it is the preferred destination of many rich Russians, so maybe Roman has some connections there). It is an 1 hour drive from where i live and the funny thing is that i will be spending this weekend in a nearby location, so i was thinking to stop by Sani on my way there and have a cup of coffee at the marina.. Maybe i should wear my Chelsea shirt and go have a word with him :D

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Hazard is coming back to Chelsea after 4 seasons :)

As a 32 year old. Will be a luxury buy.

the wes likes this