test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Have seen some revealing quotes...but not sure how real they are. 1 more hour...

You mean this :

Eden Hazard - "I have made my decision. I'm still waiting like you are waiting and like the fans are waiting." (1/4)

Eden when asked if he'd have liked his future to be cleared up earlier - "Yes I wanted that, but that's not happened. I've told the club a couple of weeks ago." (2/4)

Eden when asked if Chelsea getting a top four spot made any difference to his decision - "No, I don't think so. I have made my decision, that's it I'm still waiting." (3/4)

Eden Hazard - "We have a final to play and then I will see. I have made my decision but it is not just about me." (4/4)

Source: https://twitter.com/TweetChelseaUK/status/1127647107437953024?s=19

Just now, Belgiannutt said:

You mean this :

Eden Hazard - "I have made my decision. I'm still waiting like you are waiting and like the fans are waiting." (1/4)

Eden when asked if he'd have liked his future to be cleared up earlier - "Yes I wanted that, but that's not happened. I've told the club a couple of weeks ago." (2/4)

Eden when asked if Chelsea getting a top four spot made any difference to his decision - "No, I don't think so. I have made my decision, that's it I'm still waiting." (3/4)

Eden Hazard - "We have a final to play and then I will see. I have made my decision but it is not just about me." (4/4)

Source: https://twitter.com/TweetChelseaUK/status/1127647107437953024?s=19

Yup. Wonder where they got the quotes from as quotes from his interviews are embargoed. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yup. Wonder where they got the quotes from as quotes from his interviews are embargoed. 

No idea. I'm skeptical tbh but the twitter account it came from does seem to be a legit chelsea fan account with a decent amount of followers so it would be kinda weird if he made it all up. 

Ah well we'll see in a little while. :dunno:

ivanman likes this

I just hope the club are exploring some of Real Madrid's other players that may be off and not just using Kovacic as a bargaining chip. Haven't there been rumblings of the futures of Kroos and Modric being uncertain? I'd love either here. They're after Pogba apparently.

His mind was made up after the World Cup when he came out with those initial "it's been a wonderful 6 years..." quotes. Think he would've gone then if it weren't too late in the window.

Oh well. Pleasure to watch him for all these years and good luck to him. I expect he'll dominate in La Liga even more so than he did here. Must be an exciting prospect for him to play for his dream club under his boyhood hero.

Hopefully the club don't allow us to fade into midtable mediocrity after they sell him.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Not that I doubt his credibility but seriously, who the hell is feeding Kristof with all these stories?! 

Eden’s team and Eden Hazard himself during their interviews. We all know 2 years ago Eden explicitly has said he will stay IF Chelsea shows ambition and bring better players. What people missing is how Hazard successfully avoided contract talks for the past two years now, what Kristof has mentioned in his reply. Anyway it’s decided now and all will hear soon.

Atomiswave likes this

This is the actual breaking news:

Well that's that. The difference from the past is that now there are no more faint hopes about signing a new contract. I just hope the club don't let this drag on and force him to hand in a transfer request. He's given 7 great years. He deserves to be allowed to leave on his terms. With Courtois it was understandable but Hazard is a legend. The club should show loyalty to him, do a deal for 85-90 instead on being stubborn about 100 million and move on. Marina is only good at saying no and being adamant about a price  but she has no sway attracting top players to sign here.

Atomiswave likes this

3 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Eden’s team and Eden Hazard himself during their interviews. We all know 2 years ago Eden explicitly has said he will stay IF Chelsea shows ambition and bring better players. What people missing is how Hazard successfully avoided contract talks for the past two years now, what Kristof has mentioned in his reply. Anyway it’s decided now and all will hear soon.

I guess if we're being honest, we kinda knew he was going to leave for Madrid at some point the second he joined us. It's just maybe a surprise that it's taken 7 years for that to happen. 

Looks quite embarrassing for the club to have made Eden the star of the new media campaign. Face of the new kit launch, plastered all over the outside of the Bridge in the new kit, etc.

They've known he wants out for a while. Hell, so did he so I wonder why he'd agree to do it.

I guess if we're being honest, we kinda knew he was going to leave for Madrid at some point the second he joined us. It's just maybe a surprise that it's taken 7 years for that to happen. 
I'm sure Zidane returning is the deciding factor now. He wouldn't be pushing the transfer had Mou or Conte been appointed.

Just now, LAM09 said:
9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm sure Zidane returning is the deciding factor now. He wouldn't be pushing the transfer had Mou or Conte been appointed.

Nah. Think he would still want to leave regardless, IMO. He's just desperate to play for Real Madrid. 

Nah. Think he would still want to leave regardless, IMO. He's just desperate to play for Real Madrid. 
I just don't get this stance with players nowadays. Real have become at more notable force in Europe again, but just look at their league position in the last decade.

There are certainly other clubs that are more appealing/more likely to offer a threat on all fronts next season. Real throwing money at a wall doesn't guarantee much.

Just now, LAM09 said:

I just don't get this stance with players nowadays. Real have become at more notable force in Europe again, but just look at their league position in the last decade.

There are certainly other clubs that are more appealing/more likely to offer a threat on all fronts next season. Real throwing money at a wall doesn't guarantee much.

Honestly, I think a big part of the appeal for Hazard is the fact that he won't have to shoulder so much of the load anymore. It won't have to be "give it to Hazard and hope for some magic." Life will be much easier for him there. He'll finally be surrounded by players of his ability and for a side that will show up on the pitch 99% of the time as the vastly superior team.

They'll probably completely refresh their attack this summer and be competing for the Liga title.

Honestly, I think a big part of the appeal for Hazard is the fact that he won't have to shoulder so much of the load anymore. It won't have to be "give it to Hazard and hope for some magic." Life will be much easier for him there. He'll finally be surrounded by players of his ability and for a side that will show up on the pitch 99% of the time as the vastly superior team.
They'll probably completely refresh their attack this summer and be competing for the Liga title.
They are buying promising & potential trouble if rumours are to be believe. Going from Pedro & Willian to Lucas & Asensio isn't exactly a notable step up.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think that might be a reason but not the deal breaker. Those Real Madrid rumors have always been there, even when we were winning league titles and some cups in last 2-4 years. 

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

They are buying promising & potential trouble if rumours are to be believe. Going from Pedro & Willian to Lucas & Asensio isn't exactly a notable step up.

Asensio, Bale, Isco, Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Ramos, Varane, Carjaval.... Lucas isnt a bad player either hes probably got better end product than Willian. The step up in players around him will be huge. Regardless.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He might have won 3 Champions League titles in a row but am really not convinced by Zidane. Madrid were hardly tactically organized during those triumphs and it's hard to tell like how Zidane wanted them to play. Owed a lot to lady luck and individual quality of Ronaldo etc. 

LAM09 likes this