test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

On 1/20/2019 at 1:50 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Eden is world class

5254234c4600d18a446944ee46ad7f19.gif

When HE wants to be. And thats been the same with him since we first bought him.

I've said many times theres not a better sight in football than WHEN Eden shows up and hes doing his shit.

But then theres the weeks on end that he offers nothing much at all.

He should be able to reach deep down and lead by example.

I'm not getting on only at him as we have been in this situation every other year and even on those good years have a spell like it.

Apart of course years when we FTW!

Ahhh! Maybe one day again!

OneMoSalah, Johnnyeye and DH1988 like this

34 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Names! Easy to say goal scoring winger.

And we NEVER did replace Lamps. Never even got close to a similar type. If we had one now then we wouldn't be in this much shite.

Exactly my point we replaced Lampard with Fabregas - a completely different player but changed the style and approach to his strengths rather than Lampard's and we've won 2 league titles since then.

With regards to names I'm not sure, I don't watch the amount of European football i wish I could when i was younger but City brought Sane, Liverpool brought Mane and Salah. There are players out there who would suit the system we're trying to play with the characteristics we're looking for. The scouting department need to pull their fingers out.

Or we convince CHO to stay and give him that opportunity.

Unionjack likes this

35 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Names! Easy to say goal scoring winger.

I don't care how crazy it sounds, but we should have a go at Mbappe. I already showed how to pay for both him and Icardi and have hundreds of millions of quid left over to further boost the squad all over.

Oki, now back to the reality of our fucked up board

the main wingers we should be targeting (I am listing every single one I rate for us)

and this is with CHO and Eden leaving

LW

Vinícius Júnior (try to force a swap for Hazard, probably zero chance RM goes for it, who knows, I would so so accept him plus £50m for Eden at thsi point)

Hirving Lozano 

Marco Asensio

Thomas Lemar

Thorgan Hazard

Ismaïla Sarr

Steven Bergwijn

Mikel Oyarzabal

Kingsley Coman

youth

Rodrygo (same as Vinícius Júnior, but still in Brasil, Real already bought him too (over £40m)

Willem Geubbels

Justin Kluivert

Javairô Dilrosun

RW

Nicolas Pépé

Suso

Leon Bailey

Federico Chiesa

Malcom

Florian Thauvin

David Neres

Federico Bernardeschi

Iñaki Williams

Wilfried Zaha

youth

Samuel Chukwueze

Ferrán Torres

Reiss Nelson

Yann Karamoh

feel free to add, I think that if ALL of these were removed from any chance or us buying

we would BE FUCKED

After the match yesterday, got the feeling 99% he will be leaving in the summer, no matter who we buy now and later or what we achieve this season. “Can’t wait to see Pulisic and Hazard playing” not going to happen imo. The good thing is that I think we have already got his replacement in Pulisic.

Just spent the rest of the money we got to buy 1-2 more players Sarri needed. I hope I am wrong, and he surprised me by signing the extension though. The thing I could only see 1% chance it would be happening at the moment.

Johnnyeye, Vesper and 0007 like this

1 hour ago, Shakez said:

Welp, Hazard stating what we've known all along...

Frustrated the living hell out of them all the times hes underperformed as well no doubt. More goals would bring him up though there's no doubt about it, I know he offers a lot but so do the likes of Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe even Dybala but they all have good numbers season in and season out. Like I said I think hes maybe close to maxed out and he doesnt seem to be bothered about pushing to have better numbers in terms of goals or assists. Interesting interview though.

Robchels and Johnnyeye like this

More like a confirmation he will definitely pushing the move if Real make any bid now. Nothing change though, he is basically still giving the damn signal to the board to do their things better than ever. Would be interesting if he is asked whether he still want to come to Real, if Conte taking charge. (I remember he said he will love to work with Mourinho again)

What a perfect moment to publish the interview though. I am sure they will hold it, if we won against Arsenal.

Hazard has always been honest, he speaks without filters.

it's not disrespectful, it's precisely the opposite.

He never had a contradictory speech, since the begining he is faithful to his words

I know everybody here would like to heard "i will stay all my life at Chelsea" but the fact he wants to leave to Madrid don't mean he don't love the club.

you can feel at every interview that he is extremely attached to this club, but Real Madrid is his dream child.

Who are we to blame him for this ?

You can be sur that even if his exit to Madrid fails I will stay with us and will enjoy to end his carreer at Stamford Bridge.

2 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

The good thing is that I think we have already got his replacement in Pulisic.

The thing is, as much as I prefer right-footed LWers and left-footed RWers (aka inverted), Pulisic has mostly always played as a RW, despite his right-footedness.

I therefore cannot conclude that Pulisic is a replacement for Hazard at LW. I list him as such in my projections (after we buy 2 legit left-footed RWers like Pepe or Malcom or Suso or Bailey or David Neres, pick two of the five), but not sure if we will play Pulisic there (at LW).

Assuming we lose both CHO and Eden

My LW preferences would be (given that my top choices are not doable and/or not available, ie. Mbappe, Sane, Dembele, Sancho,  Vinícius Júnior, Anthony Martial (although really want him as a CF) and Lorenzo Insigne) would be:

Hirving Lozano, Thomas Lemar, Ismaïla Sarr, Thorgan Hazard, Kingsley Coman, Mikel Oyarzabal, Steven Bergwijn, and finally Marco Asensio (obviously would be part of a RN swap deal, zero chance we drop close to the £90 to £100m (or more) on him as a standalone all cash deal that RM would demand).

Wild card would be Coutinho, who can play at LW (I would think we would use him as our AMF though, ie the Hamsik role), but he is £100m.

If we are going (doubt we would) pure WC-potential youth buys route

by far the best ones (not counting the few I put in above)

would be

LW     Willem Geubbels, Paulinho, Alphonso Davies (Bayern just bought him, lolol,), Rodrygo (RM just bought him this summer from Santos, he joins next year, so they will have FOUR (counting Eden) WC or potential WC LWers, they surely would have to sell one, I think they are cray to buy Hazard, as they are LOADED with 3 YOUNG potential superstars,Vinícius Júnior is blowing up as we speak) , Justin Kluivert,  and Javairô Dilrosun

RW       Ferrán Torres, Reiss Nelson (super tough pull as he is on loan from Arsenal, who would never sell him to us), and Samuel Chukwueze

RoyalBlues likes this

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

The bigger point here is that Hazard has never pushed himself, like Messi/Ronaldo, to be even better, to elevate himself to the next level. He's good but it feels like he's just stuck at the same level year in year out. And the consistency has been a big issue as well. 

Sarri has also knee-capped him with this false nine foolishness.

Johnnyeye and Bosnian Blue like this

Just now, Vesper said:

Sarri has also knee-capped him with this false nine foolishness.

Talking about the bigger picture here. Him playing as the false nine has nothing to do with this.

Stats, Johnnyeye and OneMoSalah like this