test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

1 hour ago, Styles said:

You are yet to explain how anybody in Hazard's position could 'do more than he did' on Sunday. You are not even pretending to have an answer to that question.

I am sure he'll fuck off in the summer - only a lack of ambition on his part would mean he stays beyond this summer.

That’s not the issue, really. I basically said that anyone else could’ve replaced hazard and done the same: nothing.

and a lot cheaper too... see hazard costs more to Chelsea than a reg squad player (wages and free role mentioned by a number of players) so naturally it is expected more from him than other players.

assuming that he is a top 5 player, I don’t think he is, I expected him to drop back and create plays or try to. He did neither.

it is crazy that he ends up creating next to nothing in an important game and people are ok with it.

and I am the one bashing though... I’d call expecting the bare minimum. :)

i don’t like Neymar actually, but he’s better than hazard. Don’t like William or Fernandinho... so much for being Brazilian... not even that much a fan of Brazil (I’m from the south kinda Barca relation with Spain) still waiting for the odd Belgium to offer a single piece of criticism for hazard though. 

Looks like this forum will go quiet once hazard leaves. :P

DDA likes this

10 minutes ago, Robguima said:

.assuming that he is a top 5 player, I don’t think he is, I expected him to drop back and create plays or try to. He did neither.

Drop back and create plays? Do you think that's what Conte put him in the false 9 role for? To drop back and create for the non existant forward? Are you saying he should have abandoned his instructed role in that retarded rigid setup, which would have basically been a big fuck you to Conte?

Either you're taking the piss or you're fecking clueless m8

20 minutes ago, Weckerz said:

Drop back and create plays? Do you think that's what Conte put him in the false 9 role for? To drop back and create for the non existant forward? Are you saying he should have abandoned his instructed role in that retarded rigid setup, which would have basically been a big fuck you to Conte?

Heh seen that done about a thousand times before: players given a specific instruction by the manager, but adapting to what is happening on the pitch.

And that’s an assumption being tossed around here too: that he was forbidden to drop back and create! The point of a false 9 is exactly that: he’s Not a 9.

7 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Heh seen that done about a thousand times before: players given a specific instruction by the manager, but adapting to what is happening on the pitch.

And that’s an assumption being tossed around here too: that he was forbidden to drop back and create! The point of a false 9 is exactly that: he’s Not a 9.

I'm sure you've seen this so not sure why I have to make this point.

I suppose he could've dropped back and joined in these embarrassing scenes.. False 9 doesn't work when players are instructed to play this rigidly

As for adapting to what's happening on the pitch, tell that to Conte

15 hours ago, Robguima said:

So... what’s your point then? Switch clubs? Become Real Madrid fans where hazard Will finally fulfill his potential and win games by himself like the other top5 players do?

support city because they have more money and better players? 

Once again hazard is our key player on super high wages... if he needs more incentive than that then he can fuck off.

players come and go, but the club stays. Even the scouts and coaches who don’t seem to understand the transfer market will leave one day.

Ahh yes, there it is Messi, Ronaldo, er al. do it all by themselves. They don’t have world class teammates and they pass the ball to themselves because they can do it all with no help.

Yes, Hazard has no incentive to play he’s only doing it for the pay check. 

Sure players come and go it doesn’t justify giving the middle finger to your players or your managers.

Chelsea is heading quickly down the Arsenal path.

1 hour ago, Weckerz said:

To be honest bro, yes we do expect him to act out a big fuck you to Conte when he sets the team out to play in such a negitive way against a City that obviously needs pressing as shown by Liverpool. The very best of the best (players) drag their team out of bad situations. I'm not saying Eden hasn't becasue he we are forever in his debt for the times he has done. Although I really don't think Eden does enough to claim a stake in the top 5 players in the World. Not yet. I think that is mostly because he has been playing in such a defensviely set team and yes if he goes to Madrid or Barca he would definitely produce more but If you watch Messi play the false 9 role, he does drop very deep to start plays off when Barca are playing badly. He even does it when playing well. I personally think Eden should be left on the wing where he is most effective.

2 hours ago, Polo7 said:

If Hazard leaves, are you saying its game over for Chelsea? What an appalling excuse for a fan you are.

No, but any concerned fan would be worried about the direction in which the club is heading.

We've been on the decline since Drogba's playing days have come to a close. Thankfully it hasn't been to the extent of some of the other clubs in the big 4.

Unless you're telling me the board planned for the situation we are in right now from the very beginning, there is every reason to be worried

No, but any concerned fan would be worried about the direction in which the club is heading.
We've been on the decline since Drogba's playing days have come to a close. Thankfully it hasn't been to the extent of some of the other clubs in the big 4.
Unless you're telling me the board planned for the situation we are in right now from the very beginning, there is every reason to be worried

The club haven't felt the need for a rebuilding job due to the fact we've won 2 of the last three league titles. I only expect Roman/the board to wake up when shit goes seriously downhill.

18 hours ago, LukakutoStamford said:

Why should any player have to play for a  club with a revolving door of managers?

Going to Real Madrid isn't going to solve that problem.

11Drogba likes this

1 hour ago, DDA said:

To be honest bro, yes we do expect him to act out a big fuck you to Conte when he sets the team out to play in such a negitive way against a City that obviously needs pressing as shown by Liverpool. The very best of the best (players) drag their team out of bad situations. I'm not saying Eden hasn't becasue he we are forever in his debt for the times he has done. Although I really don't think Eden does enough to claim a stake in the top 5 players in the World. Not yet. I think that is mostly because he has been playing in such a defensviely set team and yes if he goes to Madrid or Barca he would definitely produce more but If you watch Messi play the false 9 role, he does drop very deep to start plays off when Barca are playing badly. He even does it when playing well. I personally think Eden should be left on the wing where he is most effective.

I agree with everything you just said except you can't compare playing false 9 in a fluent Barca system where Messi has people making runs everywhere compared to us playing Conte's weird shit where everyone is static to the point we're becoming a meme. What's the point of him dropping deep exactly playing like we did against City?

Styles and Anthon_nini like this

9 hours ago, DDA said:

I agree ^^

The day I see a fan from Belgium direct any kind of negitive criticism towards Eden is the day I become a billionaire owner of Chelsea.

i hope you will read this forum for new signings.

6 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

Yeah since i made the comparison between Hazard-Neymar and pointed out that Neymar was extremely wasteful Robguima seems to have gone into overdrive, bashing Hazard every chance he gets.

Probably hit a bit of a nerve with that considering Robguima's Brazilian.

Oh come on, Hazard is overrated big time. He can't even lace the shoes of Neymar.

4 hours ago, Weckerz said:

I agree with everything you just said except you can't compare playing false 9 in a fluent Barca system where Messi has people making runs everywhere compared to us playing Conte's weird shit where everyone is static to the point we're becoming a meme. What's the point of him dropping deep exactly playing like we did against City?

No you're right you can't really compare the two situations as Barca are a far more fluid team whereas we were set up to stay rigid and firm. I don't know, I guess over the years I have grown accustomed to Edens high standards and take his contribution for granted in many ways. I just want him to fullfill his potential whilst playing for us. A dream at best.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Well im not even 1% Belgium and i think most of the criticism he gets is truly ridiculous.

We all hold Hazard in high regard here and he isn't exactly recieving an insulting level of criticism. 

robsblubot likes this

48 minutes ago, DDA said:

We all hold Hazard in high regard here and he isn't exactly recieving an insulting level of criticism. 

When his mentality is questioned and claims he doesn't do enough purely because he's "only" scoring in the teens every season (amoungst other things) are ridiculously unfair and untrue. Constructive criticism on occasions is fine, but i have never seen a sheer volume of supporters try and play down a special player of their's the way we do with Hazard, ever!

Blue Armour, manpe and Amblève. like this

32 minutes ago, Tomo said:

When his mentality is questioned and claims he doesn't do enough purely because he's "only" scoring in the teens every season (amoungst other things) are ridiculously unfair and untrue. Constructive criticism on occasions is fine, but i have never seen a sheer volume of supporters try and play down a special player of their's the way we do with Hazard, ever!

My feelings and the feeling I get from some of the fans who are posting in here think that if he is criticised for his mentality (which is totaly fair in my opinion) then that person who is criticising is deemed crazy for thinking such. He is only being criticised for his goal contribution when measured against the very best in the World. His overall contribution as a footballer is second to none at league level. He is yet to truly deliver on the World stage (CL). I am sure there are few who can drag up something to prove me wrong.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

No just moronic nonsense like 'he could/should do more' with zero context or awareness of what transpired on Sunday. Stupidity runs deep at Chelsea, from the club itself right down to the supporters.

28 minutes ago, Styles said:

No just moronic nonsense like 'he could/should do more' with zero context or awareness of what transpired on Sunday. Stupidity runs deep at Chelsea, from the club itself right down to the supporters.

Says the guy who thinks the club will crumble when Hazard leaves!

Styles, DDA and 11Drogba like this

1 hour ago, DDA said:

My feelings and the feeling I get from some of the fans who are posting in here think that if he is criticised for his mentality (which is totaly fair in my opinion) then that person who is criticising is deemed crazy for thinking such. He is only being criticised for his goal contribution when measured against the very best in the World. His overall contribution as a footballer is second to none at league level. He is yet to truly deliver on the World stage (CL). I am sure there are few who can drag up something to prove me wrong.

I don't think a player who has carried us numerous times can have his mentality questioned. As for his goal record, he's the type of player that won't shoot unless the shots on, Luis Figo best tally for a season was 14 and he was never questioned.