Eden Hazard

the wes

And that highlights how shit the entire team was - but it is Mourinho who gets the flack for it.

Mourinho picks the players though. It's already obvious we only rely on Hazard in attack and good teams won't be beat by just 1 player.

Yesterday for the first 30 mins which we were in the game, everything happened from the left wing.

Mourinho picks the players though. It's already obvious we only rely on Hazard in attack and good teams won't be beat by just 1 player. Yesterday for the first 30 mins which we were in the game, everything happened from the left wing.

I agree but it doesn't help that our right wing of Ivanovic-Willian/Ramires is often an attacking (and defensive) abomination.

I agree but it doesn't help that our right wing of Ivanovic-Willian/Ramires is often an attacking (and defensive) abomination.

Yes, it is for this I blame Mourinho.

Chelsea should not be playing a RB who needs the RW to essentially play like a wing back. Or a winger who can't do anything in attack without the help of the fullback.

Yes, it is for this I blame Mourinho.

Chelsea should not be playing a RB who needs the RW to essentially play like a wing back. Or a winger who can't do anything in attack without the help of the fullback.

I blame the person who came up with the idea of playing Ramires at RW. It's been sticking ever since we played him there at Wolves in January 2012!

I blame the person who came up with the idea of playing Ramires at RW. It's been sticking ever since we played him there at Wolves in January 2013!

It has been an even longer time- that specific game was in January 2012!

Eden was not at fault against PSG... incredibly frustrating game to watch

PSG is an aggressive team and not in a good way.

The player frustrating me the most is Diego Costa though...too nonchalant and sometimes unprofessional behaviour... usually it's Cuadrado frustrating me, thank god he didn't play (I think?)...

I think Chelsea should buy.

there is no fault. We were playing another quality side - not to mention just as expensive. Drawing or even losing was always a possibility unless you were delusional like some around here are. :)

However, hazard was poor for me. Just like the other players in attack.

If opposition being physical, like psg are, is going to be a problem for hazard and our players then we are sure fucked!

there is no fault. We were playing another quality side - not to mention just as expensive. Drawing or even losing was always a possibility unless you were delusional like some around here are. :)

However, hazard was poor for me. Just like the other players in attack.

If opposition being physical, like psg are, is going to be a problem for hazard and our players then we are sure fucked!

I agree with the part of dealing with physicality. It's a real problem. The ball circulation is just far too slow. Most Chelsea midfielders are lightweights so if you're moving the ball around slowly, you give the opponent the opportunity to challenge you. And the lack of width is also a big problem. Have you noticed how this side rare switches play from one side to the other? I don't understand how stretching the opposition, attacking the flanks is pretty much never an option.

I disagree with Hazard being poor though. His options were very limited and everytime he had the ball, he was surrounded by PSG players. Impossible for him to just run through them. And when there were chances to combine and exchange some quick interplay, he rarely got the ball back. I thought he did very well under the circumstances, winning space for his team on quite a lot. He never let his head down either, he kept trying.

I find it very disappointing how the manager was not willing to take a defender off after the red card (after half-time). PSG were playing with Cavani up front and Matuidi close behind him. Matuidi off all people, the furthest thing of an attacker. And yet there were still 5, 6 players behind the ball in possession on Chelsea's side, heavily retreating when defending. I don't understand why Cahill or Ivanovic wasn't taken off for Remy, playng with three at the back. Matic right in front of the defence, with Fabregas and Ramires in midfield. Take off Oscar for Cuadrado. Cuadrado and Hazard out wide with Costa and Remy up top.

3 v 2 at the back, 3 v 3 in the middle, 4 v 4 up front. Keep the ball, hit them on the flanks and press them when you lose it. PSG would have no option but to sit deep and defend for the most part. They would never let Marquinhos and Maxwell face Hazard and Cuadrado on their own, forcing the PSG midfielders to move all over the place, which results into more space in the middle. PSG would hardly get a sniff at goal because of the huge amount of space they would have to cover with a man down.

tomorrow will be he's 400th official game in his career.

Some other players at the exact same age:

-Rooney 395

-raul 382

-cr7 374

-owen 334

-Giggs 325

-Messi 276

-Zidane 265

Am I the only one who finds this kind of worrying thinking of his physical condition after 30?

Am I the only one who finds this kind of worrying thinking of his physical condition after 30?

in the intervieuw were i got these numbers from they asked him if he would play thousand + pl games like Giggs did and he said "my body wont last that long"

in the intervieuw were i got these numbers from they asked him if he would play thousand + pl games like Giggs did and he said "my body wont last that long"

Well I'm pretty sure he's right...

Look how much Messi and Zidane were spared in their younger years. Owen probably played too much, since he now has the body of an 80-year old, and Rooney is exceptional because he's built like a buffalo... .