Eden Hazard

the wes

Think you need to watch it at a different angle. The goalkeeper and collins (don't know if got his name right ?) weren't in a position to cover the goal. There was 1 defender on the line and he shot it straight at him.

Hazard should have finished after he takes his first touch. Willian should have scored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYXTusrp66Q

Watch at minute 8. It's a different angle behind the goal and you can see that the goalkeeper and collins aren't able to cover the goal.

Bit annoyed with Hazard. Really wish he'd work on his shooting more and be more selfish and take the shot more often.

Lost count of the amount of times he gets himself into a good position and doesn't take the shot. When he finally does take the shot he usually hits it against the defender.

I think he's been amazing this season performance wise but his numbers read 14 goals & 8 assists in all competitions. While those are good numbers they could have been so much higher and they should be higher for a player of his quality.

This last game against West Ham he could have had 3 goals ( header goal, chance where he cuts inside 7 metres away from goal and hits 1 of the defenders(7min 20 in the video), 1 on 1 at the end) and 3 assists (Ramires hit the post, Ramires header, Costa 1 on 1) yet he 's left with 1 goal from that game.

It' s been a recurring thing this season, great performances but no goal or assist or just 1 goal or 1 assist while he could have had more.

This season he could have easily broken past the 20 goals and 10 assists mark already.

Really feel this should be the next step in his development, becoming more ruthless, more clinical.

I'm not really disputing the fact that Willian 'should' have scored this chance, merely stating my opinion that he was hardly facing an 'open goal' (as a number of people have claimed). Adrian and Collins ARE covering about 1/3 of the goal to Willian's left just as the shot is taken (both are recovering quickly) and Cresswell is covering the centre. Willian COULD have aimed further to the right-hand side, but if you do so when letting the ball run across your body onto your stronger foot you run the risk of missing the target outright. He could also have have blasted his shot, but there is always the chance of hitting it over the bar when you do this; side-footing the ball was the right option, but his mistake was that he was so focused upon hitting the target that he did not hit the shot with enough power to beat the covering defender.

I agree with everything you've said regarding Hazard, though; he's a brilliant player (currently one of the best in my opinion), but there is real room for improvement in this aspect of his game.

Watching it again only confirms my initial feeling. That was a goal.

Totally agree. I'm only now watching the match and with everyone saying he passed the ball to someone that was better positioned than him... I mean, am I blind or are people? Hazard had more chances to score the goal than willian. Hazard had the keeper ahead of him, Willian had two players trying to block his shot - which one of them did (Willian still should have scored though). But had you asked me who had more chances of scoring there? Hazard imo

He did the right thing, Willian was in an a lot better position and it was increadible how Willian can miss that goal.

I have more problems with for example the the minute 7:20 of that video when he needs to be a lot faster shooting with his right foot, that's a clear goal.

Anyway in this game he was increadible.

While i love his unselfish play, I dislike that he doesnt take responsibility and shot on goal. It was one on one and if there was Bale, Neymar,...they would take a shot and score probably.

He needs to become cool infront of goal and score. As our best player, we will need him to finish chances on his own. Cant rely on Wilian etc who are very weak finishers as we saw.

He needs to improve his mentality, take responsibility and do things instead of just attempt them. And he will be our leader.

Other than that, a brilliant little player, from pure footballig view best since Zola at bridge.

Surely people don't seriously believe passing to Willian (one of the most toothless players we've ever had) was great decision making when he's 1v1 vs the goalkeeper. Lampard, Didier, Messi, CR, Neymar etc take that shot, add another goal to their vast collection and put the game to bed.

Right, so I stumbled across this video and I think all of us Hazard fans should give it a look. Some fantastic goals that I HAVE NOT seen till now.

Some cracking finishes in his time at Lille. For many of the goals he scored, I was surprised (although I shouldn't be as he's a fabulous player) at how WELL he struck the ball.

It's odd cuz, in my opinion, I think that part of his game has slowly deteriorated in the last two seasons. I know there are gonna be some users who'll read this and be like, "oh people will find anything..." *Andy Tate voice* ... Dont care.

I mean look at his goals from his first season at Chelsea

He scored some real belters! My favourite being the last minute goal against Sparta.

He hasn't scored a goal like that in a while!!! I know it's not a big deal but it's something I've noticed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt9tDLsZtDE

Even his goals from last season. A lot of them were mistakes from the keeper after Eden's shot wasn't well struck.

It's definitely an area of his game that I think has gone downhill since joining. Probably THE only thing.. but it's worth noting and it ties to his finishing which still needs improving. If he is confident and strikes the ball well consistently, I don't think he'd think twice when in a position where he can score from or even test the keeper. That's why we haven't seen a crazy shot from Hazard in a long time. Really hope he can improve!! Good luck, Eden.

Delighted with the improvement this season, if he can improve again for next season, he will be truly unstoppable!

Sure his final third decision making is wonky sometimes - but the good thing is that he's getting there to make the decision.

It will come with time - I have no doubt of that, maybe Didier as a striker coach will give him some tips - I still love Didiers goal against Liverpool, control turn and boom 25 yd screamer :)

When Hazard adds consistent finishing to his game - he will be up there with Messi and Ronaldo

Right, so I stumbled across this video and I think all of us Hazard fans should give it a look. Some fantastic goals that I HAVE NOT seen till now.

Some cracking finishes in his time at Lille. For many of the goals he scored, I was surprised (although I shouldn't be as he's a fabulous player) at how WELL he struck the ball.

It's odd cuz, in my opinion, I think that part of his game has slowly deteriorated in the last two seasons. I know there are gonna be some users who'll read this and be like, "oh people will find anything..." *Andy Tate voice* ... Dont care.

I mean look at his goals from his first season at Chelsea

He scored some real belters! My favourite being the last minute goal against Sparta.

He hasn't scored a goal like that in a while!!! I know it's not a big deal but it's something I've noticed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt9tDLsZtDE

Even his goals from last season. A lot of them were mistakes from the keeper after Eden's shot wasn't well struck.

It's definitely an area of his game that I think has gone downhill since joining. Probably THE only thing.. but it's worth noting and it ties to his finishing which still needs improving. If he is confident and strikes the ball well consistently, I don't think he'd think twice when in a position where he can score from or even test the keeper. That's why we haven't seen a crazy shot from Hazard in a long time. Really hope he can improve!! Good luck, Eden.

His goal against man u, at the 3 minute mark of the 3rd video. Bent it around Rafael, what a beauty that was.

So the stats bear up, that Mourinho mentioned after the stoke game, and finally the journos take notice.It takes an eternity for players to get carded against him, and I wouldnt blame him for diving rather than try to stay on his feet everytime.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11456750/Why-Eden-Hazard-really-does-need-more-protection-from-referees-at-Chelsea.html

If you have google chrome, you can open the article in the incognito mode and read it for free.

The comments section is a cesspool ... for a moment I thought I was on youtube