test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

Although no player is greater than the club and this move has been on the cards for years now, it would still be heartbreaking to see Eden leave in his prime especially to those arrogant bastards who would boo him at the first given opportunity. Those pricks think it is their god given right to have all the best players in their team and they can treat them however the way they want. Fucking Real!

mccg, DDA, bigbluewillie and 1 other like this

Ronaldo and Messi completely ruined balon dor competition. Its all about goals now.

Or I should say the media and "fans" who dont see beyond goals.

Ronaldinho wasnt great goalscorer but he is among the best ever.

Eden could score 10 per season, as long he plays the way he plays now, he is one of finest players out there.

But media and "fans" wont see it unless he bangs 30 every season or joins real/barca. 

Mufassir08 likes this

9 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Although no player is greater than the club and this move has been on the cards for years now, it would still be heartbreaking to see Eden leave in his prime especially to those arrogant bastards who would boo him at the first given opportunity. Those pricks think it is their god given right to have all the best players in their team and they can treat them however the way they want. Fucking Real!

Yup...but if the latest quotes from his dad are right, then not sure how to feel that the only reason he'll stay is if Real don't bid for him. Makes this nothing more than a marriage of convenience. And it's these constant links and flirtation with Real that makes it kinda hard to get emotionally connected with Hazard, unlike with Terry, Lampard for instance. Will miss his quality and talent if he does leave but not sure if there's much else besides that.

DDA likes this

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Two contrasting statements there. One says he sees himself at Real, the other says he's open to options and is waiting to extend contract. Hmm, this is why twitter is unreliable. 

mccg likes this

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Two contrasting statements there. One says he sees himself at Real, the other says he's open to options and is waiting to extend contract. Hmm, this is why twitter is unreliable. 

Just now, It's too big said:

John Chapman is reliable with any thing related to Belgian football and he's practically said the same things as Kristof anyway. He just didn't expand on it. These might help...

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/12/29/16829156/eden-hazard-real-madrid-chelsea-round-eleventybillion?utm_campaign=weaintgotnohistory.sbnation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

http://www.lesoir.be/131525/article/2017-12-29/hazard-aurait-refuse-une-prolongation-de-contrat-chelsea-eden-se-verrait-bien-au

“What I can say about Eden is that he refused an extension of contract to be able, if necessary, to follow the interest of Real, where he would like to see himself. But, as I speak to you, there is no contact. Eden is only one of the parties to the contract.” -Thierry Hazard; source: Le Soir via

Google Translate

I think if Real Madrid begin one of their very public tapping up campaigns like they've done recently with the likes of De Gea and Bale, Hazard won't be able to resist. I feel like the only way we'll be able to keep him is if we actually show true ambition by signing world class players to actually compete with Europe's top clubs.

If he does go in the end we better absolutely bleed Real Madrid for a world record fee or close to it. Anything less than Neymar money and I'll be livid. He's irreplaceable by any single player we could buy. We'll have to bring in multiple great players to replace him.

Mufassir08, DDA and bigbluewillie like this

Anything else from bringing new top players and keeping Hazard (and Courtois) should be secondary in this club's priorities. So help us God... we can already see that 2018 will be tough.

I mean really, if you're Hazard and are seeing the level of player the club seems interested in signing, can you blame him for wanting out? While we should be shopping for the likes of the Pogba's, Griezmann's, and Dybala's of the world to take us to the next level we instead buy Zappacosta's and Drinkwater's.

If we sign big time players and make Hazard the highest paid player in the PL I think he would stay. 

DDA, Fernando, jernej93 and 1 other like this

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I mean really, if you're Hazard and are seeing the level of player the club seems interested in signing, can you blame him for wanting out? While we should be shopping for the likes of the Pogba's, Griezmann's, and Dybala's of the world to take us to the next level we instead buy Zappacosta's and Drinkwater's.

If we sign big time players and make Hazard the highest paid player in the PL I think he would stay. 

Lol we had our chances for this. Time for people to let it go, we won't be signing much until the summer if anything then as well. Can't wait to see the club sell Hazard and use that money to cover our entire summer budget. 

BlueSunshine likes this

I remember Verratti too talking about leaving, considering his options, blah blah, and after PSG bought what they've bought, those talks silenced.

We bringing 3 top class players + Zidane's sacking + Real's need for big money striker (Kane) + us demanding 200+ millions + Isco and Bale still in squad (players playing in Eden's position(s)) + Hazard settled in London = this all COULD equal to him staying at least.

On the other side... if they sell Bale I think it's done. They automatically gain 60-70 millions, and one spot in first XI opens up.

EDIT: We must pull some Dybala + Sandro type of deal, and not ask for a price.

Mufassir08 and Leif like this

'but Hazard to Madrid is a fabrication, it's never been said, there's never been any signs, i don't know why idiots still talk about it'

I had faith in you guys...

72bc0d7523df607fc51551b34b523fd7--eden-h

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You're right to say the club lack ambition but let's not pretend that is the main reason Hazard, supposedly, wants out. He's been flirting with Real in interviews, long before our lack of ambition became apparent. Ronaldo was at one of the biggest clubs, if not the biggest, in the world 9-10 years ago and was pretty much winning trophies every season but that didn't stop him from leaving for Real, did it?

Another thing to keep in mind is that it'll be a World Cup summer. If we were to sell Hazard, any top class players we'd be after that perform well at the World Cup would probably see their prices skyrocket even more in an already crazy market.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is the problem. He has given us season after season to company him with World Class talent and even though there has been the odd top talent brought in.. he has also seen many top talents go. He has won the Premier League with us and he will now ultimately want to win the Champions League. If he can't see us doing that, which at the moment he probably can't then you can see why he wants to leave for Madrid. 

We definitely need to fleece Madrid for a huge amount of money. This needs to be a World record fee.

Then we need to get some serious players in with that money. Griezmann, Sanchez, Dybala, Telles, Sandro ... whoever but as long as we get somebody.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

You're right to say the club lack ambition but let's not pretend that is the main reason Hazard, supposedly, wants out. He's been flirting with Real in interviews, long before our lack of ambition became apparent. Ronaldo was at one of the biggest clubs, if not the biggest, in the world 9-10 years ago and was pretty much winning trophies every season but that didn't stop him from leaving for Real, did it?

I agree with this, but CR and Hazard are different persons. Ronaldo went to Real in the first place for glory, for glamour. Eden Hazard is not a prick like CR. :)

Mufassir08 likes this

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

True, it's not the only reason he'll want out. But surely ambition in the market will play a big role. He knows that he'll always be surrounded by talent that's on his level and that Real Madrid will always attract world class players. He won't have that burden of having to carry a whole team there and maybe that's what he wants.

Conversely, maybe being the main man here and him having a young, settled family in London will work in our favor. I hope so.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yup...but if the latest quotes from his dad are right, then not sure how to feel that the only reason he'll stay is if Real don't bid for him. Makes this nothing more than a marriage of convenience. And it's these constant links and flirtation with Real that makes it kinda hard to get emotionally connected with Hazard, unlike with Terry, Lampard for instance. Will miss his quality and talent if he does leave but not sure if there's much else besides that.

Yup but lets not pretend that Lamps, JT and Drogs never had their little periods of flirtations with other clubs. Sure Eden has been linked with Real since the birth of Jesus but it does not mean Eden is not emotionally attached to this club or the fans and the fact that Real is literally the only club he would be willing to listen to speaks volumes about his commitment especially given the fact that he idolizes Zidane, a Real Madrid legend. If he does leave, it'll be such a pity because he genuinely is en route to become a bonafide legend of the club in the same breath as the likes of Drogba, JT and Lamps.  

El P. likes this