Eden Hazard

the wes

Because he's wrong. His opinion is wrong.

There are no wrong opinions...just reasonable and stupid ones.

There is also no good or bad, right or wrong. Its people who decide those things and whats popular. Majority wins, minority loses. But its not always they are wrong. Its power of masses.

What's the bullying tactics thats been going on recently on this forum. Can't posters have their own opinion and different perspective on things. Isnt that the whole purpose of a forum, to discuss and debate all things football related.

If gilvorak thinks hazard's performance level has dropped and needs to do more that's his opinion and should never be criticised for it. This forum is full of bandwagoners and superfans with the maturity of a 9 year old.

If you disagree with a post, argue your point and show why you think they are wrong instead of ganging up and attacking the poster.

Its only on this forum where having a different opinion equals trolling and trying to be controversial. It's getting ridiculous.

This is not even the worst forum I've been in. This place is a peaceful serene place compared to some, I've been to 1 forum where you get negged by hundreds of Nike-like posters simply because they don't like what you say. At least this forum is a like only forum..

You are right though, good point :)

Eden Hazard nearing £200,000-a-week Chelsea deal Belgian midfielder close to becoming Chelsea's highest-paid player

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11300360/Eden-Hazard-nearing-200000-a-week-Chelsea-deal.html

Yay I was getting worried that there was no news on this front.

Yay I was getting worried that there was no news on this front.

No reason to be worried. Chelsea is in the transition to becoming of the of clubs on the level with Bayern, Real, Barcelona, Man United and given that the PL is the biggest league in the world in terms of exposure and the exposure is only growing I would imagine that players will trying to get to the PL as quick as possible.

For example, NBCsports paid 250 million dollars for the PL rights for 3 years in the States. In comparison the US domestic league, MLS, got 90 million for 8 years.

When the bidding comes up for the PL soon I'm estimating that a 4 year deal would probably command $500 to $600 million dollars, and I could be underselling it. It's not going to be long when TV companies are paying over a billion dollars to broadcast a league that's not even domestic.

If he signs that 5 years deal I think that is done with PSG/Madrid rumor. No way he will be signing with either of them in the near future. Who knows though, he wins best player in the world in 3 years and Madrid decide to offer James+Bale for him or something :ph34r:

I think its a shared opinion that he will go to Madrid and is not a surprise to anyone.

I've always said as long as we get 5-6 years out of him before he moves on I'll be absolutely fine with that knowing that Madrid will pay through the roof for him.

Why 2020, when he'll be only 29, still looks too early? I wanted him to stay forever. Can't we offer him a 10-year deal at least? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Seriously now, great piece of business. He's worthy every little penny he earns. I haven't been posting in this thread as much as I should - especially to retract my comments about his development earlier in the season. I'm the hardest on him because I think he's years light in terms of talent and ceiling compared to any other player we have. But to say I'm the happiest with his development at this point is amazing.

I had major concerns about his attitude (not only his btw) earlier this season and I thought maybe that would detract him from reaching the heights his talent could take him to. But he proved my concerns to be unfounded, with all the lightheartedness that will always be part of him (and which I love, tbh), there's been a determination too.

While I agreed with people he needed to improve his finishing, I was the most elated that he was taking the shots in the first place. There's only one way to improve finishing (and we all know he has a nice finishing, he was just going through a bad moment) and that's training and shooting in the matches. I don't know if he stays after training sessions practicing his shots (he should, that helped Cris a lot, and he still does it), but I felt like he just needed to overcome a block. He's been scoring now nonstop and while his finishing is better than it's been showing (the goal against Derby just shows he has a better finishing), he's scoring. I don't need him to score a lot, I need him to work on his game and that he's been doing. He's going to be 24 next month, he's got time to improve his finishing.

His decision making improved greatly - another area I felt needed serious improvement. He's going for the link up, dribbles, and shots at the right moment and all of that without losing the joy of having some flashy links up with Oscar and Cesc. He's having fun, which I think is also very important to help a player develop because it means they aren't feeling the pressure.

I think he's in route to become of the best players in the world, like very, very, very top, between the five best, not only in terms of talent and potential (one could argue he was already there in those aspects), but in terms of results. He's starting to decide matches for us routinely and not only once in a while. That's what big players do that many talented players can't ever deliver. They take issues into their hands, they win the matches and Hazard has been winning matches for us in a direct way. Many here already thought he was indirectly winning them earlier in the season when he was part of the goals we've scored early when the play started. That's nice (and even true), but to take the next step in his development curve he needed to be the guy who assists or who scores. He needed to be the guy that creates clear cut chances or that has a lot more shots for us, even if those don't end up in goals. He needed to be directly involved for the team to feel when things were tight and hard, he'd solve them. I think he's there. This season is definitely going to be the season he'll score the most for us from open play, I'm positive about it. He's becoming more direct and more decisive and that's why I think we should really reward him with a fat monthly check.

Jose Mourinho: Eden Hazard 'will sign a new deal' and become a Chelsea legend - so long as he wins titles

Jose Mourinho today backed Eden Hazard to become an all-time Chelsea great – as long as he helps the club win silverware.

As Standard Sport first revealed in March, Hazard is set to sign a new contract worth £200,000-a-week to extend his stay at Stamford Bridge.

Hazard has made a huge impact at the club since joining from Lille for £32m in 2012 and his performances has attracted interest from Paris Saint Germain and Real Madrid.

But Mourinho has confirmed he will be staying at Chelsea for the long-term and has what it takes to become a legend for the club.

Mourinho said: “Eden will sign a new deal. I was never worried about it. Since the moment I met his father and everything was very clear about their intention and their happiness to stay with Chelsea.

“After that it becomes a numbers situation. When that happens, I’m more than happy to be out but my club has told me the situation will finish with a new contract.

“I was never worried about that. I think he can be one of the all-time greats. But no player can be considered a legend in the club without winning titles. He has to do that.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-eden-hazard-will-sign-a-new-deal-and-become-a-chelsea-legend--so-long-as-he-wins-titles-9935928.html

:blue scalf:

I think its a shared opinion that he will go to Madrid and is not a surprise to anyone.

I've always said as long as we get 5-6 years out of him before he moves on I'll be absolutely fine with that knowing that Madrid will pay through the roof for him.

Only if we have a great player coming up after him.

Just like we did with Mata and David Luiz.

We thought they was going to stay here forever, but we found better players.

If Hazard does good for the next 3 years and by then we have somebody that can challenge then yes we would sell him.

But if he's our best player in the team, then there's no way we will sell him.