test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

8,503 posts in this topic

I'm not going to forge an opinion until Lampard tells us what is going on.

If he was told he is not a starter and his first reaction is to leave for Arsenal, then that is really disappointing.

Vesper likes this

13 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Well, this is a massive shock to be honest. Don't know what else to say

we are Chels

nothing shocks me

:cig:

well,

selling Donkeywater for £20m and Donkeybaka for £30m would

58 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm genuinely curious about his passing statistics from last season because his passing can be hit-and-miss a lot!

ynOgiLCRTs2vk63Lh30g_Capture.jpeg

This season is gonna give me diabetes if I have to watch zouma and Andreas back pass Christensen. 

Fucking hell, Rudigers ok but we won't replace Luiz. Those balls to Pedro were sublime. 

If arsenal get him we are fucked. Any too 4 chances are slim AS WE ARE. Fucking Pepe and Luiz for arsenal 😥

This season is going to depress me. 

It should be very simple to replace Chelsea(CL)  with Arsenal (LE)  on a daily date .

tenor.gif?itemid=5763044

Rudiger > Luiz last season .

I'm finding this strange why David luiz wants to go to arsenal if Arsenal hasn't put in a bid for him or else he's been tapped up by arsenal :blink::blink:

A lot of Arsenal fans stating the move is happening. If we actually go in to this season with 3 fit out and out CB in Zouma, Christensen and Tomori, I am just going to give up. Lamps, don't be so stupid to accept this. People can mock him. This clearly strengthens Arsenal and weakens us. Used to thought Arsenal were mugs in transfer windows. If this happens, the team who the crown goes to is an obvious one... :doh:

Supermonkey92 likes this

We have Rudiger (our best defender) Christensen , Zouma and Tomori and Azpiliceta can play CB .

Sell .

Luiz dont want to be a CHELSEA player - then bye . 

Vesper and the wes like this

Am hoping Lampard can get rid of the bad smell that's been around our football club for a while hazard gone, hopefully Luiz aswell. All that's really left then is sell Willian, best thing imo. 

Alabama and the wes like this

Look it seems he doesnt want to be here, rather get rid then than keep him. We need a united front, a unit ready to pull the same way, he aint cool with that it seems. Yeah it MIGHT give them something they miss but he aint exactly a superb defender no more. Brazillian players man, trouble makers when you dont need it the most. Fuck it let him go, it is what it is.

the wes likes this

25 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

What on earth are we doing?! Know he has his crazy moments but why we selling to Arsenal. Not like we can replace him. 

Lamps probably isn't eager to keep an unhappy player and would rather invest more energy into Tomori, who definitely isn't going on loan now if this happens. On one side it's lol that arsenal are looking at Luiz to strengthen their defence, but the sad part is that he actually would, he is better than anything they've got. I was pissed when I first read about this, but thinking about it we will have plenty of options - Rüdiger, Zouma, AC, Tomori, Reece. All have sick potential, everybody will need to compete and no-one will feel entitled to an automatic starting place (bar maybe Rüdiger, but he will have to fight for it like everybody else after the injury).

Luiz is past it and a defensive liability. His passing is not a necessity, most teams don't have anybody nearly as good as him in that regard, this can be worked around with different approaches. Personally I would like to see now Rüdiger Christensen partnership, who complement each other quite well, have nose for defending and are comfortable on the ball. Zouma is crude on the ball and Tomori inexperienced, I don't think as a whole package they are better than those two. I'm really hoping to see AC now grab this chance and take that leap forward in his career, would justifiably reward his patience.

Atomiswave likes this

The epitome of the hot and cold footballer sublime one minute reckless the next. I've no problem seeing players celebrate against they're old clubs especially if the opposition are giving them stick. But it does stick in my craw the way he celebrated against us when he scored for PSG. I don't particularly think he'll be a massive success at Arsenal so if he wants to go let him.

petre.ispirescu likes this

Lamps telling Luiz he is not first choice being the reason for DL leaving is plausible. After his shitshow in pre-season, you can understand Lamps's decision. Also the kind of ruthlessness we need. DL not being content with being 3rd choice is something we should respect. but not that he is pushing this hard this late for a move. He could have decided to stay and fight for his place. Also smart not to loan out Tomori yet. We will need him now. Lets hope this situation does not come back to bite us. I do not fear DL at Arsenal. Their defence has always beens suspect and replacing Koscielny with Luiz is a hell of a downgrade. The only thing we will miss as a tactical weapon is obviously Luiz's ability to play long range passes. Lets hope our other CBs get comfortable doing that. If not I have seen how Barkley and Mount drop deep at times, like Lamps himself did to open up the play with long diagonals. I am not sure this is better than doing so with a player less in behind and having more attacking option for the CB to pick out but we will see.

I am not saying that Luiz's long balls are a myth but hey, don't act as if he was a new Pirlo. For one quality long range pass he had 8 awful ones resulting in a goal kick. And that is something I could really live without.