test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

8,504 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Stats said:

WOW. Grow the fuck up. We are through to the final ffs. You would think we lost the game judging by your reaction. He was at fault for the goal, but what shows a mental strength of a player is the way they recover. He was top notch after that. He won so many aerial challenges, especially there long set pieces they kept launching into the box and also made that pivotal clearance at the end. The BT Sport pundits also recognized he was at fault for the goal but lead by example after that. I am not denying he is error prone but imo he has been key to our play this season. We have kept 15 clean sheets in the league. The third most in the league and that is quite impressive, considering some of those clean sheets were against big teams too. And yes, I think a lot of the clean sheets was pivotally because of Luiz. He had MOTM performances in many of them. 

"Grow the fuck up"? Will that help in Luiz suddenly becoming a decent defender?

Also let me tell something to the apparent "grown ups" here, we could have lost the opportunity to be in the final because of one man - David Luiz. 

No amount of winning aerial challenges was going to correct the blunder for his absolute blunder. He is a defender, the breed who can do 99 right things, but WILL and should be judged on the 1 howler because that one howler simply and totally changes the game. Just like it did yesterday and just like it has done multiple times this season and each season where this moron has been a defender. 

His perceived and apparent MOTM performances must have been in some other virtual reality because th guy just got an extension and reading by the comments on here, I don't think I am the only one pissed with it, or do we all need to do some "growing up"?

Atomiswave likes this

So this is what we have come to. Breaking club policies for shit, bang average players and liabilities like Luiz. 

It's going to be a long long 2 years.

3 hours ago, Henrique said:

lol

@Jason @DDA will be pissed. 2 more years of Geezer. 2 more years of games like last night: going from the ridiculous to the sublime in the space of 90 minutes. 

Haha. I actually like Luiz and am glad he has signed the contract but he should be used as a squad player not on the starting eleven for every game.

Henrique likes this

12 minutes ago, DDA said:

Haha. I actually like Luiz and am glad he has signed the contract but he should be used as a squad player not on the starting eleven for every game.

This. I like Luiz a lot and I see how important he is to Sarri's strategy. That being said, he shouldn't be a guaranteed starter every single game throughout the season. Christensen needs to step up his game cause this season he has been miles off Luiz's level. Maybe Zouma will come back and offer some competition but he's of course completely different type of player than Luiz and frankly I'm a little worried about his ability on the ball.

Even if we can get transfer ban postponed, any CB that is even near Luiz's quality on the ball will cost 50-100 million euros and so I'm not sure if the club wants to go that route.

Just now, the wes said:

With luiz signing a new deal that will stop Fikayo Tomori breaking in the squad or less we sell AC 

Cahill is leaving. So that leaves his spot open for someone and it won't be wise to have Azpi play two roles in the squad. 

30 minutes ago, DDA said:

If that turns out to be the case, then I'm fine with it but Luiz seems to be a Sarri favorite and I'm sure he will remain as first choice, especially if we can't sign anyone. 

33 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

This. I like Luiz a lot and I see how important he is to Sarri's strategy. That being said, he shouldn't be a guaranteed starter every single game throughout the season. Christensen needs to step up his game cause this season he has been miles off Luiz's level. Maybe Zouma will come back and offer some competition but he's of course completely different type of player than Luiz and frankly I'm a little worried about his ability on the ball.

Even if we can get transfer ban postponed, any CB that is even near Luiz's quality on the ball will cost 50-100 million euros and so I'm not sure if the club wants to go that route.

Exactly. At present, Luiz is still along with Rudiger one of our best two central defenders. During pre-season or sometime next season Sarri may look at someone else within our squad and decide otherwise or a player hits their stride to become first choice in a similar way to RLC and CHO this season.

But there is no guarantee of this, and whilst he is still first choice and trusted by the manager, it seems foolish to not retain his services.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

If that turns out to be the case, then I'm fine with it but Luiz seems to be a Sarri favorite and I'm sure he will remain as first choice, especially if we can't sign anyone. 

Unfortunately, I think you could be right. Sarri is seeing the mistakes he makes, so it must be his ability to pass and his chatacter that he likes.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Cahill is leaving. So that leaves his spot open for someone and it won't be wise to have Azpi play two roles in the squad. 

I think ampadu already has that spot on a lock down.

7 hours ago, DDA said:

Unfortunately, I think you could be right. Sarri is seeing the mistakes he makes, so it must be his ability to pass and his chatacter that he likes.

And that is why Cahill hasn't gotten a look-in for the starting XI.

6 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I think ampadu already has that spot on a lock down.

Maybe. IIRC, he got injured some time back and since then, he has like disappeared from the face of the earth.

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

We have no choise... we still have the ban shit thing...

I disagree we could have went into the new season with Rudi Zouma AC Tomori the selected cb's for the squad 

xPetrCechx likes this

16 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

"Grow the fuck up"? Will that help in Luiz suddenly becoming a decent defender?

Also let me tell something to the apparent "grown ups" here, we could have lost the opportunity to be in the final because of one man - David Luiz. 

No amount of winning aerial challenges was going to correct the blunder for his absolute blunder. He is a defender, the breed who can do 99 right things, but WILL and should be judged on the 1 howler because that one howler simply and totally changes the game. Just like it did yesterday and just like it has done multiple times this season and each season where this moron has been a defender. 

His perceived and apparent MOTM performances must have been in some other virtual reality because th guy just got an extension and reading by the comments on here, I don't think I am the only one pissed with it, or do we all need to do some "growing up"?

Go back and read the nature of your post and look how pathetic you sound. It is embarrassing. Minus the football comments, the rest of the post is out of order and OTT. Then you might see why I said you need growing up.