David Luiz

the wes

it makes me laugh whenever people say Luiz is a liability ect i really dont see how Luiz makes any more mistakes than any top defender in Europe! Pique, Pepe, Ramos, Ivanovic, Terry, Kompany, Hummels ect have all made mistakes this season! but difference is when Luiz makes a mistake everyone will come out and say 'Luiz cant defend' 'Luiz is a liabiilty' and all that rubbish!

Luiz has been class for months, and has been defending brilliantly and i guarantee the next mistake Luiz makes in defence everyone will come out again and say the same things 'Luiz cant defend' ect! that for me is just another one of those football myths that David Luiz is a liability! when in actual fact he is a top class defender/midfielder.

Exactly, i remember Terry (vs Arsenal), Ivanovic (vs Swansea) and Alex (vs West Brom) make worse mistakes than Luiz has ever had, i don't want to think what would happen if Luiz made any of those 3 error's.

That isn't true at all, Luiz was very solid at the start of the season when him and JT were our starting CBs which saw us go to the top of the league. Luiz's has had a good, solid season overall, it's just in the last few months where he's really picked it up and shown everyone what he can be. He's been our most solid defender from day one this season.

Our defense was terrible under Di Matteo even though we were top of the league. Luiz at the start of the season is nothing like Luiz after Christmas. He was making so many mistakes at defense; the games against Athletico, United..etc come to mind.

He was an absolute beast under Ancelotti when we first signed him, first 2 months he was a class act, a lot better than he was now tbh.

Those first two months is what made me fall in love with Luiz to begin with. Never have I seen a CB so technically prudent, matched with the aggressiveness in his tackle and determination to win the ball back. I really thought then he would be the best CB in the world one day, simply because he's so unorthodox. Even my United and Arsenal mates were excited about his potential.

Even though he went through his rough patches, I never gave up on him, told people to keep the faith because he still has the potential to be one of the best under the right manager, under the right circumstances etc. but people failed to look past a young player's mistakes and kept focussing on his weaknesses instead of thinking outside the box.

I'm very happy that Luiz is proving everyone who doubted him wrong, he's done it throughout his whole life. As you said, he's still got a lot more to show, and we'll see that over the next couple of seasons. I've always said it from day one till now, defended him through his rough patch... This guy will be a special, special player. It's scary to think he's only turned 26 considering CBs reach their best years at around 28/29/30. We've got a great player on our hands.

Our defense was terrible under Di Matteo even though we were top of the league. Luiz at the start of the season is nothing like Luiz after Christmas. He was making so many mistakes at defense; the games against Athletico, United..etc come to mind.

Can you please give me a list of the "many mistakes" he made? You're over exaggerating. He made a few, but they weren't many, and overall his performances back then were still good, he was still our best CB then.

Our defence wasn't as organised as it is now for sure, but you can't blame Luiz for that, it was more down to the way RDM set up the team. One thing I will give Rafa credit for is that defensively we look a lot more sturdier, and due to the way we set up defensively, Luiz, even Cahill and Ivanovic (who both made more mistakes than Luiz at the start of the season) haven't made as many mistakes as they did back then.

even Cahill and Ivanovic (who both made more mistakes than Luiz at the start of the season) haven't made as many mistakes as they did back then.

Honestly, I think Cahill has improved on not making mistakes maybe even more than Luiz. Just not as noticeable because an error free Cahill is still not on the same plane as a few error Luiz

It would be criminal for opposition pressing to consistently go as far as pressing the opponents CBs. Having a player like Luiz at the back who also has the attributes of a midfield playmaker is such a big threat as opponents can press or not press at there peril. Either way it would leave gaps to be exploited or give a player like Luiz the freedom to cause havoc.

Honestly, I think Cahill has improved on not making mistakes maybe even more than Luiz. Just not as noticeable because an error free Cahill is still not on the same plane as a few error Luiz

I agree, I said in that same post that I think the credit of our defenders making fewer mistakes in general goes to Rafa, who's set up our team a lot better defensively than RDM did.

It would be criminal for opposition pressing to consistently go as far as pressing the opponents CBs. Having a player like Luiz at the back who also has the attributes of a midfield playmaker is such a big threat as opponents can press or not press at there peril. Either way it would leave gaps to be exploited or give a player like Luiz the freedom to cause havoc.

Exactly this!

Can you please give me a list of the "many mistakes" he made? You're over exaggerating. He made a few, but they weren't many, and overall his performances back then were still good, he was still our best CB then.

Our defence wasn't as organised as it is now for sure, but you can't blame Luiz for that, it was more down to the way RDM set up the team. One thing I will give Rafa credit for is that defensively we look a lot more sturdier, and due to the way we set up defensively, Luiz, even Cahill and Ivanovic (who both made more mistakes than Luiz at the start of the season) haven't made as many mistakes as they did back then.

Here: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/13527-04-david-luiz/page-60

From around that page to about 30 pages after that you can read all about the bad start to the season Luiz had and all the mistakes he made are listed as well. Funny, I was often on the defending side of Luiz because I thought, and still think that he can become a world class defender. But there is no point pretending that he was off form at the start of the season.

Exactly this!

As I said in another thread: there are a LOT of resemblances between Kompany and Luiz. We ar blessed to gave a CB with his technical capabilities and physical attributes.

The sceptics will review their opinion in time. He is a world beater CB in my book.

Very true... Its just funny how he seems to be our best defender and our best pivot midfielder too in my opinion. We really need a top DM to exploit luiz full tallents.

Here: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/13527-04-david-luiz/page-60

From around that page to about 30 pages after that you can read all about the bad start to the season Luiz had and all the mistakes he made are listed as well. Funny, I was often on the defending side of Luiz because I thought, and still think that he can become a world class defender. But there is no point pretending that he was off form at the start of the season.

I've skimmed through and it's more people scapegoating Luiz for our bad defensive performances rather than him getting criticised for his individual defensive mistakes, which was my point - he was still our best defender back then.

I've skimmed through and it's more people scapegoating Luiz for our bad defensive performances rather than him getting criticised for his individual defensive mistakes, which was my point - he was still our best defender back then.

Well, I disagree. I distinctly remember him making a lot of mistakes in some games back then. Anyway, I'm not even sure what we are arguing about, after that he has been steadily getting better and better and has been one of our best players overall this season.