David Luiz

the wes

I wish we would have subbed him out earlier, I want him to be in full form when he plays United!

I feel like a lot of times it is Luiz's form that makes or breaks our team, do you guys ever get that feeling as well?

I think he's become one of our most important players and one of the leaders of the team, and I'm delighted to have been proved wrong on almost everything I said about him. In terms of leadership, he's simply grown and grown in stature but also matured a little bit. His performance last night was one of restraint without becoming a passenger in the team.

As a defender he isn't perfect but he seems to have shown an amazing ability to work on his weaknesses. We still need someone alongside him who is a bit more no-nonsense (JT at Old Trafford I suspect) but I'm really excited to see him next season with better protection in front of him.

In my mind, he's still a CB and pushing him into midfield is simply a matter of necessity. If we had suitable midfield cover then he'd be at centre-back every game, but at the moment we have players who can play CB without us losing too much which affords us the chance to use him in midfield.

If we had suitable midfield cover then he'd be at centre-back every game

I agree, with a good CDM who has the vision and discipline to effectively cover Luiz whever he makes his bursts forward, that's when I see Luiz most deadly and effective---I think in that case he's even more dangerous offensively than he is as a CDM, because the defense doesn't know what to do with him.

That's why choosing our CDM(s?) this summer is p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ the most essential thing we do over the summer if we want to succeed next season.

This place used to be swarmed with anti-Luiz's.

Where are you guys now? Typical blind fans who cannot look past their own nose.

Give it a rest. He's greatly improved as a player but he was a liability at times. He should be commended for his ability to learn from his mistakes and grow as a player.

That doesn't make those fans who criticised him 'blind', although you don't miss a chance to insult people. Maybe you should use David as an example of how to improve upon weaknesses and be less insulting.

Give it a rest. He's greatly improved as a player but he was a liability at times. He should be commended for his ability to learn from his mistakes and grow as a player.

That doesn't make those fans who criticised him 'blind', although you don't miss a chance to insult people. Maybe you should use David as an example of how to improve upon weaknesses and be less insulting.

So people who wanted him to be sold and are now cheering for him as if he is their favorite player....are what?

So people who wanted him to be sold and are now cheering for him as if he is their favorite player....are what?

Chelsea supporters? Capable of admitting that he's improved?

I know plenty of people who have been going to the Bridge for years who had doubts over him and thought that if Barce came in with a £30 million bid then it might make sense to cut our losses. Please, you tell me what you think those people are?

Chelsea supporters? Capable of admitting that he's improved?

I know plenty of people who have been going to the Bridge for years who had doubts over him and thought that if Barce came in with a £30 million bid then it might make sense to cut our losses. Please, you tell me what you think those people are?

I already told you. It's people who cannot see potential. They look at a game, see one rough tackle or whatnot by Luiz and then go nuts on the forums.

I always thought, why do people get so upset when Luiz did something like a rough tackle whilst having a captain who is not exacly known for always being a calm figure. That is pure double standard.

I already told you. It's people who cannot see potential. They look at a game, see one rough tackle or whatnot by Luiz and then go nuts on the forums.

I always thought, why do people get so upset when Luiz did something like a rough tackle whilst having a captain who is not exacly known for always being a calm figure. That is pure double standard.

It wasn't rough tackles that were the problem, but complete brain farts when he'd cause us to concede a goal or put us under pressure.

The fact that he's cut that out of his game is something he should be given massive credit for.

It wasn't rough tackles that were the problem, but complete brain farts when he'd cause us to concede a goal or put us under pressure.

The fact that he's cut that out of his game is something he should be given massive credit for.

This. He deserves huge credit for his form of late, been truly excellent. But his form up that point was poor, he lacked basics and his decision was rank poor.

There is no shame in admitting you are wrong when judging a player, I called for him to be dropped and I am glad I have been proved wrong, I hold my hands up.

Including all friendlies, internationals, etc. He has played the most of all the outfield players with 5275 minutes this season. Cech has 5745 minutes. Ramires and Hazard 4950 and Mata and Oscar around 4550. Long season.

* numbers from Transfermarkt.co.uk