David Luiz

the wes

My favorite player right now from Chelsea.

He keeps getting better and better each year.

And I agreed with Terry in the past when he said that DL could be next captain.

Even though Cech usually gets it after Lampard and Terry, he does not gives me the excitement and passion that DL does.

One of the best buy in the Carlo era. Thank you Carlo for DL. B)

You haven't played football, have you? The toughest thing for a football player is discipline. And I'm talking about the forward runs but also about the aggressiveness in defense (in his first year here, Luiz had given away more pens than any other player in the league) as well as wandering off a and chasing strikers to the half-way line. I hardly think the previous managers were encouraging David to do that.

Being originally from Brazil, I've played plenty of football (not professionally I'm happy to say)... :) I've played with excellent players, like Ronaldinho, and others well known in Brazil only (Carlos Miguel, Danrley, Jamir).

Don't see the relevance myself though - Mourinho never played much himself.

Let's just say I couldn't disagree more with the following statatement: "The toughest thing for a football player is discipline." The toughest thing for a football player is technique. Technique comes first. Only when technique is good we can begin talking about other aspects, physical and mental. Of course a good player must be well rounded, but technique is king. We prob should stop now, because this is a very fundamental disagreement.