Roman Abramovich Thread

Like a week ago he was all smiling after Porto game, remember ? I feel that he was pressed the last couple of days by 'objective circumstances'. I don't know, for me he seemed happy and enjoying his club, enjoying working with Jose but there was too much to loose maybe ? Someone talked him through and he realized in how deep shit we are ?

It must have been VERY hard decision. Remember when Ancelotti was sacked minutes after Everton game, RDM straight after they came back from Turin, AVB, Scolari the very next day after the defeat and Jose first time around in the night after the Rosenborg game ?

It looks like it was deep-thought, hard decision after a lot of conversation. He was hit by 'objective circumstances' as I said.

Like a week ago he was all smiling after Porto game, remember ? I feel that he was pressed the last couple of days by 'objective circumstances'. I don't know, for me he seemed happy and enjoying his club, enjoying working with Jose but there was too much to loose maybe ? Someone talked him through and he realized in how deep shit we are ?

It must have been VERY hard decision. Remember when Ancelotti was sacked minutes after Everton game, RDM straight after they came back from Turin, AVB, Scolari the very next day after the defeat and Jose first time around in the night after the Rosenborg game ?

It looks like it was deep-thought, hard decision after a lot of conversation. He was hit by 'objective circumstances' as I said.

Maybe Emenalo and that chick pressured him. He did criticize them tbh. The whole board can fuck off. I'm not mad at Roman though. Like you said, he did seem happy.

I honestly wish we had Sheikh Mansour as an owner instead of Roman, rational owner who is not short sighted just look at City they have overtaken us in every aspect of football be it Stadium, Revenue, fan appeal, youth football, training ground because they have a rational owner unlike Abramovich

I have read on twitter that some fans will boo Abramovich and the board i hope that's not true.

At the board maybe but not Roman.

Anyhow the bad atmosphere at Chelsea only last for a little while. It's not like in Italy or other countries where hundreds park outside and are protesting and all that.

We will eventually forget about everything as soon as we start winning and playing good.

The fact that Mutual Consent to terminate was agreed, would indicate it was a pretty decent meeting, you don't often reach that conclusion - trust me!

Abramovich is in a no win situation don't act - criticism, act - criticism

Such is the fickle nature of life - only time will tell if he chose the correct criticism to be subjected too!

I honestly wish we had Sheikh Mansour as an owner instead of Roman, rational owner who is not short sighted just look at City they have overtaken us in every aspect of football be it Stadium, Revenue, fan appeal, youth football, training ground because they have a rational owner unlike Abramovich

I hear what you're saying, but don't be silly, now. What Roman has given to this club simply can't be expressed in words.

Roman gave the fans what they were clamouring for, you can't blame him if it didn't turn out as planned. Maybe now, he and the board will start making decisions based on rationale and nothing more.

You want a manager who has a reputation of being a winner, whose teams play good football and who has a history of trusting young players. If that's what you want, then it's that or nothing. We can't make any compromises anymore and hoping the shoe eventually fits. We had a chance to tick all those boxes with Klopp, but failed to act swiftly.

Roman gave the fans what they were clamouring for, you can't blame him if it didn't turn out as planned. Maybe now, he and the board will start making decisions based on rationale and nothing more.

You want a manager who has a reputation of being a winner, whose teams play good football and who has a history of trusting young players. If that's what you want, then it's that or nothing. We can't make any compromises anymore and hoping the shoe eventually fits. We had a chance to tick all those boxes with Klopp, but failed to act swiftly.

Dortmund finished 7th in the league in Klopp's last season and were down the bottom for a bit too. Same excuses for him though - woeful underinvestment in the team.

The only rational decision when it comes to owning a football club is DON'T OWN A FOOTBALL CLUB. There's no money to be made in 99% of cases so there's your rationality out the window.

I love Roman but he didn't give us anything except money, for which I am truly grateful.

Dortmund finished 7th in the league in Klopp's last season and were down the bottom for a bit too. Same excuses for him though - woeful underinvestment in the team.

Klopp had all his best players taken from him by the bullies from Bavaria. No parallels to be drawn there, if that's what you're trying to do. Mourinho kept all his best players and was given Pedro in addition. A near world class player. Difference.

Klopp had all his best players taken from him by the bullies from Bavaria. No parallels to be drawn there, if that's what you're trying to do. Mourinho kept all his best players and was given Pedro in addition. A near world class player. Difference.

We wilfully sold Cech to Arsenal so there's a difference there but the point is that both suffered from things beyond their control in my opinion.

You left out Djogbdosy in the list of gifts he was given by the way. And Falcao.

We wilfully sold Cech to Arsenal so there's a difference there but the point is that both suffered from things beyond their control in my opinion.

You left out Djogbdosy in the list of gifts he was given by the way. And Falcao.

Cech was the back up keeper to Courtious and was adequately replaced by Begovic, a top class keeper.

Falcao was Mourinho's signing, probably done more to do his agent a favour than to help us on the pitch considering how shocking he was at Utd and the Copa America.

You know, it's funny. Mourinho normally gets taunted as a chequebook manager. He was given an opportunity to prove otherwise this season and look what happened.

straws, clutching....

It's not the same as Dortmund.

Mourinho wanted Falcao

Dildo - sure that shocked everyone, but Mourinho likes tall players and he got one.

Roman was dammed if he did, dammed if he didn't.

No win situation

I personally think they should have acted much quicker and hoiked him out a good 7 weeks ago, so the timing has surprised me, I thought he would be here until the summer.

I think his last press conference did it for him, without that, perhaps he could have stayed on - but that was too much.

So Jose really only has himself to blame, he needs to keep a lid on his emotions, otherwise these are the consequences. Chelsea will go on as will JM...

Today's news, tomorrows chip paper and some good memories...