Nathan Aké

James

55 minutes ago, Mário César said:

what do you think guys? ake is good enough to play with regularity?

We need bodies, he can play a bunch of positions. This window makes it hard to buy and we lost Oscar, Mikel and likely Loftus-Cheek will go too. Its just about making up numbers for me

He might be a good option for wing back as Alonso is starting to drop in form. 

Not just that but as mentioned he can play in other key positions. 

I'm all for it just as long Conted uses him and not stuck him in the bench. 

DELIGHTED he's coming back. I've been hoping he'd get a shot in the squad for the longest time.

Eddie Howe on Nathan Ake's imminent return to Chelsea: "It looks like that will be the case, it's not 100% finalised yet."

Ake now & Cristenson in the summer. We may not even need to buy another defender after all.

If we can also now get a midfielder this month we'll have all we need for the rest of this season.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

He might be a good option for wing back as Alonso is starting to drop in form. 

Not just that but as mentioned he can play in other key positions. 

I'm all for it just as long Conted uses him and not stuck him in the bench. 

I really think we should recall Baba Rahman if we won't sign anyone there in January. 

Ake should be only emergency option at LWB.

31 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ake now & Cristenson in the summer. We may not even need to buy another defender after all.

If we can also now get a midfielder this month we'll have all we need for the rest of this season.

The question is, are they good enough for us? They aren't bad players but fans always overhype and overrate players from our academy (myself included at times) and yet, nothing good has come to fruition.

4 hours ago, Amblève. said:

Not a big fan of this. 

Why?? Clubs always break their loan agreement when they send players back to their parent club if Bournemouth paid the loan fee we wouldn't have the option to recall him back 

Find it surprising people are saying he should make the LCB role his. We'd die on set pieces with him and Azpi. He's taylor made for LWB. Defensive stability, passing, technique, crossing ability, mobile. Ideal choice if we can't buy any top notch LB/LWB.

50 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I really think we should recall Baba Rahman if we won't sign anyone there in January. 

Ake should be only emergency option at LWB.

We can't recall Baba cause Schalke 04 paid a loan fee in the loan out agreement 

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

The question is, are they good enough for us? They aren't bad players but fans always overhype and overrate players from our academy (myself included at times) and yet, nothing good has come to fruition.

I think they're both good enough to at least be in contention for a place. RLC is the one I think many of our fans overrate and overhype. I have my doubts as to whether he'll ever be good enough for us.

52 minutes ago, the wes said:

We can't recall Baba cause Schalke 04 paid a loan fee in the loan out agreement 

If we'd really like to, we can recall any player currently on loan. After all Chelsea own these players. Probably would need to pay penalty fee but that's it.