Spike

Shit storm dead ahead :(

Trump and the yanks just assassinated the 2nd most powerful Iranian leader

He is the head of their worldwide shock troops and state terrorist cohort the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and since 1998 commander of its Quds Force—a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and clandestine operations.

Baghdad airport attack: Iran general Qassem Suleimani killed amid US tensions

Drone strike in Iraq kills man regarded as the second most powerful person in Iran

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/03/baghdad-airport-iraq-attack-deaths-iran-us-tensions

Image result for Qassem Soleimani

Major-General Qassem Soleimani, the head of the Revolutionary Guards’ elite Quds Force, was killed yesterday in a targeted U.S. airstrike at Baghdad airport. The Pentagon confirmed the military operation, which came “at the direction of the president” and was “aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans,” and claimed in a statement that Gen. Soleimani was “actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region.” The airstrike came just days after supporters of an Iran-backed Iraqi militia attacked the U.S. embassy in Baghdad, itself a reprisal for U.S. strikes on the militia in Iraq and Syria. Mustafa Salim, Missy Ryan, Liz Sly and John Hudson report at the Washington Post.

The Pentagon said Gen. Soleimani and his Quds Force, the military unit responsible for projecting Iran’s influence via proxies across the Middle East, “were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members, and the wounding of thousands more.” The Pentagon also blamed the Iranian general for orchestrating attacks on coalition bases in Iraq in recent months, including an attack on Dec. 27 that resulted in the deaths of an American contractor and Iraqi personnel. Michael Crowley, Falih Hassan and Eric Schmitt report at the New York Times.

Top Iraqi militia commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, an adviser to Gen. Soleimani, was also killed in the attack. AP reporting.

The U.S. airstrike marks a major escalation in tensions between Washington and Tehran. Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei threatened “severe revenge” for Soleimani’s death, saying “the resistance movement will continue with double motivations.” In a message sent on Twitter, Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif called the strike an “act of international terrorism” and warned the U.S. it was “extremely dangerous & a foolish escalation” of Trump’s growing confrontation with Tehran. Isabel Coles, Ghassan Adnan and Michael R. Gordon report at the Wall Street Journal.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani also vowed retaliation for the Iranian general’s death, writing in a message sent on Twitter early today that “Iran will take revenge for this heinous crime.” Rouhani pledged that his country will continue to fight against “terrorism and extremism.” Anna Kaplan reports at The Daily Beast.

The deputy commander of the Quds Force, Brigadier General Esmail Ghaani, was appointed today by Khamenei as the replacement head of the elite Quds Force, state media reported. Iran’s supreme leader said in a statement that the force’s agenda “will be unchanged from the time of his predecessor.” Reuters reporting.

Trump’s decision to order the U.S. airstrike drew swift reaction from congressional leaders, with responses largely falling along partisan lines, giving new flame to a debate over whether Congress should trim the president’s war powers. Catie Edmondson reports at the New York Times.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) urged the administration to “immediately” brief lawmakers on the U.S. killing of Gen. Soleimani, saying in a statement that the operation was carried out “without the consultation of Congress” and without an “authorization for use of military force” against Iran. Phil Helsel reports at NBC News.

The strikes followed a warning yesterday afternoon from Defense Secretary Mark Esper, who said the U.S. was prepared to take pre-emptive action against Iranian-backed forces in Iraq and Syria if there were signs the paramilitary groups were planning additional attacks against American bases and personnel in the region. Reuters reporting. 

Who was Qassem Suleimani? Michael Safi provides some clarity on the leader of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force, one of the most infamous military operators in the Middle East, at The Guardian.

An expert analysis of the kinds of questions raised by the U.S. strike killing Gen. Soleimani is provided by Brian Egan and Tess Bridgeman at Just Security.

A look at how the confrontation between the U.S. and Iran developed over the last eight days is provided by Sarah Almukhtar, Falih Hassan, K.K. Rebecca Lai, Lauren Leatherby, Allison McCann, Anjali Singhvi and Jin Wu at the New York Times.

The significance of the killing of Soleimani “cannot be overstated,” Peter Bergen argues at CNN, shedding light on the commander’s role in Iran’s military operations across the Middle East.

Live updates are available at CNN and Al Jazeera.

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

Shit storm dead ahead :(

Trump and the yanks just assassinated the 2nd most powerful Iranian leader

He is the head of their worldwide shock troops and state terrorist cohort the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and since 1998 commander of its Quds Force—a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and clandestine operations.

Baghdad airport attack: Iran general Qassem Suleimani killed amid US tensions

Drone strike in Iraq kills man regarded as the second most powerful person in Iran

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/03/baghdad-airport-iraq-attack-deaths-iran-us-tensions

Image result for Qassem Soleimani

Im an Iranian myself, and was no fan of this man, but what USA did was out of order. Who punishes the western cunts ordering and killing people? THis wont go by idly I promise. You can bet Iran will do something, maybe not today or tomorrow but it will come. USA want that war, they cant wait to start another bogus war. But they need their slaves to help out, cuz they wont be able alone. Mass casualties will start a huge uproar in in the street in US.

They are still feeling the burn when we shot Down their most advanced drone like a bird, they are still ashamed we video recorded their Whole fleet with our drone without their rader picking up anything at all. Fcking bums. 

8 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

And of course they say Iran was behind it, without any proof of course as always. They will get their war one way or another.

I wanted to ask you, is it true that Iran is killing many people are protesting their government? 

I have heard that a lot of unemployed young people are fed up with the regime and have been protesting but the government is killing them. 

Is this true? 

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

I wanted to ask you, is it true that Iran is killing many people are protesting their government? 

I have heard that a lot of unemployed young people are fed up with the regime and have been protesting but the government is killing them. 

Is this true? 

The people are by no means happy with the government thats true, and yes if it comes to it you will be shot, I dont like these fucking mullahs at all but they are not stupid. The people will defend their land as we have done always if a foreign power tries to invade etc. These mullahs came by blood and will be removed by blood, but it will be by the hands of the people not outside power.

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

And of course they say Iran was behind it, without any proof of course as always. They will get their war one way or another.

Yeah, figures... You can never trust what the media says or what governments say. Brainwashing is the same everywhere, east or west north or south. One says one thing and the other says another. What pisses me off the most is that regular folk are the ones who suffer the most because of fat cats trying to get richer on expense of others' sufferings. Fuck em all I say, wish we could just move to another planet.

28 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yeah, figures... You can never trust what the media says or what governments say. Brainwashing is the same everywhere, east or west north or south. One says one thing and the other says another. What pisses me off the most is that regular folk are the ones who suffer the most because of fat cats trying to get richer on expense of others' sufferings. Fuck em all I say, wish we could just move to another planet.

You said it my man......never trust criminals and murderers, our so called leaders are all that. And when war comes they will send your kids and grandkids, not their own. A big war will come somehow, the military complex demands it.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

The people are by no means happy with the government thats true, and yes if it comes to it you will be shot, I dont like these fucking mullahs at all but they are not stupid. The people will defend their land as we have done always if a foreign power tries to invade etc. These mullahs came by blood and will be removed by blood, but it will be by the hands of the people not outside power.

I don't think it's that easy since the mullah are allied with Russia, and turkey. I don't think the locals stand a chance. 

Unfortunately the people of Iran will continue to be oppressed by this regime as they get more powerful with their allies. 

18 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I don't think it's that easy since the mullah are allied with Russia, and turkey. I don't think the locals stand a chance. 

Unfortunately the people of Iran will continue to be oppressed by this regime as they get more powerful with their allies. 

I wouldnt say Turkey is a big friend but Russia and China def are. They are powerful sadly, but one of these days the whole 90m population will rise and hang them on the streets. You can only push people so much and then it will explode. All these sanctions for decades and decades have done nothing, Iran continues to grow in military power day by day. Economic sanctions will do shit and have done shit. Economic sanctions really should be illegel but hey the West love it I guess.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

I wouldnt say Turkey is a big friend but Russia and China def are. They are powerful sadly, but one of these days the whole 90m population will rise and hang them on the streets. You can only push people so much and then it will explode. All these sanctions for decades and decades have done nothing, Iran continues to grow in military power day by day. Economic sanctions will do shit and have done shit. Economic sanctions really should be illegel but hey the West love it I guess.

So how would you fix the problems in Iran?

Because as you mentioned, anyone that stands up to them gets kill in Iran. 

iran has been overtly aggressive towards US for years... benghazi consulate attack in 2012, taking US navy offciers hostage a few years later, taking down US drone, attack on US consulate a few days ago...

They were warned numerous times, especially by trump after the drone attack that there would be repercussions. They didn't listen, thought it was a bluff and decided to attack a US consulate so US kills the leading war monger of the region who's been sowing terror and killings for years in ME, suleimani.

and now ppl are saying the US is pushing for war after they've shown restraint for years and iran has been antagonizing and attacking US for years lmao