test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

Politics & Stuff

Started by Spike,

7,556 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, positivefootball said:

Where? Mexico? Iraq? Saudi Arabia? Nigeria?

Looking at Canada right now. Express entry could have me settled there as a permanent resident in a few months given my experience and skills.

Parky and Muzchap like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fernando said:

And this is another reason I voted for Trump and not Clinton:

 

LGBT Rights Activists Fear Trump Will Undo Protections Created Under Obama

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/10/501610933/lgbt-rights-activists-fear-trump-will-undo-protections-created-under-obama

 

Hecks yeah I would love that. Me being a bible believing Christian I'm against Homosexual marriage. 

And evangelicals Christian needed to make their vote count. 

But how do other peoples choice to get married affect you at all?

its not your life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

I'm a Christian. I don't care whether gay marriage is legal or not, I think people should be happy with what they feel like doing with their lives. What I don't like is when a clerk of a state or counties exercises his or her religious rights by not approving what he/she doesn't feel good doing, he/she is sued and sympathy will always fall on the side of the "oppressed". What I don't like is if I own a business store and I refuse to sell to a customer for personal reasons, I am sued for being anti-gay. That is not fair. People should respect the religious freedom which the Constitution clearly states. 

I've seen protests everywhere, people are burning American flags, destroying cars, beating old people who voted Trump and are justifying it using this note that Clinton won the popular vote so the election wasn't fair. But she won by just about 200,000 votes and people forget that 17 million people voted in just California and New-York alone,  where she won about 70 percent of the vote in the two states. So if people want only the popular vote to count then damn, any candidate just needs to campaign in the populous states and forget about the needs of the rest of the other states in America. That's complete rubbish and that's why electoral votes were created to prevent votes skewed in people's favor like that. 

As a public official, your job is to carry out the laws of the state. If that state allows something that you don't agree with you can either bite your tongue and deal with it or quit. Your first amendment rights don't apply when you are at work. When you're on your own time, you can be as anti-gay as you want, but when you're carrying out the laws of the state, you have to obey them. When on the job, you are the government, and denying something like same-sex marriage then is an act by the government, something that is prevented by the establishment clause.

as far as a private business, go ahead and refuse business. I don't know the legal recourses in states that allow this, but I would hope that those businesses burn to the ground.

iseah100 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

But how do other peoples choice to get married affect you at all?

its not your life. 

They do when we get sued for not wanting to married them.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

As a public official, your job is to carry out the laws of the state. If that state allows something that you don't agree with you can either bite your tongue and deal with it or quit. Your first amendment rights don't apply when you are at work. When you're on your own time, you can be as anti-gay as you want, but when you're carrying out the laws of the state, you have to obey them. When on the job, you are the government, and denying something like same-sex marriage then is an act by the government, something that is prevented by the establishment clause.

 

First of all, I'm not a gay hater. I respect their values, it's not easy for them.

Fair enough that if you work for the government you must abide by the law Obama and the 9 supreme Court judges alone enacted on the country. They would be better off working in an environment that they feel comfortable with or in another state which didn't abide by the Obama law like Indiana. 

as far as a private business, go ahead and refuse business. I don't know the legal recourses in states that allow this, but I would hope that those businesses burn to the ground.

Something happened in a state in US where a gay couple wanted to buy a cake, but they knew that the owner of the store is a devout Christian. They went to order the cake and requested they write on the cake: "F**k Jesus, I'm gay"

Now why would they do that except to provoke someone, so the owner didn't oblige and he was sued for millions and accused of being anti-gay. 

The point I'm making is there is a huge flaw in the law if that's what it takes to make millions, it's complete rubbish. It's not easy for gays but you don't need to demean others just to raise up the gays.

The last line is another reason why Trump won, but that's a topic for another time. 

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fernando said:

They do when we get sued for not wanting to married them.....

As a government employee, you should be sued if you don't marry them. If you're talking about a church denying them a marriage service, that should be up to them to decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Looking at Canada right now. Express entry could have me settled there as a permanent resident in a few months given my experience and skills.

im sure its much safer

would you be looking to leave if the election went the other way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

First of all, I'm not a gay hater. I respect their values, it's not easy for them.

Fair enough that if you work for the government you must abide by the law Obama and the 9 supreme Court judges alone enacted on the country. They would be better off working in an environment that they feel comfortable with or in another state which didn't abide by the Obama law like Indiana. 

 

 

Something happened in a state in US where a gay couple wanted to buy a cake, but they knew that the owner of the store is a devout Christian. They went to order the cake and requested they write on the cake: "F**k Jesus, I'm gay"

Now why would they do that except to provoke someone, so the owner didn't oblige and he was sued for millions and accused of being anti-gay. 

The point I'm making is there is a huge flaw in the law if that's what it takes to make millions, it's complete rubbish. It's not easy for gays but you don't need to demean others just to raise up the gays.

The last line is another reason why Trump won, but that's a topic for another time. 

But one (or even a few) instances of some assholes doesn't mean every private business is going to be subject to this. Trump supporters have done some horrible things since the election, but that doesn't mean every Trump supporter deserves some kind of retaliation.

As far as my last comment, it was harsh. Same-sex marriage is something that is a complete no brainer to me. My sister was married to a woman in the past. I saw how some in my extended family react to something that doesn't even affect them. I continue to see people argue against same-sex marriage and question why they care so damn much. You (not you specifically, Kellzfresh) don't want them to get married? That's fine. But there is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't legally be able to get married. Our government is not run by Christianity and it's not run by the Bible. There is no political or secular reason they should not be able to get married, and we have to keep a separation of church and state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fernando said:

They do when we get sued for not wanting to married them.....

What are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, manpe said:

What are you talking about?

A business not baking a cake for a gay couple. 

Eventually it will also come to church level. If a church doesn't want to marry a gay couple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2016 at 5:36 PM, Johnnyeye said:

15057931_1017428575070234_2122193674_n.jpg

Seems like a lie.  Can you provide a legit link to this story in People magazine?  Furthermore:

<snip>

And a public relations representative with People told us that the magazine couldn’t find anything like that quote in its archives, either. People‘s Julie Farin said in an email: “People looked into this exhaustively when it first surfaced back in Oct. We combed through every Trump story in our archive. We couldn’t find anything remotely like this quote –and no interview at all in 1998.”

<snip>

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/

But in 1999 Trump said in Wall Street Journal:

Trump, Wall Street Journal, Sept. 30, 1999: Let’s cut to the chase. Yes, I am considering a run for president. … Unlike candidates from the two major parties, my candidacy would not represent an exercise in career advancement. I am not a political pro trying to top off his resume. I am considering a run only because I am convinced the major parties have lost their way. The Republicans are captives of their right wing. The Democrats are captives of their left wing. I don’t hear anyone speaking for the working men and women in the center.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kolovrat said:

Seems like a lie.  Can you provide a legit link to this story in People magazine?  Furthermore:

<snip>

And a public relations representative with People told us that the magazine couldn’t find anything like that quote in its archives, either. People‘s Julie Farin said in an email: “People looked into this exhaustively when it first surfaced back in Oct. We combed through every Trump story in our archive. We couldn’t find anything remotely like this quote –and no interview at all in 1998.”

<snip>

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/

But in 1999 Trump said in Wall Street Journal:

Trump, Wall Street Journal, Sept. 30, 1999: Let’s cut to the chase. Yes, I am considering a run for president. … Unlike candidates from the two major parties, my candidacy would not represent an exercise in career advancement. I am not a political pro trying to top off his resume. I am considering a run only because I am convinced the major parties have lost their way. The Republicans are captives of their right wing. The Democrats are captives of their left wing. I don’t hear anyone speaking for the working men and women in the center.

 

 

 

i think its a lie, someone sent this to me, i tought it was true, i don´t have a legit link.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i think its a lie, someone sent this to me, i tought it was true, i don´t have a legit link.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/

This is the problem with having someone so polarizing. Stuff is thrown around and we have no idea what is right and what is a lie. The American media is quickly falling to the level of football journos.

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fernando said:

A business not baking a cake for a gay couple. 

Eventually it will also come to church level. If a church doesn't want to marry a gay couple. 

In the cake case, I agree that the cake maker should have been able to say that they will not bake the cake because it is an inflammatory statement, and that's something they shouldn't put on a cake. If I were them, I would have said that I will not put inflammatory comments on the cake, but would be happy to make a blank cake for them to do whatever they want with.

As far as churches, they should never be forced to marry a couple they don't want to and I doubt they ever will. That's what the first amendment guarantees. The government can't interfere with religious functions. It's fairly early days for the whole country, but some states have had legal same-sex marriage for years and no church has ever been forced to conduct a marriage ceremony for same sex couples.

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Looking at Canada right now. Express entry could have me settled there as a permanent resident in a few months given my experience and skills.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

 

He might as well take this as an opportunity to move to London so he can go to the Bridge regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“The American public has just voted to be fucked in the ass by a sociopathic narcissist, and it seems that like a badly written fanfic character, they actually wanted it.”

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last year, I feel that I've grown a lot in maturity when it comes to politics. I love reading viewpoints on both sides of the coin. I try to be the most neutral and unbiased man I can, so I can have the most learned and knowledgeable view point. I have several conservative journals that I frequent (Canadian Rebel Media, [Dave] Rubin Report, and American Daily Wire), but I struggle with finding an news source on the left that isn't blatantly biased.  Of course the three I listed have their biases but everything does and compared to journals like Huffington Post, Fox News, MSNBC, nearly everything Australian, CNN, Breitbart, InfoWars etc; they are relatively unbiased. Does anyone have suggestions, most journals are just echo-chambers that only serve their own agenda. It is tiring being told that as an immigrant I should fear Trump, but also as a white man I should be ashamed of myself. I don't want to be told what to believe, I want to be presented with facts to make my own opinion. 

If we have to use labels, personally, just a few years ago I would describe myself a hard-leftie. Welfare, pro-choice, LGBT rights, feminism, the whole nine yards before it became the 'cool thing to be'. Upon reflection I have discovered many things about myself, maybe that'll change in the future. For now, I consider myself a libertarian somewhat, with social leanings that go both right and left. Economically I feel I am more of a righty.

I have yet to read a debate to convince me on pro-choice. I cannot within myself see a point that after a sperm meets and egg that the fetus is not human. It's is not a fully developed human but nonetheless, it can only be seen as the genesis of humanity. I cannot morally justify to myself that killing that fetus at any point is okay, unless of very specific circumstances. How can we as humans arbitrarily draw a line that defines human life? Consciousness? What of the man that is in a coma? Is a born infant truly aware of itself? "My body, my choice"? Is it actually your body, or another human's simply inside your own? I can understand the rationale behind many women's choices to kill the fetus but I cannot abide by someone that does such an action out of convenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lucio said:

im sure its much safer

would you be looking to leave if the election went the other way?

I don't know. 

 

At the end of the day more people voted for Hillary than Trump, but even on that regard there were nearly 60 million voters, throughout this country, who looked at Trump and thought enough of him to elect him to lead this nation. Theres a disconnect here, and I don't even think its worth building a bridge on. I feel like the guy in the confessions of a republican ad, except instead of republican its pretty much American.

 

Things that I were taught to value, like respect, honor, and decency quite obviously mean nothing to Americans today. Where progressivism is one of cowering, and conservatism is one of bullying. Couldnt imagine having a kid here, and having them see Obama open his house for a guy who has been a bigot to him for years. Guys like Trump never learn because they never had to, and we just given this type of behavior the ultimate praise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This man ain't some billionaire for no reason. This ain't no naive businessman running for presidency. Donald Trump is a very wise man, and he knew exactly what to say, to win the "white American" votes. It's not a matter of being able to implement his policies (don't think he believes them) but it's all about the votes for him. He clearly set out his target audience in this entire campaign and couldn't care about what the 10% of minorities in America think because he knew the White Americans villagers would vote him.

Anyways, the US presidential position honestly means very little, in fact his appointment will make very little if any difference to the common American's life. This isn't a third world country where the leader can freely throw their fists around. 

I personally, don't support any of Trump's policies, as they are all built on xenophobia and hate. I can understand he is neither of those things and everything comes out of his mouth, is simply an election tactic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.