The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Ridiculous really, I dont even care if they have 100 of them.......as long as they can be pro's and hide that hidious shirt for 2 hours. But thats too much of a task.

Must be a bliss Vesper.

No bliss here. Ffs. Maybe scousers v yids final. That is a guaranteed summer of hell.

I do feel sorry for Messi, I still feel he will win his 6th ballon d'or regardless of this. For Valverde to instruct his team to sit back , the mighty Barca to sit back a slow team with several ageing players to sit back at Anfield of all places. Insane decision to play Dembele in their last match as well. Valverde is a fool and deserves to be fired. Any decent manager can win La Liga with Messi and a weakened Madrid.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

They went this far because of Messi. Once that guy retires, Barca will reach the last 16 and no further. That team is bang average without him.

Let's not get carried away, they are massively improving the team this summer.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

And you look at Chelsea. That is what's depressing.

Look at the positive side, Liverpool won 2-0 and Hazard had the chance to score two goals that could make it a 2x2. It means we are better than Barcelona.

Barca are a fucking disgrace no urgency they just sleep walked the whole 90 minutes. The number of times McManaman said we during the game you can't have your co-commentator so partizan it's ridiculous. God we'll never hear the end of this if Spurs win tomorrow I'm going to join a monastery on the Orkney Islands.

2 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

If Liverpool wins CL, and Arsenal win EL, that means fourth spot in the league wont get into CL, right?

Nah only if Liverpool were  to finish outside the top 4. Then be poof 4th lot gone. Max of 5 teams. I think.. 

Tbf Liverpool could've won it last week. Or scored more then they did. They just were a bit crappy. 

6 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

Alrigh good,

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

So we're definitely okay. Hurrah... Lets hope it's worth it. 

13 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I do feel sorry for Messi, I still feel he will win his 6th ballon d'or regardless of this. For Valverde to instruct his team to sit back , the mighty Barca to sit back a slow team with several ageing players to sit back at Anfield of all places. Insane decision to play Dembele in their last match as well. Valverde is a fool and deserves to be fired. Any decent manager can win La Liga with Messi and a weakened Madrid.

A lot is on Valverde. And that MF, which I have bashing all year, was their downfall. Rakitic has been shit for months, same for Busquets, and Vidal is a joke. All 3 are too old. So is Suarez. I never will give up my overall maxim that post 30yo in todays football, the decline is sudden for 90% of players due to so many games and the pace of those games. They started to fall off early on in season. Valverde should have played Roberto in MF and started Semedo at RB, just to keep pace level up.

True collapse (maybe worst game I have seen him play in 5 years) by Jordi Alba, who after Messi has been their best player all year. He was just shambolic, as was Pique, who has had his best season in years, but again is old and fading.

Coutinho was INVISIBLE. Pure pressure choke. Shameful performance. Valverde got his arse handed to him by a VASTLY superior, WC manager in Klopp.

Imagine being a United fan right now, btw. About to see your most bitter rival win the CL and your local rival win the PL. 😂😂😂 And that's after you yourself miss out on CL footy by drawing to the rock bottom side.

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

That disappeared already, thank fuck. That was my doom scenario I have been on for last two months, lolol.