The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

7 minutes ago, Henrique said:

The current rule is a bit vague, because its focused on the intent of the player. "Accidental" handball are not considered illegal. Thats why many people think Perisic penalty in WC final was unfair, and that PSG penalty against United was also unfair. From 1st june onwards the rules will be less vague, and the focus won't be the intent of the player, but the outcome. Here is an interesting BBC article about this: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47429316

Here is a quote from Ifab technical director David Elleray:

"We've changed it to say the body has a certain silhouette," said Elleray. "If the arms are extended beyond that silhouette then the body is being made unnaturally bigger, with the purpose of it being a bigger barrier to the opponent or the ball.

"Players should be allowed to have their arms by their side because it's their natural silhouette."

So, under current regulations Llorent goal wasn't a handball, because he had no intention of hitting the ball with his hand, and under new regulations that will be introduced in few months, his goal was as legal as well, because his arm was by his side, it was his "natural silhouette", he wasn't making himself bigger. To other side, under the hew regulations there won't be any doubt about situations as Perisic penalty and United vs PSG penalty, because in those situations the players were with their arms extended beyond their natural silhouette.

So, sorry @Fulham Broadway the ex professional referee duded doesn't understand the rule, because Llorent goal was 100% legit even if indeed there was a small deflection in his right arm. 

Sounds like they're defending their own interests. 

6 minutes ago, Henrique said:

The current rule is a bit vague, because its focused on the intent of the player. "Accidental" handball are not considered illegal. Thats why many people think Perisic penalty in WC final was unfair, and that PSG penalty against United was also unfair. From 1st june onwards the rules will be less vague, and the focus won't be the intent of the player, but the outcome. Here is an interesting BBC article about this: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47429316

Here is a quote from Ifab technical director David Elleray:

"We've changed it to say the body has a certain silhouette," said Elleray. "If the arms are extended beyond that silhouette then the body is being made unnaturally bigger, with the purpose of it being a bigger barrier to the opponent or the ball.

"Players should be allowed to have their arms by their side because it's their natural silhouette."

So, under current regulations Llorent goal wasn't a handball, because he had no intention of hitting the ball with his hand, and under new regulations that will be introduced in few months, his goal was as legal as well, because his arm was by his side, it was his "natural silhouette", he wasn't making himself bigger. To other side, under the hew regulations there won't be any doubt about situations as Perisic penalty and United vs PSG penalty, because in those situations the players were with their arms extended beyond their natural silhouette.

So, sorry @Fulham Broadway the ex professional referee duded doesn't understand the rule, because Llorent goal was 100% legit even if indeed there was a small deflection in his right arm. 

The article still says that any goal that was a result of a handball, won't be allowed?

The changes mean gaining control or possession and then scoring as a consequence of handling the ball will not be allowed - neither will a goal scored directly from handling the ball, regardless of intent.

Goals scored or created with the use of an accidental handball will not stand from next season onwards, the International FA Board (Ifab) have confirmed.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

What a team this is going to be... Hazard, Pogba, Jovic... Probably Telles... Maybe De Liht and still they can buy more. Or they can go for someone like Mbappe or Neymar. @Vesper what do you think?

I think I laid out a massive post on who they would or could go for and who they would sell, I will try and find it.

16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

What a team this is going to be... Hazard, Pogba, Jovic... Probably Telles... Maybe De Liht and still they can buy more. Or they can go for someone like Mbappe or Neymar. @Vesper what do you think?

Capello was not even informed about being sacked by Real Madrid, Marca and AS knew it earlier :D But if that's the case they shouldn't be cheapskates with us.

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

Wow Mathieu Flamini plays for Getafe? I thought he retired like 10 years ago.

still rolling on at 35yo (just turned a month and a half ago) lol

12 games 580 minutes this season, so deffo not a regular

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

still rolling on at 35yo (just turned a month and a half ago) lol

12 games 580 minutes this season, so deffo not a regular

Getafe signed him last February after being free agent for half a year, released him in July and resigned him in December :D What a guy, been a free agent 3 times but still makes a living.

13 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Getafe signed him last February after being free agent for half a year, released him in July and resigned him in December :D What a guy, been a free agent 3 times but still makes a living.

there is an 18 year age difference between Getafe's two strikers

Jorge Molina is 37
Hugo Perales is 19

lolol

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Villarreal could be RELEGATED

Now it looks like they will be fine but both them and Celta Vigo have a shity season.

So does Schalke, they are in the 15th position in the 18 team Bundesliga. They are still not 100% safe.

21 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Now it looks like they will be fine but both them and Celta Vigo have a shity season.

So does Schalke, they are in the 15th position in the 18 team Bundesliga. They are still not 100% safe.

strange years for all but 3 teams in the big 5 leagues, (Barca, Victimpool, and Shitty)

I am going with Barca to pull off the 2nd straight linear Sextuple in world football history (August 2018  Supercopa de España, 2018-19 Copa del Rey, 2018-19  La Liga, 2018-19 CL, August 2019 UEFA Super Cup, and the December 2019 FIFA World Club Cup.

The 2008-9 Barca team did not play in the August 2008  Supercopa de España, although they did win the August 2009 one, so they won all 6 in a row too They also did not play in the december 2008 FIFA World Club Cup (but won it in December 2009)

In theory, if Barca win the August 2019 Supercopa de España as well, they will top the trophies in a calendar year of that 2008-9 team (as they would have two Supercopas). They also can keep on going and win all the 2019-20 trophies too that would mean a true ONE SEASON team would win all 6 trophies (as the the Supercopa de España and the FIFA World Club depend on the season before.) It is funny because this isnt even the strongest Barce team (this year's squad) but may well be next year (if they add the right transfers) If they pull off all 6 then all 6 again, the only way a team could top that is if an EPL team won seven in a row and then 7 in a row again (as we have that extra Cup, the EPL Cup, no other major league has that 2nd cup)

I would have to rate Barca as the favourites for all again next year. So we may see history made again, if they can pull off the trophies still up in the air for them thsi year (La Liga, but they basically have that clinched, CL (the one most at risk, I hope they CRUSH the bindippers and either the yids or Ajax, and I will be for them v Ajax as well, just as I want to see history made and them to steal back spotlight from those RM cunts) and the Copa del Rey final exactly one month from now, (May 25th v Valencia)

They will crush whoever wins the EL this year in August, in the UEFA Super Cup (dog help us if we play them as no Eden, etc) and will surely be massive favourites in the December 2019 FIFA World Club Cup.

what a SHIT game that was!!!

one of the worst I have seen all year

ZZ sure doesnt have Real clicking atm

bonus

the after game crew is saying Cuntois is almost surely going to sold in the summer, that ZZ hates him

they surely will make a move for De Gea, although, (and I do NOT like this unless it ultimately yields Oblak to us in summer 2020), they are saying they may want Kepa over De Gea, grrrr

I cannot see that, and I so can see De Gea going to RM, especially as Manure are OUT of the CL for sure (or almost for sure) if we beat them on Sunday

57 minutes ago, Vesper said:

strange years for all but 3 teams in the big 5 leagues, (Barca, Victimpool, and Shitty)

I am going with Barca to pull off the 2nd straight linear Sextuple in world football history (August 2018  Supercopa de España, 2018-19 Copa del Rey, 2018-19  La Liga, 2018-19 CL, August 2019 UEFA Super Cup, and the December 2019 FIFA World Club Cup.

The 2008-9 Barca team did not play in the August 2008  Supercopa de España, although they did win the August 2009 one, so they won all 6 in a row too They also did not play in the december 2008 FIFA World Club Cup (but won it in December 2009)

In theory, if Barca win the August 2019 Supercopa de España as well, they will top the trophies in a calendar year of that 2008-9 team (as they would have two Supercopas). They also can keep on going and win all the 2019-20 trophies too that would mean a true ONE SEASON team would win all 6 trophies (as the the Supercopa de España and the FIFA World Club depend on the season before.) It is funny because this isnt even the strongest Barce team (this year's squad) but may well be next year (if they add the right transfers) If they pull off all 6 then all 6 again, the only way a team could top that is if an EPL team won seven in a row and then 7 in a row again (as we have that extra Cup, the EPL Cup, no other major league has that 2nd cup)

I would have to rate Barca as the favourites for all again next year. So we may see history made again, if they can pull off the trophies still up in the air for them thsi year (La Liga, but they basically have that clinched, CL (the one most at risk, I hope they CRUSH the bindippers and either the yids or Ajax, and I will be for them v Ajax as well, just as I want to see history made and them to steal back spotlight from those RM cunts) and the Copa del Rey final exactly one month from now, (May 25th v Valencia)

They will crush whoever wins the EL this year in August, in the UEFA Super Cup (dog help us if we play them as no Eden, etc) and will surely be massive favourites in the December 2019 FIFA World Club Cup.

We'll see. Barca always seems to be the very best team in Europe yet they haven't been in top4 in the Champions League since 2015. I really hope they will trash Liverpool but I'm not convinced. Real and Atleti handed them the title and the Champions League have been quite simple for them so far. Liverpool will be their biggest challange this season. Great post anyway.

10 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

We'll see. Barca always seems to be the very best team in Europe yet they haven't been in top4 in the Champions League since 2015. I really hope they will trash Liverpool but I'm not convinced. Real and Atleti handed them the title and the Champions League have been quite simple for them so far. Liverpool will be their biggest challange this season. Great post anyway.

I think the Barca v Bindippers tie are going to be the true CL title games, so yes, should be some smashing footie.

A Spuds v Victimpool CL final is my worst nightmare. The 2 teams I hate the most on the planet

Only Manure not being in the EL final (as Arse probably will be) makes it true final 4 nightmare (and if Arse beats us, I guess that is even worse, although Manure beating us in the EL final would have topped that)

The ultimate doom scenario is still theoretically on too (albeit VERY unlikely), especially if we lose to Manure on Sunday

It would take an EPL collapse by both Arse and Spuds, yet both win the EL and CL (almost impossible, but stranger things have happened)

and the final table would have to be

1 Shitty or Victimpool (Victimpool winning the EPL would make it the ultimate nightmare)

2 Shitty or Victimpool 

3 Manure (they would have to win out)

4 Chels (we would have to lose to Manure and then win 1 and draw 1 (thus have 71 points to their 73), as if we lose to manure but win the last 2, we would still top them on GD)

5 Spuds or Arse (they would both have to lose basically every EPL game left (in Spud's case for sure, as even 2 loses and a draw leaves them on the same 71 points we would have in this scenario and they top us on GD) Arse can win actually win one, draw one and lose one and still finish under us, but a win and 2 draws also puts them at 71 points and they probably (not completely for sure as if we only lose by 1 v Manure and win the last 2 games by a total of plus 4 or 5 we may beat their GD, but those odds are LOW) top us on GD)

6 Spuds or Arse

IF all that happened  (and Manure winning out (they play absolute shit Cardiff and Huddersfield in their other 2 games) and us winning 1 (probably at home v Watford), losing to Manure and drawing one (away to Leicester)actually is quite likely) and both spuds and arse win the cups (quite possible, but NOT easy for Spuds) is somewhat , albeit not very, likely

we are dumped out of the CL despite finishing 4th 

I would say the odds are 10,000 to one or higher of all that happening, especially spuds losing all three remaining EPL games, Tuesday 88th minute winner basically saved them and almost surely guaranteed them 3rd or 4th

in terms of non bizarre doom

if Arse lose away to Leicester (or win and lose either of the last 2) and we win 2 of 3, we are almost 100% going to the CL, regardless of what happens in the EL as they (Arse) cannot catch us on points)

The Manure game for us is just fucking massive, as if we win, I cannot see us missing out on the CL unless we just completely completely collapse in the last 2 games AND Arse wins out (or wins 2 draws one) AND we fail in the EL

Us winning 2 of 3, but outright losing the third and Arse winning 2 and drawing 1 is a bit dicey, as then they would probably clip us on GD (what a fucking gut punch that would be)

Manure cannot catch us at that point, if we beat them on Sunday, even if we drop the last 2 games and they win the last 2, GD difference is too high in our favour, we would be a minimum of plus 10 or 11 over them after Sunday, we would have to lose each of the last 2 games by 3 or more goals and Manure would have to win by 3 or more goals basically in both games)

14 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

I think this Liverpool team is better than barca. More complete and more balance. I favor pool to best barca. The only way barca to win is to have Messi waving his magic feet.