The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

True. Ole has massive balls to do so (even if those two were anonymous), Sarri has wrinkled tobacco knots

Chong had some big big tackles, looked oki

'one bad pass but started 3 buildups with clever dribbling

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Credit where its due I guess. Big task and they all rose really. Lukaku has popped up again! 

the massive danger is

they are now in same position as spuds

if either wins the CL, arse wins the EL

we finish fourth

with Arse in 5th or 6th

and the CL winner in 5th or 6th

we dont get CL

massive respect to RAshford tho to take the responsibility and convert with the nearly perfect penalty. I really hate how Utd are producing players like this whilst we never give ours as much of a chance. When Rashford had his debut he scored 2 goals in the EL. When a chelsea player does that he will be sat on the bench next game. 
Over the past few years, we've produced many more than man u though...yes, none have quite broken through like rashford, but who else has man u produced? Lingaard is not top quality.

We've had Christensen, ake, RLC, CHO.

Man u's youth production is so overrated. Ever since the class of 92 or whatever.

Taking nothing away from rashford. The kid is brilliant. Love his play

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

the massive danger is

we finish fourth

with Arse in 5th or 6th

we dont get CL

I don't think we will anyway. Or if we do unless we are able to make signings in summer or actually play decent in the group we'll be back in Europa. 

Imagine us 2-0 down these days. We struggle at 1-0 down. 

2 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

Over the past few years, we've produced many more than man u though...yes, none have quite broken through like rashford, but who else has man u produced? Lingaard is not top quality.

We've had Christensen, ake, RLC, CHO.

Man u's youth production is so overrated. Ever since the class of 92 or whatever.

Taking nothing away from rashford. The kid is brilliant. Love his play

Ajax academy is best to best in the world atm

insane players moving on a conveyor belt

32 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

This had nothing to do with a good manager. It was simply two terrible mistakes by psg players and a clear mistake by the ref...then poor finishing and execution on psg's part. They should have been up 3-0 in the first half.

In fact, did you see how absolutely lost bailly and young looked on that right hand side in the first half? I'd consider that very poor coaching because he's the one that set that up.

It's unbelievable how much has gone man u's way since ole took over. They've win multiple games they didn't deserve to. And there a few others they started poorly and the other teams missed absolute sitters, then they went on to win. Yes there has been good coaching and freeing if the players, but their run reminds me Leicester's when they won the league. They'll come back down to earth.

I really hope Ole stays because I don't think it's gonna work long term and they will be crying for a new manager halfway through next season.

This. If you watch some united games you will be shocked how poor united is. Conceding chances left and right and the other team didn't score. They then scored some difficult chances. It happen again and again. 

Btw stop watching VAR is slow motion. That is just a dumb way to use VAR. It will ruin the game. 

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the massive danger is

we finish fourth

with Arse in 5th or 6th

we dont get CL

we have to win EL anyway. Idont think Tottenham or Utd will win the CL. It will be Barca, atletico or City for sure. 

but just out of interest, what happens if Spurs/utd finish 5th and win CL, we finish fourth and neither us nor Arsenal win EL. Will it be 5 English teams in Cl then again?

26 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

we have to win EL anyway. Idont think Tottenham or Utd will win the CL. It will be Barca, atletico or City for sure. 

but just out of interest, what happens if Spurs/utd finish 5th and win CL, we finish fourth and neither us nor Arsenal win EL. Will it be 5 English teams in Cl then again?

I think maximum team from the same country is 5 in UCL so yes. 

39 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

5 is the max, thus if table was this

1 Shitty

2 Victims

3 Manure (or Spuds is 3rd, and Manure finishes 5th or 6th and Manure wins CL)

4 Chels

Spuds (5th or 6th, same thing) wins CL (or flip Spuds with Manure)

Arse   (5th or 6th, same thing) wins EL

we lose out even though 4th, as 5 is the limit and the 2 auto-qualifications due to cup wins means only top 3 EPL teams go

If Arseanl lose an EL tie

the whole thing crashes and we go through in 4th (or even better we win the EL)

If Arse wins EL then both spuds and manure have to crash out and not win

of course, we may finish 3rd (so zero worries) OR  on a bad note, finish 5th or 6th an not win the EL

Psg are massive massive chokers.

First barca two years ago and now this. United was shite in offense, yet they managed 3 away in paris. Psg played half arsed entire game and despite how shit United was, they managed to put in even worse shift, mentality wise. 

Im glad we are not the only laughing stock of europe. 

Psg and Real Madrid are converting attention from Chelsea to them realy nicely.