The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Sanchez has been weak, for his standards, for months. No way has he been more consistent. Yes, he's scored more goals. That's what he does. Hazard beats him in plenty of other areas and has without a doubt been the better player over the entire season.
Dybala suffered a dip in form in the first half of the season and was poor for his standards. Only started to perform like the talent he is in recent months. So never Dybala over Hazard. Neymar has impressed a lot but has also been very frustrating with his tendency to overdo things.
Even Ronaldo hasn't been up there with the very best. 5 goals against Bayern is incredible (even if a bit luck was involved with two offside goals) but that doesn't turn his worst season since his breakthrough at Utd into a typical high level and consistent Cristiano Ronaldo season.
Hardly any player in football in 16/17 can match Hazard's level of consistency, let alone trump it. Messi has been the best by far for me, and Thiago is another player who's been stellar. But many of the elite and world-class bracket have had issues or simply haven't been that consistent. And no one performs at their best game after game. The expectations concerning consistency has taken a ridiculous turn and has become completely unrealistic.
Your bias argument is moot because you don't know me. So yeah, not having that.

I don't look at numbers and judge whether they've been consistent based of those, but their actual contribution in each game. I can't really say much on this topic, as I've mentioned examples​ & you've disagreed.

Hazard has been the most consistent player behind Messi in Europe in your eyes. I personally couldn't disagree more, but there we have it.

The bias comment was in general and not specifically aimed at you.

30 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I don't look at numbers and judge whether they've been consistent based of those, but their actual contribution in each game. I can't really say much on this topic, as I've mentioned examples & you've disagreed.

Hazard has been the most consistent player behind Messi in Europe in your eyes. I personally couldn't disagree more, but there we have it.

The bias comment was in general and not specifically aimed at you.

I didn't say that. I said hardly any players match his level of consistency throughout the season. A small group of players have performed with a similar level of regularity, some have been even better. And I said you can't name three players who have been more consistent. You named a few and I disagreed with those you named outside of Neymar (to an extent) and Messi.

Only Cristiano can go into the quarterfinals with a record of 2 goals in 8 games and end up having a laugh by hitting 10 in 11. 5 goals in the quarters against Bayern and 3 goals in the semis against Atletico. Mind-boggling stuff from one of the true greats.

14 minutes ago, Rmpr said:

Typical bs overreaction after a loss. Why everyone blames "the players not playing for the manager" after every single football failure?

I guess its easier to label it like that instead of trying to understand the actual tactics and football reasons to why something isnt working...

The tactics are not working because few players are not playing to the required intensity.. Anyway I doubt simeone stays after this season

6 hours ago, kmk108 said:

I didn't get to watch the match.

I don't think Monaco would have a chance against Real, especially if Ronaldo is playing like this. I don't know if Juventus would either but it's at least a better chance. 

I like Monaco, but I doubt they have what it takes to stop Real Madrid. They are a young and inexperienced, but zealous team with no real ability to defend, while Real are playing some extraterrestrial stuff at times. Juventus would be a better match to them in the final, of that I am pretty sure. And in order to stop Real from winning it again, I'd rather Juventus made it through and went all the way.

13 hours ago, FabHazard said:

The tactics are not working because few players are not playing to the required intensity.. Anyway I doubt simeone stays after this season

Nope, tactics didnt work because the game plan was piss poor. This notion that a team can only lose because the players arent giving their all is absolutely stupid. If you google the amount of km ran or tackle attempts from Atleti, you will see it being the same as their previous wins. The difference is their midfield was dominated by Modric - Casemiro - Kroos. It has nothing to do with intensity!

Of course there are times where the problem is lack of desire or dissatisfaction (like us with Jose), but more often than not the problem revolves around footballing reasons rather than "the players arent giving 100%"...

P.S: this is not a dig at you man, its just an overall hatred because this excuse gets thrown in a lot and it makes me mad lol

1 hour ago, Rmpr said:

Nope, tactics didnt work because the game plan was piss poor. This notion that a team can only lose because the players arent giving their all is absolutely stupid. If you google the amount of km ran or tackle attempts from Atleti, you will see it being the same as their previous wins. The difference is their midfield was dominated by Modric - Casemiro - Kroos. It has nothing to do with intensity!

Of course there are times where the problem is lack of desire or dissatisfaction (like us with Jose), but more often than not the problem revolves around footballing reasons rather than "the players arent giving 100%"...

P.S: this is not a dig at you man, its just an overall hatred because this excuse gets thrown in a lot and it makes me mad lol

There are problems like juanfran not being available and koke playing in wide position....This atletico team is clearly inferior to its previous sides which were playing same tactics and those teams defeated Real madrid..so i doubt tactics are the problem...Yesterday while watching the match some players were clearly not up to the intensity of previous atletico sides

I agree that their midfield was dominated by real