The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

THE Champions League has returned after a lengthy break and nobody at Arsenal is sure whether they have gone out yet.

Arsenal staff now face a race against time to find out whether the club will be required to fly across Europe to be overwhelmed by someone like Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

Arsene Wenger said: “This is definitely the time of year when we usually go out of the Champions League.

“In fact I tend to mark it in my diary for a week or so after we surrender the title race, which would make it this week.

“But it’s also totally possible that we imploded in the group stage, lost to someone like Ludogorets and have already gone out, in which case I can make dinner plans for tonight.”

If Arsenal are unable to find a fixture list, they are expected to travel to Munich anyway and to fly back the next day presuming they have lost 3-1. 

Fan Tom Logan said: “I have vague memories of the group stage happening, but that could’ve been last year or an advert for a computer game.

“Being an Arsenal fan you tend to lose any sense of time passing. In many ways it’s like being a toddler, or a dog, you simply alternate between wild, delirious excitement and incandescent rage.”

Napoli's passing tempo & patterns is exactly what I want our players to do. It's easy, it's safe, it frustrates and tires out the opposition, and you stay in control. Madrid are fighting for scraps, yet Napoli aren't in full on attack mode themselves.Their style suits us.

1 minute ago, Leif said:

Napoli's passing tempo & patterns is exactly what I want our players to do. It's easy, it's safe, it frustrates and tires out the opposition, and you stay in control. Madrid are fighting for scraps, yet Napoli aren't in full on attack mode themselves.Their style suits us.

Italian playing style?

3 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Bayern are woeful. Something Carlo has become when he entered his second season at Chelsea. 

But the referee is probably wearing Arsenal themed underpants. 

2-1 Bayern. Fucking gooners hahaha

Make it 3-1