test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CHOULO19

The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

Started by CHOULO19,

10,447 posts in this topic
Just now, Special Juan said:

Atl Madrid v Leicester City

Dortmund v AS Monaco

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid

Juventus v Barcelona

Finally, good draw. Should be fun games

Cracking quarter final ties. Looking forward to Dortmund v Monaco the most. Two sides with brilliant young players going at it and there should be plenty of goals.

And no way Atletico will make the same mistakes Sevilla did against Leicester.

Atletico, Monaco, Bayern and Barcelona to go through to the semis.

Anderlecht - United

Ajax - Schalke

Celta - Genk

Lyon - Besiktas

Funny how United always get the 2nd leg at home this season.

Regarding UCL, I really really hope Leicester and Monaco go through, but I don't think both of them will make it. This might be Juve's year after all.

Last season it was Ousmane Dembélé, now it's Kylian Mbappé. Teenage superstars in the making popping up from French football like it's nothing. Both possess an amazing blend of skill and power. And they're both so direct and always want to make things happen in the final third.

How I would love to see them sporting Chelsea colours in the very near future.

(Not mentioning Martial because he never impressed as much at Monaco. His debut season at Man Utd was his most impressive personal campaign.)

Monaco have to win the title now. Failing to win it after such a campaign would be so painful.

Blue-in-me-Veins and Johnnyeye like this

Dani Alves is such an OG. I rate Lahm as much as anyone but Dani is my guy as the rightback of that generation. Love that guy. And his defensive prowess has always been very underrated by (too) many for me.

Alex Sandro is top class. Technically, tactically, physically. The man has it all. Brazil being able to pick from Sandro, Luis and Marcelo is ridiculous.

Dybala with a nice demonstration on the difference between good players and top players. Players like Costa, Lukaku, Kane would've taken two, three extra touches and might not even have released a shot. Because of the level of awareness Dybala possesses and his ability to think and act so quickly, he just needed two touches for his first goal and one for his second. He has his first big moment now and I hope many more will follow. Wonderful player

Higuain has the quality but lacks the mental fortitude for a true world-class striker. Can't take the heat. Time and time again he's failed to decide big and/or high pressure ties. He looks heavy btw.

Chiellini is a beast. For some reason he's never been very popular but he's been such a great defender for years and he's still going. Bonucci is a fantastic ball-player but he doesn't touch Chiellini defensively.

Great win for Juve. Real team performance. Barca need to make some changes. Balance is completely off.

MrExcalibur100 likes this

18 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Hope no refs help this time...

Was just about to post the same thing. Officials do not, in my opinion, deliberately set out to favour Barceloana. It's just that they are in sympathy with the Catalan club and its living legends on the pitch. Officials are subconsciously seduced into seeing things Barca's way. A brilliantly talented Barcelona player, a paragon of the beautiful game, makes contact with a brutish player of that other team. Of course it's a foul. Of course it's a free kick to Barca. Unless it's a penalty of course.

This nonsense has been going on for too long. Barcelona must not be allowed to cheat their way through another round of the competition.

Johnnyeye likes this

The refereeing was beyond awful. Really embarrassing for this level.

Great result for Juve, but Barcelona have become rather easy to beat away. Can't see Juve pulling a PSG this time, though. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Barca without MSN is nothing but a good team. 

Two of MSN are in their 30s already. 

IMO they have so many positions to upgrade and bench, with not much money available. 

Their era is coming to an end I believe. And as a fan of football, I cant wait for the return of english and italian clubs to the top like they were in the past. 

Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, CHOULO19 said:

The refereeing was beyond awful. Really embarrassing for this level.

Great result for Juve, but Barcelona have become rather easy to beat away. Can't see Juve pulling a PSG this time, though. 

I wonder why they always pull some turkish, polish,... refs who are quite unknown. Why not go for Proenca, Clattenburg etc. While they arent great, at least they are big names. 

With refs like today, it almost feels they are picked because no one would give a shit if they never judged again but they would help barca continue for this particular game.

Johnnyeye likes this