test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CHOULO19

The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

Started by CHOULO19,

18,461 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Well, congrats for Real. As expected.

Atletico gifted them the title. about the softest cl win ever given the run in they had malmö, as rom, man city... Atletico sweeping aside all the big guns for them. football is so unfair. barca or bayern would have made light work out of this rigid REal team. 

TheIceMan and communicate like this

Bayern, Real, Barca, Real. Bayern winning the CL next season with Ancelotti at the helm sounds about right. Boring.

This CL campaign is my least favourite in a while. I don't know, it lacked magic and I wasn't really drawn to the ties. Maybe it's the familiarity. I think that's it.

I guess the big three will continue to hoard all the world-class and elite players. I look forward to the end of that cycle. It was fun for a while but it's time for something new.

Essien19 and Amblève. like this

In the conference Simeone gave the impression that he might be leaving Atletico.....

I want this guy so badly for Chelsea but we already have Conte. 

Back in the day you would only be able to watch a handful of live football games on the telly. These days you can see more live games in a weekend then you could in a whole season. I had to go to the pub tonight to watch the game not that I gave a toss who won but almost out of tradition I thought I should watch the game. It's an absolute scandal that the Champions League Final is not on terrestrial TV.  UEFA are apparently concerned about viewing figures well don't sell your crown jewels to the highest bidder and think about the millions who don't have BT Sport you greedy bastards.

petre.ispirescu likes this

Hala Madrid. Happy they won it, I'm not on that hipster flow of rooting for underdogs at every turn in sports. 

Ronaldo was clearly not at top health, but he got the glory moment he wanted. 

Atleti didn't "deserve" the win on the balance of play imo (even though I don't really believe in that notion in one-off Cup Finals, you either win it or you don't.)

Atleti were all-over the place for large stretches of the match. Their pressing was not as compact, and they suddenly forgot how to defend set-pieces and should have been down 2-0 if Casemiro made better connection. 

Zizou nearly lost the game for Real Madrid by subbing off Kroos who had a strangle-hold on the match. I understand he wanted greater pace in midfield, but if it wasn't broke don't fix it. 

You got to wonder if the Atleti players can withdo another grueling, demanding season next year. For all their pressing, and high intensity, only 1 Copa Del Rey and 1 League Title have been made to show for it. At some point, Losing the title by 2/3 pts, and 2 UCL Finals, has to be beyond frustrating. Does Simeone have it in him to implement a more attacking, player friendly system for large stretches next season? I doubt it, but will be interesting to see. 

Shame Atleti fell at the final hurdle once again. They've niw lost three European Cup finals

Back in the day you would only be able to watch a handful of live football games on the telly. These days you can see more live games in a weekend then you could in a whole season. I had to go to the pub tonight to watch the game not that I gave a toss who won but almost out of tradition I thought I should watch the game. It's an absolute scandal that the Champions League Final is not on terrestrial TV.  UEFA are apparently concerned about viewing figures well don't sell your crown jewels to the highest bidder and think about the millions who don't have BT Sport you greedy bastards.

It was on BT Showcase, which is on freeview and was free to watch on YT.
Iggy Doonican likes this

I 'm afraid Atletico was shite yesterday and RM stupidly failed to win it inside the 90 minutes.
Strange thing we saw ten pens without goalies !
Oblak is useless in pens, Navas is too short.

Torres pen missed by Griezmann was from Grim's fairytales.
Ronaldo was the worst of the 22.

TheIceMan likes this

Haven't watched much RM lately but man, Ronaldo looks really poor.

Yes he scored the winning penalty but he was really bad.

And this RM team is pretty poor for UCL winner standard. Ancelotti UCL winning team will destroy this team

11 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Shame Atleti fell at the final hurdle once again. They've niw lost three European Cup finals

It was on BT Showcase, which is on freeview and was free to watch on YT.

Bloody hell I didn't know that would have saved me a trip to the boozer ha ha. Still think it should be shown on terrestrial tv though.

15 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Atletico gifted them the title. about the softest cl win ever given the run in they had malmö, as rom, man city... Atletico sweeping aside all the big guns for them. football is so unfair. barca or bayern would have made light work out of this rigid REal team. 

Yeah it is unfair, but that how it works. And what I mean 'as expected' was the result of the 'derby'. Real could not afford to lose. They play like crazy every time they face their neighbour in cup competitions. Not that I am expecting them since the beginning. As I thought Barca will did it again.

RM had the luck of the draw but they were on upward curve whereas Atl. fluffed it.
The two teams we admired, PSG and Atletico, fluffed it.
Bayern also but they are a Pep team so it was to be expected.

Bloody hell I didn't know that would have saved me a trip to the boozer ha ha. Still think it should be shown on terrestrial tv though.

I agree, but BT paid enough to secure it. They want all the views